Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-21, 08:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'm not good at finishing them. As someone said upthread, life just always seems to get in the way.

I do love the idea of rotations though. These days, I'm just putting together a weekly play list on YouTube built around this template:

Cardio
Strength
Pilates or Barre
Cardio
Strength
Pilates or Barre
Stretch

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 08:56 PM  
Venus

I've started many rotations, but usually lose interest after a while. The rotations I've done the best with:

Brazil Butt Lift
Slim in 6/Slim Series
JM Ripped in 30 (I did 30 days with my SIL)
Zuzka Light Power Cardio
Tone It Up Bikini Series
Zumba

Recently, I did several months of Yoga with Adriene rotations and almost finished a rotation with Jessica Smith. I do like to make and collect rotations, but I tend to just do what I feel like doing each day (or sometimes for a week or a month). I like to pick and choose, but for some reason I have trouble doing individual workouts if it's part of a set or rotation.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 04:29 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I get all enthusiastic to start a rotation, but usually find them too hard. Now that I'm older and have been through a few health challenges, I find that I have to progress much slower than most rotations allow. Right now I'm trying to build strength so I'm doing the same dvds over and over again while increasing the weights. It gets boring since I like to change around, but it's the only way I know to improve in a systematic way.

I used to do whatever I liked, and over time I did get stronger. Now, however I want to build strength in certain muscle groups so I have work them consistently.
Old 08-12-21, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Love to 'set it and forget it'. I typically finish the ones I start. Now STS seem so overwhelming I haven't done one workout after 'investing' in it. 'Cause it was an investment....
Old 08-12-21, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

It's been interesting reading this thread. I note that Beach Body programs seem to be the ones with the most stick-to-it-iveness.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

FoLV wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
No, not as written..and don't really care to do rotations as written. My body has different needs. I LOVE having a rotation as a template to modify it to suit my needs.
If I use a Cathe monthly rotation, it's not recognizable to someone else
I also LOVE going through a DVD set ..but only one time through ...not weeks on end. So I guess that doesn't count as a true rotation either.
I complete challenges but mine last longer than the prescribed length.
(ETA: Hehe, I'm a mess when I look at what I just posted!!)
I read:

"Yadda yadda yadda. You're not the boss of me."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 11:44 AM  
bethellen

This thread is making me want to pick a rotation and actually stick to it. I've been contemplating the Firm 90 day.....
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 01:11 PM  
red1013

I've only tried two:

Lee Holden's Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge, which was quite easy as it's only 7 minutes a day.

Cathe's STS, in which being able to choose my own cardio/yoga workouts outside the three STS per week made it very doable for me.

Otherwise, I know I won't commit (especially to a single instructor), so why bother.

My weekly rotation consists of me getting at least three strength workouts in, some cardio every day, yoga when I feel like it, and plenty of stretching.
Old 08-12-21, 02:30 PM  
ellaenchanted

I love doing rotations but won't force myself to stick to something I don't like or to an instructor I don't click with. The one rotation that ended up being a waste of time was Drop 2 Sizes by Rachel Cosgrove. It was years ago but it did nothing for me and wouldn't try anything from her again.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 07:23 PM  
Sollamyn

I'm real good about planning and starting rotations. Sadly, I'm not good at completing them. I think I did most of Project:You, a Karen Voight rotation, and a couple of Jessica Smith rotations. That's all I remember, anyway.

Donna

Tags
rotation, rotationally challenged, rotations