Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-16, 01:08 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Me too! My DVDs are organized on my shelves by workout type (pure strength/weights, lower body, circuits/AWT, kickbox, cardio, yoga, etc.) and I have a whole shelf of "systems" which include the Cathe sets like ICE, Low Impact Series and XTrain. I tend to ignore or forget what's in the systems except when I pull one out to do a rotation, then I'm all, "oh yeah, there's that great low impact cardio....and the circuit one....and the upper-body weight premix....". If I had the shelf space and the patience, I'd buy a million single DVD cases and split up my systems.
Totally with you. So many systems I have, and then I can't remember what the individual workouts are or even if I like them. I really need to start going through those.......

Cathe pre-order equals no brainer.....especially at 10 bucks per dvd!
Old 08-02-16, 01:13 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm ordering and I think I'm going to order the cycle one. I've got a folding recumbent bike so I just modify but I'm a soaking mess afterwards. I don't use the bike that often but it's nice once in a while. I looked for my Pedal Power dvd today but I think I traded it I've got Cathe's other 2 and did CycleMax today.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 02:35 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
me too! My dvds are organized on my shelves by workout type (pure strength/weights, lower body, circuits/awt, kickbox, cardio, yoga, etc.) and i have a whole shelf of "systems" which include the cathe sets like ice, low impact series and xtrain. I tend to ignore or forget what's in the systems except when i pull one out to do a rotation, then i'm all, "oh yeah, there's that great low impact cardio....and the circuit one....and the upper-body weight premix....". If i had the shelf space and the patience, i'd buy a million single dvd cases and split up my systems.
exactly!
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 02:52 PM  
shoegoddess

My DVDs are organized by instructor on DVD rack and by system (Beachbody together, Cathe together on book shelf.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 02:56 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I'm ordering and I think I'm going to order the cycle one. I've got a folding recumbent bike so I just modify but I'm a soaking mess afterwards. I don't use the bike that often but it's nice once in a while. I looked for my Pedal Power dvd today but I think I traded it I've got Cathe's other 2 and did CycleMax today.
I have a recumbent bike too Cindy and the thought of trying one of Cathe's cycle workouts on it just never entered my mind. I have Cathe OnDemand so I may need to check out a workout on my bike. Thanks for the idea.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 03:32 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I will preorder these dvd's. They sound interesting to me, plus, I like the fact that Cathe is still making dvd's. So many other instructors are going to streaming & downloads, & that's just not my thing. I think the $50 price is good, too.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 03:58 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I am only semi-interested. Since she has a few of these on Live I really don't need them on DVD.
Not to enable you or anything, but the workouts she's released on Live that have the same titles as older DVD workouts (Cardio Core Circuit, Drill Max, and Legs & Glutes for example) are significantly different than their namesakes...

I mean, you're right--you don't NEED them on DVD--but they will be at least somewhat different--and maybe significantly so.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 04:25 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I will preorder these dvd's. They sound interesting to me, plus, I like the fact that Cathe is still making dvd's. So many other instructors are going to streaming & downloads, & that's just not my thing. I think the $50 price is good, too.
I absolutely agree!! Love Cathe! At least she gives us options...DVD, downloads, live classes. Perfect!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 06:28 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
Not to enable you or anything, but the workouts she's released on Live that have the same titles as older DVD workouts (Cardio Core Circuit, Drill Max, and Legs & Glutes for example) are significantly different than their namesakes...

I mean, you're right--you don't NEED them on DVD--but they will be at least somewhat different--and maybe significantly so.
I was thinking this and will have to think about it when they are available. Is it worth getting them all even though I know I won't do at least two of them or wait for individual DVDs.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 07:51 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I was thinking this and will have to think about it when they are available. Is it worth getting them all even though I know I won't do at least two of them or wait for individual DVDs.
My thoughts too!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, peripheral heart action, strong and sweaty