Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-21, 08:36 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Steve SanSoucie On Demand

Steve SanSoucie has an On Demand service for $4.99/month:

https://www.stepwithsteven.com/on-demand

I never clicked at all with his step DVD, and have done it maybe twice at most, but I have really been enjoying his step workouts on YouTube. His cuing is excellent and the choreography really flows together nicely. Because I have been doing so many of his free workouts lately, I thought $4.99 was a reasonable amount to pay for his streaming service.

As an example of his On Demand offerings, he recently posted a 30-minute intermediate step workout on YouTube, with an hour long version on demand, including extra combos. He also has some strength and PiYo workouts, which I have not tried.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 07:17 PM  
owltx

Thanks for posting this Paula! I went and tried one of his more recent step workouts on YT and really enjoyed it. Slowish getting started, but I was definitely sweating and having fun by the end. His cuing is excellent!
Old 11-15-22, 08:58 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Just revisiting my old thread to say that Steve has reduced his on-demand subscription to $2.99/month. He has been absent from YouTube for a while due to a bad case of Covid, but he posted a fun hour-long step workout yesterday that was intermediate to slightly advanced (IMO).

He will mostly be posting to his on-demand from now on, due to many of his workouts being flagged by YouTube due to music copyright issues.

If you love step, I recommend checking out his workouts. He also has some strength and a few yoga-inspired workouts.

Old 11-16-22, 06:55 AM  
donnamp

How have I missed him? I just previewed some of his step workouts on his You Tube channel. They look like they are a lot of fun without being too complex and w/ decent music. Perfect.

What does he offer on his On Demand service? I wish there was a preview of the content somewhere. But, I guess for $2.99/month what is there to lose?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 07:41 AM  
ChelePA

Forgot about his workouts. Always great routines with good cuing. Was he a Cathe fan? Or maybe a Cathlete recommended him many years ago. Switched to Kat Gates-Buettner workouts because I loved her music choices. Thanks for the reminder and information.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 09:07 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

What does he offer on his On Demand service? I wish there was a preview of the content somewhere. But, I guess for $2.99/month what is there to lose?

Donna
Hi Donna, as of right now, it is mostly the same workouts as on YouTube, plus the ones taken down. I think currently there are about 50 or so each of step and strength workouts. He hasn’t added much new content lately due to recovery from Covid and other issues, but he said this week that his intent is to get back to it.

My thinking was that I do so many of his step workouts that I am happy to support at that price, even if new content is sporadic.

Honestly, I don’t do many of his strength workouts, since I have a few other instructors I enjoy for weights, but the ones I have done are good.

Old 11-16-22, 09:12 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Forgot about his workouts. Always great routines with good cuing. Was he a Cathe fan? Or maybe a Cathlete recommended him many years ago. Switched to Kat Gates-Buettner workouts because I loved her music choices. Thanks for the reminder and information.
I absolutely adore Kat’s workouts. If I did no other step workouts for the rest of my life other than Kat’s, Steve’s and Stepping Around the World with Marci, I would still be pretty happy!

Old 11-16-22, 10:22 AM  
bergame
VF Supporter

Thanks for this reminder about Steve's On-Demand service. I would like to support his business, especially given how admirably he handled a snag in his first DVD offerings.

When his Stepping Alive DVD came out in 2018, there was a minor glitch in one of the combos. Here is his email about it:
"I wanted to send you a note to thank you for your recent order of Stepping Alive and Sizzle & Chisel. I so appreciate your support! Teaching is a passion of mine and making these videos has been a dream come true for me. I've been teaching group classes for a long time, but this was my first time in front of a camera.

I did recently become aware that there's a small hiccup in the final editing of the Stepping Alive video. I was very surprised when I heard about it. In combination #2, there is an edit that didn't make it correctly before it went to duplication. I'll be honest, it's very embarrassing as I take pride in my teaching, cueing, work, etc.

The good news is my production team is working on fixing it and I'm having new DVD's published as a replacement.

I wanted to send a note to apologize for the glitch and to let you know I'll be sending you a revised copy soon.

I am thrilled by the support I've received, especially since I'm the "new guy". There are so many options for workout videos, so I truly feel blessed by the support. I'm also thrilled that there are Steppers out there who are still enjoying the benefits of step aerobics. Step is one of my favorites and I'm hoping to make more videos in the future! The name "Stepping Alive" is my desire to keep Step Alive LOL.

Again - please accept my apologies. Once the replacement is ready, I'll send you an email to let you know it's on it's way. I hope this glitch doesn't reflect too badly on me. Once you receive the new video I welcome your honest feedback.
"

I was worried that a "do-over" like this could financially sink his brand new enterprise, but Steven refused my offer to even just pay for the shipping of the re-do.

Glad to hear that he is still "Keeping Step Alive"!
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-22, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Wow, he sounds like a class act - I watched a few of his videos and I'm going to plug them in here and there. Thank you for sharing!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-22, 02:59 PM  
Mickey12

I just purchased his two step DVDs from the site, Stepping Alive and Sizzle and Chisel. They were only $8.00 each and ship free! Woo hoo!! So now I'm on a quest. Didn't he have an earlier step workout? I can't find anything about it. Am I imagining it?

Tags
steven sansoucie