Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-21, 10:09 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 03:39 PM  
Lori_Michigan

We watched Billions and Californication on Showtime (it's only like $1 for two months now on Amazon Prime!!) but we're struggling to find other Showtime shows now that we have it until the end of June.

Any Showtime shows suggestions? I really don't care for heavy crime or tough to watch kinds of shows. I tried Ray Donovan but it was a bit too much for me in terms of grit (although he was quite delightful to watch!!).
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 03:43 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
We watched Billions and Californication on Showtime (it's only like $1 for two months now on Amazon Prime!!) but we're struggling to find other Showtime shows now that we have it until the end of June.

Any Showtime shows suggestions? I really don't care for heavy crime or tough to watch kinds of shows. I tried Ray Donovan but it was a bit too much for me in terms of grit (although he was quite delightful to watch!!).
The show "The Affair" from Showtime was suggested to me. It is now on Amazon Prime (I do not have Showtime anymore).

I am not sure if the series "Roadies" is still on there, but we are music geeks and loved it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 04:53 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The show "The Affair" from Showtime was suggested to me. It is now on Amazon Prime (I do not have Showtime anymore).

I am not sure if the series "Roadies" is still on there, but we are music geeks and loved it.
Highly recommend The Affair. It’s told Rashomon-style with each episode showing events from one character’s POV and then from another character’s POV. For instance, when the male lead remembers one meeting with his lover, she is dressed provocatively. When she remembers the same meeting, her clothing is the same color, the same items, but looks very ordinary. There are similar fascinating details of conversations which each character remembers a little differently, parts of conversations which one character deems very important while the other character remembers just a general conversational babble, etc. Incredible performances by Dominic West, Ruth Wilson and especially Maura Tierny as the betrayed wife. OK I have just decided to revisit the whole series 😄
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 05:14 PM  
sherry7899

Diane, does "The Affair" pick up the pace after the first two episodes? The episodes seem very slow . Thanks!

Old 06-02-21, 06:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Highly recommend The Affair. It’s told Rashomon-style with each episode showing events from one character’s POV and then from another character’s POV.
i love Rashomon style. is there a lot of nudity? also, if you have Amazon Prime, what does it cost to rent that series?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 06:30 PM  
sherry7899

Jeanine, Amazon Prime now has The Affair for free. I am not very far into the series, but yes to nudity.

Old 06-02-21, 06:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Jeanine, Amazon Prime now has The Affair for free. I am not very far into the series, but yes to nudity.
got it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 05:34 AM  
Carol K

I just saw a trailer for season 4 of Unforgotten on PBS.
Old 06-03-21, 06:58 AM  
hocuspocus

The Affair. I think that's Showtime.
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows, off topic