Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch

Old 08-26-20, 07:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

TJ Maxx..fitness items in stock!

I forgot to mention that I went recently to my area TJ Maxx and it had resistance bands, hip bands, both fabric and latex, massage tools, gloves, yoga blocks, mats and foam rollers.

All were reasonably priced. The rest of the store, including active clothing, was kinda slim pickings but fitness gadgets was full of goodies.

It was like the good ol' days

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:19 PM  
Pam

Thanks Linda!
Old 08-29-20, 08:22 PM  
Pam

Stopped by a TJ Maxx yesterday. They did have a large selection of arm & leg weights, elastic bands, waist packs, water bottles and a lot of misc stuff!

I got a set of gliding disk for $5. One side for smooth floor, other for carpet. Will try them out tomorrow. My old ones were impossible to take on & off fast, so usually had to pause the workout to do so.
Old 08-30-20, 12:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Good choice, Pam!

I picked up a fabric pink hip band that was inexpensive, soft and very light resistance. It was pretty

Initially my justification was maybe one day I might have to rehab with a light band.

However, I did double it inside another band and it actually was quite nice to have that on my skin rather than my other band . Between that and the metric pads, my resistance bands will never be uncomfortable again!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 03:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

at two of the TJ Maxx stores nearby, they had an abundance of the following:

Kettebells, up to 15#, $14.99
dumbbell sets, one that has 2, 7.5# DBs for $14.99
another dumbbell set that has 2, 10# DBs at $19.99
medicine ball (called a "Slam ball") 15# for $16.99

lots of hip/booty circular bands, jump ropes, smaller kettlebells, massage rollers, yoga wheels, yoga blocks, and yoga mats. the smallest 2-DB set i saw was a 2, 3# set - didn't write the price down, though.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 05:01 PM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Just wondering...

Does the slam ball have the two handles that core balls do?
Old 03-25-21, 02:32 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrigid View Post
Does the slam ball have the two handles that core balls do?
no handles. this link is an "off" brand, but it looks almost exactly like the TKO one i saw, except it has TKO's logo and it's all black, and i think the TKO one is 15#.

STRP slam ball on Amazon

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-25-21, 07:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks, I'll see if my TJM has a higher resistance hip band than my current one.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 02:01 PM  
BunnyHop

Thanks for mentioning this, I picked up a set of three pound dumbbells today. They'd been on my radar, but I hadn't taken the plunge, and these were just right.
Old 05-15-21, 09:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
at two of the TJ Maxx stores nearby, they had an abundance of the following:

Kettebells, up to 15#, $14.99
dumbbell sets, one that has 2, 7.5# DBs for $14.99
another dumbbell set that has 2, 10# DBs at $19.99
medicine ball (called a "Slam ball") 15# for $16.99

lots of hip/booty circular bands, jump ropes, smaller kettlebells, massage rollers, yoga wheels, yoga blocks, and yoga mats. the smallest 2-DB set i saw was a 2, 3# set - didn't write the price down, though.
just wanted to re-post what i saw - it seems they have double the amount of what they had when i first posted. they've even added a separate table with fitness items in the main aisle in addition to a tall display of fitness items in the middle of the women's clothing department. The men's department still has fitness items too.

Tags
bargain, resistance bands, tjmaxx, yoga blocks, yoga mats