Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-21, 04:56 AM  
Helen

Helen's Log - all fresh with no security or trial.

About 10 years ago, I started converting my Excel log to Access.

It turned out rather well, and I initially intended to market it, so it was setup with a 30-day free trial, then security embedded in the code so it would only function on the computer it was started on.
Self-realisation - I'm NOT a seller, so then I offered it to VFers for FREE, just assured them that I would NOT charge for the activation codes - I didn't change the front end coding to get rid of it. Nobody took me up on it.

Have just spent two weekends getting rid of all of that front end except needing to add your personal details (needed for automated functions like calculating BMR which is then used with MET values to give a calorie count for workouts done).

Started with my own version that I've been using fine for over 10 years - so all the little extra tweaks I've put in over the time are there - AND all the data (Workouts, rotations etc). It's been cleared out of my records of "workouts done" and body data, but didn't clear out my own information on weights I used in each workout, nor the "MyCode" which gives the disc number in my folders. MyCode can be used for whatever you like, say "fave" "hard!", ...

Have tested it several ways and seems to be fine - hope it works fine for anyone who downloads it.

I'm happy to answer any questions - it DOES have 70-80 (can't recall) tutorial pages with it.
Also set up a Facebook page so questions could be put there instead, so everyone using it can see the replies.
I'd never learned how to make videos of me doing things on the computer, but now that I know Zoom (school teacher, online lessons) - that would be quite easy to do than it was 10 years ago!!)

Anyway the link is below.
FITLOG VF SMALL FINAL (the calendar opens as a smaller size, more appropriate for a laptop - think it's sized for about a 15" screen- again, too long ago to remember)
FITLOG VF BIG FINAL (the calendar opens much larger, better for a full computer) - This is the version I've been using since 2007. so it may have more functions than the smaller one.

Warning - expect a learning curve - but probably well worth it.

LINK to OneDrive
LINK to Google Drive
LINK to FaceBook Page for help/questions

The file size of each is 713 MB, so almost 1GB - because of how much data is in there.

Started a thread so that questions/answers could go here - and maybe video links if I need to???
Did create a FB page for that purpose years ago - have removed all members EXCEPT Rhonda Brand (since she's here & I recognise the name) and Sydney (the only person I know to have used it consistently for a few years).
Here's the FB Group page link - changed it to private, as I'll put the link to download the file there too in a few days - when the setting changes over.
Have removed all prior members apart from a few who I recognised.
Fresh start.

Upon first opening:

HALT ALL MACROS
ENABLE CONTENT
YES, to "trusted document".

Then you'll get a popup to enter your details:
NAME
anything will do, it's really just a way for ME to enter a password so access lets me get to the code
DATE OF BIRTH
close enough so that your age for BMR calculations is accurate
HEIGHT
as above
HEIGHT UNITS
cm or in - defaults to inches
Yeah, it's binary, because all of the formulae that I could find were, so had to go with it
RACE
Weird one - but from reading scientific papers, the most accurate BMR uses it - go with whatever YOU think YOUR body type is closest to - tough one as race itself is NOT scientifically able to be determined (yeah.... so why is it in the most accurate formulae?) but the info only ever sits in Access - there isn't any internet link with the file - I can't do that, and don't intend to try.

Warning - now & then, Access has been 'hanging' when it closes - taking a long time to close - but it DOES close!
Not every time though - don't THINK it's the file, think it's a glitch with Access since I'm on a Mac and use Parallels. I can't find why - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 05:32 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Helen, thank you.

I use Access at work, but i don't think i would be allowed to download your file there and use it. do you still have the excel version? if not, no problem.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 07:07 AM  
Helen

Oh the excel version is long gone.
The accesss is a whole different level entirely.
Sorry.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-24-21, 12:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, you are the bomb! Can't wait to download and get started! THANK YOU!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 12:51 PM  
bubbles76

Is it too much to hope that this will work on Macs? I don't think Mac has an Access equivalent, do they?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 04:48 PM  
pgun3

Thanks!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 07:05 PM  
Helen

Bubbles - No, Microsoft never added Access to their Mac version of Office.
I'm on an iMac myself and ONLY have Parallels for my log, which is a pain, but I can't live without it.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-25-21, 05:25 PM  
bubbles76

Helan, thanks for your gift, even if I can't use it
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 08:47 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Very generous of you! Thank you.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 10:39 AM  
Vantreesta

I wasn't able to download the small file on my laptop. It says it "was blocked because this type of file can harm your device." Is it because of what browser I'm using or something?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
share the wealth, spreadsheet, spreadsheets, workout logs