Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-21, 09:04 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm on GoodReads too. Keeping a list of books I finished helped me realize that my tastes had shifted. I'd struggled to finish things I thought I liked, but after a while I figured out that I just wanted lighter character based stories. Sci-fi if I can get it.

I do the challenge but don't stress about it. I read about 50 books a year, but mostly because I always read at bedtime. A little bit every night really adds up.
Old 01-03-21, 10:59 AM  
star117

Wasn't Tony Horton close with him too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post

Tom Petty A Rock and Roll Life - biography; I've always loved his music and have a new respect for him in how he stood up to record companies
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 11:46 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post

I do the challenge but don't stress about it. I read about 50 books a year, but mostly because I always read at bedtime. A little bit every night really adds up.
It sure does! I rarely make time to read, but I read while I'm brushing/flossing my teeth, putting on lotion after a shower or on my hands before bed, doing planks, etc. I also read a page or two (or three) before bed. I end up reading a lot that way!
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 12:03 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
Wasn't Tony Horton close with him too?
Could be, I don't know. He wasn't mentioned in the book.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 11:00 AM  
BunnyHop

The library branch I usually visit is closed for a while due to Covid concerns, so I'm back to reading my own stuff for a while.

Jane Eyre on audiobook, and Lois McMaster Bujold's The Curse of Chalion for bedtime reading.

I'm learning not to let myself lie down during the day. I inevitably doze off, so if I'm listening to an audio book I've gotta be either walking, doing chores or sitting upright while I craft.
Old 01-08-21, 07:59 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
On the Kindle, I'm reading:

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day by Milly Johnson
Blown Away by Sharon Sala
Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines
I Wish It Could be Christmas Every Day was really good, more substantial than it seemed like it would be at the beginning.

Blown Away is a good mystery, too. It's not your typical mystery and it's a "light" mystery, which is nice right now.

I'm reading two library books - Miramar Bay by Davis Bunn and Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy. They are both pretty good to okay, but I have no motivation to read them. Instead, I'm mostly reading my Kindle books. Guess that's a hint....

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 08:18 PM  
sherry7899

Unhappy

Laura, I think Nights of Rain and Stars was one of my least favorite Maeve Binchy books. I do not even remember the plot.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 09:22 PM  
Carol K

Well, my library system finally ordered another copy of Bella Poldark, since the person who checked out their only copy is apparently never going to return it. I am first on the list to get it, or rather, the only person on the list.
Old 01-08-21, 09:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Speaking of Maeve Binchy, I just re-read her final novel, A Week in Winter. It was a perfect book to start the new year!

I just finished The Book of Joy (Dalai Lama/Desmond Tutu) and have started When Buddhism Meets Neuroscience. Today I also started Handbook for Homicide, from the Booktown Mystery series.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:32 AM  
Cher

I’m on Goodreads too. I use it to keep track of what I read and what I want to read. (Like Erica, will never live long enough to read everything on my TBR list ). I also enjoy seeing what my friends are reading. I did the challenge but I it takes an average of 3 weeks to read a book. Last year my reading challenge goal was 20 and I read 23 so set my goal this year for 22.

Currently read Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore. So far it’s keeping my interest but is a bit different with the time jumping between years thing.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, winter reading