Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-21, 09:45 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I would also buy this if it were on DVD. I'm bummed out that it's not.
Me too!!!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
I would buy it if it was on DVD also.
Yep. Definitely.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 10:32 AM  
Gams

I’m just the opposite - when I first heard about this I was hoping it would be on DVD so I could buy it, but the more I hear about it, I don’t think I’d like these.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 10:34 AM  
katalina

I'm disappointed how many offerings are not available on DVD - not just from Jessica, but Ellen as well. Thankfully, I have more than enough DVDs. Or do I?
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 12:57 PM  
Leonana

I started it again today. I’m appreciating it more this time around. I realized that after my month with Lift and Shift, I was using heavier weights for all my other workouts.

One thing I liked in the Total Body workout is the Upright Upper Back Pull. Jessica said it targets the weaker upper back posture muscles. I felt like this is a good one to prevent dowagers hump, something I’m concerned about. My mother had it. I don’t have it, but I have scoliosis, and I catch myself slumping frequently.
Old 06-28-21, 06:18 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I started it again today. I’m appreciating it more this time around. I realized that after my month with Lift and Shift, I was using heavier weights for all my other workouts.

One thing I liked in the Total Body workout is the Upright Upper Back Pull. Jessica said it targets the weaker upper back posture muscles. I felt like this is a good one to prevent dowagers hump, something I’m concerned about. My mother had it. I don’t have it, but I have scoliosis, and I catch myself slumping frequently.
Sherry—Would you mind describing the Upright Upper Back Pull. TIA

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 06:29 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I just bought Lift & Shift today. The email said the last day was yesterday, but when I went to the site a little while ago, it was still available, thank goodness. I previewed a few of the workouts and they look really good, so I'm looking forward to it, but I probably won't start it as a rotation until the fall.
Old 06-28-21, 07:50 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Sherry—Would you mind describing the Upright Upper Back Pull. TIA
I'm not very good at describing moves, but I'll try and relate what Jessica said. "Upright Upper Back Pull: you use lightest weights, you can upgrade when you are ready. Feet are hip distance apart, pull the elbows back, and externally rotate the shoulders on the way up, thumbs higher than the pinkies, then lower down. It kind of looks like an upright row, but it's not. She doesn't want you to lift in that internally rotated position of the shoulders. She wants you to pull back, externally rotate on the way up, squeezing those shoulder blades back and together. We are really tapping into those often neglected, chronically weak, upper back posture muscles. It's also good one to strengthen the rotator cuff at the same time."

Hopefully, someone else will chime in! It seems to me that she brings up the arms into a W position, squeezing the shoulder blades. When I looked up upright row on you tube, they don't lift the arms as high, but just to chest level. Jessica lifts them over the shoulders, forming a W. I felt it might help with the hump issue, because of a video by a chiropractor on moves to prevent it. One of the moves was lifting the arms into a W position.
Old 06-29-21, 12:12 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
I'm disappointed how many offerings are not available on DVD - not just from Jessica, but Ellen as well. Thankfully, I have more than enough DVDs. Or do I?
I know!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-21, 08:45 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'm not very good at describing moves, but I'll try and relate what Jessica said. "Upright Upper Back Pull: you use lightest weights, you can upgrade when you are ready. Feet are hip distance apart, pull the elbows back, and externally rotate the shoulders on the way up, thumbs higher than the pinkies, then lower down. It kind of looks like an upright row, but it's not. She doesn't want you to lift in that internally rotated position of the shoulders. She wants you to pull back, externally rotate on the way up, squeezing those shoulder blades back and together. We are really tapping into those often neglected, chronically weak, upper back posture muscles. It's also good one to strengthen the rotator cuff at the same time."

Hopefully, someone else will chime in! It seems to me that she brings up the arms into a W position, squeezing the shoulder blades. When I looked up upright row on you tube, they don't lift the arms as high, but just to chest level. Jessica lifts them over the shoulders, forming a W. I felt it might help with the hump issue, because of a video by a chiropractor on moves to prevent it. One of the moves was lifting the arms into a W position.
Thank you Sherry. I’m going to try this one next time I do upper body. I was happy to see that she mentioned it’s a good one to strengthen the rotator cuff. I’m still struggling to get some strength back after my rotator cuff surgery.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews