Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-20, 10:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

Which FIRM workouts are in your 'never purge' pile?

I have several Firms that I adore for different reasons (which include the original Volumes 1-4,6). But I am seeing several titles that I don't feel any attachment.

So....tell me Firm titles you have purged and have regretted.
Or.... tell me titles you would never let them pry from your fingers!

Help me not to regret my declutter urge.

FYI: I only use DVDs to exercise and love variety. Also, I am talking about ALL Firms because my potential purge pile seems to span different time periods.

Thanks

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 10:54 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Just going from memory here (they’re all downstairs), but I would never purge:

Jiggle Free Arms
Super Body Sculpt
Supercharged Sculpting
Body Sculpt Blaster
Total Sculpt Plus Abs
Total Muscle Shaping
Cardio Sculpt/Body Sculpt (also Ab Sculpt, which I never do)
Complete Aerobics and Weight Training
Aerobic Body Shaping

I have lots more that I don’t do - The Classics, Power Sculpt, Tough Tape, the kettlebell one, Ballroom Aerobics, Cardio Step Mix, some others and a whole box full that I need to get rid of.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 05:43 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I go back and forth with my Firms, but since I really don't have that many and have the space for them I am keeping them. If I unloaded them I know I would regret it. Nowadays I shorten them up by using the good chaptering so maybe they will get more use now.

Firm Strength
Firm Cardio
Tough Tape 2
Tough Cardio Mix
Cardio Step Mix
Super Cardio Mix
Express Cardio
Cardio Sculpt Blaster

I don't use my two pinks that much either, Hi Def Sculpt and Total Body Toner and thought about getting rid of these as well but I am going to hang onto, they are nice for easier days.

I have though gotten rid of many Firm workouts over the years thinking I would regret it but I really haven't, Total Body Shaping Mix is really the only one that I sort of wish I would have kept. But honestly it was too long anyway.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 06:48 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've saved pretty much all of my Firms - can't help it - but got rid of the Pinks and anything that came after.

I'd *never* purge Vols 1, 2, 4 and 6, the BSS1 set and all the 45min Firms inbetween. But I've obviously held onto a lot more, for nostalgia sake.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 07:00 AM  
Carol K

I've never purged any FIRMs. I do have 6 Parts workouts and 1 Basic that I did not replace with DVDs and since I do not have a working VCR hooked up, I don't do them. Everything else, from 1986 to 2004, I replaced on DVD and I do them all. After that time I purchased everything except most of the Gaiam retail kits that were packaged with equipment (I only have 5 of those) and I still do all of them. I have 106 FIRM DVDs that are in rotation.
Old 02-27-20, 08:06 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Super Cardio Mix
Cardio Step Mix - even though I don't do it often anymore
Total Body Shaping Mix
Core Cardio 2

I have several others, don't do them often but can't seem to make the decision to purge them either.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 08:18 AM  
hocuspocus

I'll never get rid of Fat Blaster! Or Maximum Cardio Burn with Allie!
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 09:45 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I've never purged any FIRMs. I do have 6 Parts workouts and 1 Basic that I did not replace with DVDs and since I do not have a working VCR hooked up, I don't do them. Everything else, from 1986 to 2004, I replaced on DVD and I do them all. After that time I purchased everything except most of the Gaiam retail kits that were packaged with equipment (I only have 5 of those) and I still do all of them. I have 106 FIRM DVDs that are in rotation.
Carol- Like you I keep most of my FIRM workouts, but I don't have nearly as many as you! I might not like workouts initially ( I'm looking at you BSS3), but come back to them later and really enjoy them. There are a few I got rid of, but those were because the kickboxing form was so bad I couldn't take it (pink firms)!

But I have to say I would never ever get rid of Tough Cardio Mix!
Old 02-27-20, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Ok you guys are already making me pull stuff out of my purge pile since I know they will be too hard to find if I regret it...

Keep any other suggestions coming....thanks!!

(It's not a question of space, just wouldn't mind passing along to another VFer who would actually use them.)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 10:56 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Tough Tape, even though I haven't done it in a few months. I never warmed up to the Tortoise or Hare workouts, but Tough Tape is great.

Tags
firm, firm favorites, firm super sculpting, the firm