Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-16, 02:25 PM  
bubbles76

Yea! I actually just ordered ICE during Mary's sale. I won't get to it for awhile, but I'm very encouraged as everyone seems to like it very much. I can't wait to do an ICE/Xtrain rotation myself, so I look forward to hearing your results.

As for STS, I completed a three month rotation. But I did NOT do all those pushups nor did I use a pullup bar. I look forward to the day when I can and just do what I can. And I usually stopped at the 50 minute mark, no matter what the rotation said lol! Oh, and no microloading or one rep max. Still got stronger Maybe one day I'll do the rotation "properly" but in the meantime I am happy with what I got out of it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 02:37 PM  
RubyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yea! I actually just ordered ICE during Mary's sale. I won't get to it for awhile, but I'm very encouraged as everyone seems to like it very much. I can't wait to do an ICE/Xtrain rotation myself, so I look forward to hearing your results.

As for STS, I completed a three month rotation. But I did NOT do all those pushups nor did I use a pullup bar. I look forward to the day when I can and just do what I can. And I usually stopped at the 50 minute mark, no matter what the rotation said lol! Oh, and no microloading or one rep max. Still got stronger Maybe one day I'll do the rotation "properly" but in the meantime I am happy with what I got out of it.
Yeah I'm also happy with STS because i. I have it; it will always be there for if/when I feel like it; and ii. I got a lot out of the six weeks I did do, and actually used random DVDs a lot.

I made a lot of my own mixes on the workout blender of the bonus/floorwork from STS 3, 6, 9 and 12 and that was a lot of fun.

STS is great but I needed to be in a particular frame of mind; mainly to be bothered to get all the equipment out. I even got a heavy weighted vest for the few times I tried STS 3 but I began to dread even picking the thing up, never mind putting it on.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 09:19 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Why not an Xtrain/ICE rotation? I believe the ICE guide has it.
I did this rotation for a month and it was really fun. I was going to do STS after doing a recovery week and got side tracked with a Cathe rotation and now kettlebells. Re-doing STS is on my radar too....but those workouts are long and I'm not a huge fan of that. Once I commit to it, I'll do it....I may have to just shorten some of them here and there. I have some love for ICE and xTrain that I just don't have for STS. Maybe try the XTrain/ICE rotation and then follow up with STS meso 2 or 3?
Old 04-05-16, 12:05 AM  
RubyBlue

Thanks, yes, I think I'll do that...I might follow up with STS3 as I'm curious as to what the results might be.

Glad you liked the rotation!
Old 04-05-16, 09:58 PM  
Chomper

Been meaning to ask if you are a Roisin Murphy fan, because of your screen name?
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 11:45 PM  
RubyBlue

Yes I am! And Moloko. Good spot.
Old 04-07-16, 10:53 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
Yes I am! And Moloko. Good spot.
She is awesome! . Whenever I see your name it puts that song in my head.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 11:07 AM  
RubyBlue

She's fantastic.

Tags
cathe, ice series, sts, xtrain