Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-20, 08:12 PM  
rhbrand

I really need to get back into it.

I'm thinking of getting out my Classic Firms and just alternating them with spinning on the Peloton and get walking in outside once the wind calms down from tornado strong its been lately.
Old 04-29-20, 11:26 PM  
Sand

I had been planning on starting barre back up, but haven't done it. I'm also wanting to get back into Zumba. We are supposed to hit 100 on Friday. I actually prefer to workout in late afternoon because that's when my energy level hits it's peak but with it being so hot out, I'll have to start early or workout late.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 06:53 AM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Wow, is it almost May, already? Thanks for the reminder of the beginning of a new month. I do need to sit down and think about this. Yesterday was a bad day for me (I have my ups and downs these days ), but I seem to be in a better mood today. I have been walking outside almost every day for the past few weeks, but otherwise nothing regular. But, no better time than the present to start something new, right?

I will continue to get outside most days, just to be doing something outside of the house, but I really want to start a regular yoga routine and do strength training at least twice a week (or working upper body/lower body/core at least twice a week each). I don't have specifics, yet, but maybe get back to you later.

Donna
Old 04-30-20, 07:03 AM  
Rhonda

I do need to get back into more yoga/stretching. Why is it this is the one thing that I say I will do later and never do. I definitely can tell when I don't do it.

My plan is to basically continue what I am doing, heavy bag work 1-2 days a week, I am starting to get into the Peloton Bootcamps so probably 2 days a week on those, Kickboxing once a week. Weekends I do what I feel like, lately it has been pulling out a cardio DVD that I haven't done in a while and like last week pulled one out and decided it goes to the get rid of pile.

Still walking and getting in my 10,000+ steps a day.

So something like this: workouts are around 45ish minutes
M - heavy bag
T - peloton bootcamp
W - kickbox/heavy bag
Th - peloton bootcamp
F - kickbox
Weekends - whatever I feel like.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 07:26 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I'd like to get outside more. Just waiting for spring to arrive....
I just want to clarify this to mean get outside more, without hats and gloves I do my main workout in the morning, then try to take a walk in the afternoon (or even after dinner, now that the days are longer). Hopefully soon I'll be able to get out for a nice morning bike ride.

In the meantime, I want to enjoy the continuity I've been working on this winter.
Old 04-30-20, 08:13 AM  
bubbles76

I'm planning on getting through all my XTFMax/Xtrainfit sets. All (but one set) are virgins, and I own most of the sets. Currently on Ript90Fit. It's boring, but I'm only four days in . Then I plan to follow up with Body Beast. Maybe Cathe after that.

Kristie, do you have an example of your rotation where you are alternating strength, cardio, and metabolic workouts?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

I have been pretty much doing "whatever" ever since the pandemic lock downs started. Generally, I follow this format - from Jessica Valent Pilates:

Sunday - Active Rest
Monday - Steady State Cardio
Tuesday - Arms & More
Wed - HIIT
Thurs - Active Rest
Friday - Legs & More
Sat - Steady State Cardio

I don't exclusively use Jessica V's workouts, though. I also mix in some other instructors for Pilates/strength like Ellen, Jessica Smith, Blessful Body, and Trifecta Pilates. My cardio has been "walking" workouts, outdoor walks, and Jenny Ford's step.

Since I have been working from home I've been walking outside almost every day - except when the weather is bad - and if I can get away from my desk mid-day I do a "spark" - maybe some Lucy Wyndham Read or something else that is short and energizing.

Sometimes I veer off that schedule, but that has generally been my schedule.

I have thought about following something more formal - like Jessica Smith's Strong & Calm or Kathy Smith's Project You, but right now, I just don't feel like it....

What I really need to work on in May is nutrition.....but that is nothing new!

Vintage VFer - curious - what is your rotation???

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 09:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Oh I want to know more about your chart, Pat!! I have a spreadsheet every month for my overall goals and I do have lines for workouts but I'd love to hear how you set yours up!

I started Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement as well but haven't kept up with it since mid-month. I will finish it and also restart bc like it so much.

I don't know what my May plans are. Running, yoga and DVDs, I guess. No set plan. I haven't worked out since we lost my mom but I am really missing it and need to get back to it. I never changed my outside habits when I was home, still ran and took long dog walks, but here it is too hot to be out from like 8 AM to 9 PM.
Vantreesta here's a copy of my May chart.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 09:54 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Vantreesta here's a copy of my May chart.
Thank you, Pat! That's great!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 11:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thank you, Pat! That's great!
Awesome, hope it helps!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
$1 per workout, rotation, rotation idea, rotation ideas, rotations