Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-21, 09:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl - ah. I was thinking of the covid test that you got. I hope you can find where to get a blood test.

Check-in: lap swim and 16 min of Dailey Core Foundations. She likes planks. I don't mind, I can hold a plank for forever, or 2 minutes which seem like forever. Also, she talks about the natural curvature of the spine. Not fixated on tucking.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 07:34 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 6,857

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 06:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I always think of you when I read one of the cozy mystery series set in Charleston. Although the Indigo Tea Shop is fictional, you did go to a wonderful real-life tea shop not too long ago. Reading Haunted Hibiscus, the newest in the series.

Check-in: 18-minute Dailey barre workout and lap swim.

Yes, Lynn, I'm going through my DVD workouts in order of length. I think the next one is 34 minutes.

Hi to Cheryl.
Old 11-03-21, 08:37 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I went to a wonderful tea at the Biltmore House. I have not looked at their website recently, so I don't know if they have it anymore. I really enjoyed that event. ETA: I just checked and it's temporarily unavailable.

Check-In: 20 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-03-21, 09:06 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 cardio 30 minutes. Feeling somewhat better, but the voice is still not great and rough teaching through it. Luckily off teaching til Monday.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 09:17 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I wanted to share a bit of an update on Ms. Connie. She had a scan done on Monday. The pancreatic cancer is stabilized. Still there but no change. There has been a tiny spot on her liver that is more obvious now but not really any larger. Not sure what that means. Maybe it showed up a little brighter on the scan. Not going to speculate because the Dr's were very happy and said it was a good report. We'll go with that. She will have a break from the chemo for the next 6 weeks. She has been struggling with weight loss and needs to gain weight. Thank you for all the prayers for her.

Steps from yesterday: 6,888

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-04-21, 02:49 PM  
lynnf

Making slow progress, but still coughing somewhat. The voice is better. Am still taking it easy. But did a barre 3 30 minute signature and didn't have too much trouble with it, so that was good. Also had been having some tooth trouble and that is easing up. I thought it was my tooth guard not fitting correctly and stopping using it has caused the problem to let up. I have been using the same one for a while and I think my teeth have shifted so keeping wearing it was pushing one tooth around and causing pain and even causing it to loosen, which was scary. Luckily now it's solid again and I can bite on it. That was frightening until I figured it out, though.

Diana, that's great news about Ms. Connie. She has been so strong through all this. I'm happy she gets a break from chemo and hope she can get some good calories in her now.
Old 11-04-21, 03:02 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thanks for sharing the good news about Ms. Connie. Prayers continue.

Lynn, glad you helped yourself with the tooth issue.

Check-in: the longest Dailey short workout, Express, 35 min. Now I have 2 studio-length workouts on DVD, that I've never done. 50-something minutes each. So far, the workouts are so tough that maybe the longer ones really will be studio quality. I remember doing a Cardio Barre beginner class at the Santa Barbara studio. Move for move, it was the same as the Advanced DVD. I was looking forward to an advanced studio class, but the Santa Barbara studio closed before I could get back to it.
Old 11-04-21, 05:21 PM  
seabliss

I didn't get in a workout today, but I got over 20k steps. I actually flew to Madrid and back today. The crazy thing--living in Europe, you can fly to another country pretty easily and cheaply. It was my first time in Spain and it was fun to see some of it. Yesterday I got 14,625 steps. I did get my blood test yesterday, from a clinic with a very nice, helpful nurse. Tomorrow I do need to lift some weights, though.

Cynthia, it sounds like you are in training for Sedona!

Lynn, I didn't know you wore a mouthguard. Do you also have bruxism? It is such a bane to my sleep.

Diana, praying for Ms. Connie!
Old 11-04-21, 06:01 PM  
lynnf

Oh yeah, I'm a grinder. Apparently tons of people are.