Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-17, 11:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

???

I'm thinking of subscribing to BBOD. I can't figure out how the Free Trial works. I've seen 30 days, 14 days and 7 days. Does it depend on whether you use the app or not?

How does one get the 30 Day free trial?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 05:59 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

It's located here, https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...zhz5tsd3shz711 BOD has been freezing on my laptop since they updated the site so I may cancel.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 01:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
It's located here, https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...zhz5tsd3shz711 BOD has been freezing on my laptop since they updated the site so I may cancel.~Beth
Thanks!

I have the BBOD app, but haven't signed up yet. They just had a big update that made downloading the workouts supposedly better.

(I haven't tried it yet, so that remains to be seen.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-05-17, 01:30 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Thanks!

I have the BBOD app, but haven't signed up yet. They just had a big update that made downloading the workouts supposedly better.

(I haven't tried it yet, so that remains to be seen.)
I didn't even know you could download with BBOD! Can you download any workout, or just some?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 01:51 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I didn't even know you could download with BBOD! Can you download any workout, or just some?
With the $99 yearly "All Access" you can download most of the BB workouts. There are some exceptions where the video quality makes them poor downloads:"Due to low resolution, the below programs are not available through the app but are available to stream on BeachbodyOnDemand.com:Ho' Ala ke Kino, Power 90, Great Body Guaranteed, Kathy Smith's, Project: You Type 2, Power Half Hour, Total Body Solution, Yoga Booty Ballet & Turbo Jam"

"Membership
Available Content: 21 Day Fix, CIZE, PiYo, COUNTRY HEAT, CORE DE FORCE, 22 Minute Hard Corps, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Focus T25, The Master's Hammer and Chisel, Body Beast, P90, P90X, P90X2, P90X3, TurboFire, Brazil Butt Lift (including Master Series), Ten Minute Trainer, INSANITY, INSANITY: The Asylum (Volumes 1 & 2), INSANITY MAX: 30, Tony One-on-One (Volumes 1-3), Hip Hop Abs, Tai Cheng, Rev Abs, Rockin' Body, Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, Total Body Solution, Yoga Booty Ballet, Ho' Ala ke Kino, Power Half Hour, Great Body Guaranteed, Get on the Ball, Power 90 and Project You, ChaLEAN Extreme, and ChaLEAN Extreme Deluxe. Also included is the NEW 3 Week Yoga Retreat, FIXATE , Cooking Show, Beachbody Yoga Studio, Team Beachbody exclusive workouts (see below) and all upcoming and new content.

Team Beachbody Exclusives Workouts (Network Exclusives): 21 Day Fix (Plyo Fix), 21 Day Fix Extreme (The Fix Challenge), 22 Minute Hard Corps (Battle Buddy), Body Beast (Lucky 7), Brazil Butt Lift (Leandro's Secret Weapon), CIZE (Hold Your Own), Core De Force (MMA Mashup), Country Heat (Dance Mashup), The Master's Hammer and Chisel (The Master's Cardio), Insanity (Fast & Furious), Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 (Pure Contact), Insanity Max:30 (Sweat Fest), PiYo (Hard Core on the Floor), Focus T25 (Core Speed), Tai Cheng (Body Alignment For Better Living), TurboFire (Greatest HIITs), TurboFire (Ab Igniter)."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beac...031660123?mt=8

Check out the most recent update info at the bottom of the page.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-05-17, 03:55 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
On the iPad BOD app, you can download 7 workouts onto your iPad for 14 days. It works reasonably well. You can choose the resolution you want (based on how much storage you have).

It doesn't look like you can do it onto your computer - which makes sense. They're not trying to give you long term access to the workouts, just a temporary measure if you get somewhere and you don't have internet access.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 04:07 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfreund View Post
On the iPad BOD app, you can download 7 workouts onto your iPad for 14 days. It works reasonably well. You can choose the resolution you want (based on how much storage you have).

It doesn't look like you can do it onto your computer - which makes sense. They're not trying to give you long term access to the workouts, just a temporary measure if you get somewhere and you don't have internet access.

Gwynn
I didn't realize this. How awesome -- this will come in handy for some upcoming trips.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 04:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfreund View Post

Gwynn
Gwynn, the BOD download policy has changed with the new update:

"New and improved Offline Feature!
* New Design - Your downloads are now organized by program and workout group.
* No Download Limits - You can now save as many workouts as your device's storage will allow (minimum of 1GB needed).
* No Time Limits on Saved Downloads - Workouts will stay in your download library as long as you're a paid member.
* New Offline Experience - Launching the app in Airplane mode automatically takes you to your downloads. Other app features are now much better at telling you they aren't available.
* 30 Days of Offline Use - You can now launch and use the app in Airplane mode for up to 30 days.
* Improved Download Experience - New icons communicate a download's status much better. Cancelling downloads while in-progress is also much more friendly.
* Better Messaging & Alerts - We've replaced the unfriendly orange bar alerts with designs that are more approachable and actionable. No more hunting in Settings before needing to start a download."

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-05-17, 05:45 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Gwynn, the BOD download policy has changed with the new update:

"New and improved Offline Feature!
* New Design - Your downloads are now organized by program and workout group.
* No Download Limits - You can now save as many workouts as your device's storage will allow (minimum of 1GB needed).
* No Time Limits on Saved Downloads - Workouts will stay in your download library as long as you're a paid member.
* New Offline Experience - Launching the app in Airplane mode automatically takes you to your downloads. Other app features are now much better at telling you they aren't available.
* 30 Days of Offline Use - You can now launch and use the app in Airplane mode for up to 30 days.
* Improved Download Experience - New icons communicate a download's status much better. Cancelling downloads while in-progress is also much more friendly.
* Better Messaging & Alerts - We've replaced the unfriendly orange bar alerts with designs that are more approachable and actionable. No more hunting in Settings before needing to start a download."[/I]

Well, well - even better! I had just checked my iPad to see how many workouts you could download but didn't see that the update was available.

Thanks - the update is downloading now!
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-17, 08:42 AM  
laurajhawk

Interesting! Thanks for the info.
I've had some trouble with streaming via my AppleTV - only with a few programs, like Yoga 30for30. Someone upthread mentioned having the same problem. My workaround has been to download to my Macbook - I don't have an iPad and don't want a zillion workouts on my phone or kindle.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, beachbody on demand, bod streaming, streaming quality