Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-21, 05:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did Jenny Ford Zombie Step Aerobics. I was surprised I actually followed along so well...after I stepped on my own foot! Combo 3 of dead leg repeaters will probably haunt me tmrw as I squatted low enough to touch the 6" step each time. I really enjoyed this and got distracted some bc I was having fun watching the zombies behind her! So glad I finally have a setup that allowed me to do this workout.

I followed that with Lesley Fightmaster's Glowing Yoga Body Workout (Halloween Vinyasa) 30 Minute Flow. I have missed Lesley and loved that she had fun with this and made me chuckle several times with her howls and ghost noises.

Fun day! I hadn't worked out since last Friday bc I've been too distracted with all my decorating but it felt good to get my heart rate up and sweat it out!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 08:44 PM  
Leonana

I was out of town last weekend visiting my sister, and did a couple of short body weight workouts on Sunday. Monday, I babysat a friend’s five year old daughter, they call me when the grandmas are busy. Tuesday was house cleaning and a short low impact cardio from Senior Shape. Wednesday was Jessica’s Lift and Shift Total Body. But that afternoon I came down with another cold. I just got over the last one two weeks ago. Fortunately, it’s a mild one. Friends who had the same cold also got this one. It must be going around. But fortunately it isn’t too bad this time around. But I’m getting tired of it!

MT, your concert sounds exciting!

Vannie, your workouts sound like fun. Maybe I will try a Halloween workout next week.
Old 10-02-21, 02:23 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I tallied up my points from September finally. I was short by 8. I cannot seem to meet the goal of not sitting at the computer for more than 25 minutes at a time. I don't park at the computer all day by any means and I have a timer but I'm trying to find another why to remind myself to get up and stretch because I find the timer irritating. I'll have to come up with something or a nicer sounding timer. lol.

Yesterday, the dogs and I went for a great walk, much longer than normal. The trees are past their prime already for Fall foliage. The last two weeks of September are amazing for the the foliage and my fav time of year. I also watched a Guerilla Zen Fitness youtube clip. He has not posted for quite a while so it was good to see the channel active again.

Vannie, your Halloween themed workouts look like a lot of fun!

MT, awesome that you are going to see KISS!!

Sherry, sorry to hear about another cold. I usually get one this time of year....so far I haven't but we get some really extreme temperature variations about now and I think that's been part of it. I'm guessing you might too in the desert. I hope you feel better soon.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 04:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did Brad Belote Halloween Workout Dance Fitness 2017. It was really long at an hour but I also haven't done a single workout that was that long in ages so there is that. There were some fun moves in it but the sound quality was so bad that I had my TV up just a few notches below full blast to hear the music and even then it wasn't always easy and sometimes I couldn't understand him very well. (But full disclosure, I have one ear partially plugged thanks to sinuses or allergies and I had 3 fans blowing on high, so your results may vary!) I probably won't do this one again. I didn't know some of the songs, which definitely took away from it for me since I listen to Halloween inspired music all the time! By the time Another One Bites the Dust (love this song) came on right before the cooldown I was quite over the workout and just did my own thing. The first 40 or so minutes are dancey cardio and then he does some unweighted strength stuff. I followed it with Strong Knees 7 minutes to save your knees and stretch.

Katie, so close for September for you! Our leaves aren't at full peak yet but they sure are pretty changing colors.

Sherry, how frustrating to get another cold! Hope it goes away quickly.

Howdy, MT!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-04-21, 09:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, how was the concert?

Do The Next Thing!
Old 10-04-21, 06:01 PM  
MathTeacher

The concert was awesome! They are just a s good as they were the first time I saw them.
Old 10-04-21, 08:25 PM  
Leonana

MT, I’m glad the concert was awesome!

Vannie and Katie, thanks for the well wishes. This cold got worse unfortunately. I’ve had three colds in the past two months. I guess my immune system threw up its hands and said whatever! It’s unusual for me, I usually get a cold once every couple of years.

Katie, change of weather and elevation might be it. We’ve had a lot of rain, with varying temps. I also went out of town up north three times. All three colds started one to two days after an out of town trip. I also don’t sleep well when I’m out of town, which probably contributed. And every cold hit me right after I did a more advanced workout. I think I’ll stick to light and moderate from now on.
Old 10-06-21, 01:31 PM  
Vantreesta

This is what I did for Monday's workouts:
15 minutes (from Halloween Dance Workout for The Whole Family | The Studio by Jamie Kinkeade, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
7 minutes (from TTSL Desk Jockey WOD 3/10/21 -- 4 rounds)
10 minutes (from J. Miller YTU Quick Fix Rx Lower Body Series-feet & ankles)
10 minutes (from 1.01 mi run)

Sunday my friend and I spent most of the day at the closing day of the Ren Fest and had so much fun. No men or kids to worry about, just us and our credit cards. Yesterday I should have sucked it up and pushed through the blah low feelings but I gave in and never did workout. I need to get off my butt now and get smthg done for today!

So glad KISS still rocks, MT!

Old 10-06-21, 04:24 PM  
Vantreesta

I did these today. Overcame tiredness, lethargy and funk so even though it isn't much it's better than nothing! I have missed two runs this week and that means two Zombies Run missions missed!

HALLOWEEN INSPIRED FULL BODY WORKOUT!! || NO Equipment! -Sharona’s Hill--there was no warmup or stretch, 3 rounds of bodyweight exercises; next time hopefully I remember to do a warmup first

Zumba Sulu: Halloween Zumba Cool Down/Stretch (The Nightmare Before Christmas)--made me smile!

Old 10-09-21, 03:06 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, glad you got to enjoy the concert! You've gone to some really good ones. Cher, Tom Petty. Vannie, you've gone to some really good ones too. I'm not much of a concert goer.....not really an opportunity around our area but to see a really great band or artist would be a real treat.

Sherry, hope your cold is done now.

I'm going to take a break from the check in as we are just very busy right now. It should slow down again in about a week(I hope) and I'll get back with it.

Most of our trees are bare already....Hope you are all enjoying your Fall colors...I know most of yours come later than ours.

Do The Next Thing!