Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-15, 09:29 PM  
Tugger31

I don't even seen the LM Body Pump workouts on Beach Body's site anymore. Can the Pump Revolution and Pump Extreme workouts be sold separately?? My favorite workout YEARS ago was I believe simply called Body Pump and it was only on VHS. I have yet to find something that compares to its energy!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 09:55 PM  
at120

Beachbody and LM have let their licensing agreement lapse -- as a result, BB is no longer producing more Pump or Combat sets.

You can buy Les Mills Bodypump DVDs on eBay. Pricy but well worth the cost. Clips of the workouts (called "sizzlers") can be found on Youtube.

Here's the one for the Bodypump 93 DVD class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljD7RHTE28

Here's the Bodypump 90 one (one of my favorites):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqjJMEhXBA

Other options include buying the Group Power instructor DVDs from BTS/Mossa or the Ripped series from Power Music:

http://www.powermusic.com/choreograp...up-rx/rip.html
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 11:17 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
For me of those listed in order from "easiest" as in the one I can do with a decent weight without having to pause to curse Cathe to hardest would be...

1. STS Total Body (more strength)
2. Muscle Max (more strength but some endurance too)
3. High Reps (more endurance but heavier weights than she uses in her other high rep workout Power Hour. This workout leaves me with the most DOMS of the 3)
Oh that's soso interesting...I would have listed them in the exact opposite order. There all tough, but STS TB moves so fast with heavy weight that it is a DOMS-inducing sweat fest for me. Of course, I love it.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 04:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane P, I agree that the LMP workouts are just plain fun! Love the music and the instructors! But, previewing Cathe's I liked what I saw as well, I think it'll add a nice variety to the mix!

Tugger31, I hope you can find them for cheap somewhere, they were all fun, but I liked them the most because they were an hour long and more throughout. Thanks for mentioning the other Cathe's workouts, I previewed them and I really like the look of Muscle Endurance, I like that she uses an 8lb hard med. ball, I have one I barely use it (I use my squishy 6lb ball the most -for cardio-), I also like the look of those leg presses!

At120, those sizzlers look great!!

Trixoo, that's what I was thinking while previewing, let's see how I feel when I actually get to try them

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 06:16 PM  
Tugger31

I think you'll really like Muscle Endurance and if you're getting the dvd it comes with Bootcamp which is also good. I love Cathe's evil little laugh during the bicep section of ME.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 12:14 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'd also put in a plug for Cathe's Power Hour. It's a great high rep workout. The problem is that it comes on a dvd with two other workouts. You can't buy it on its own unless you go with an old vhs copy.
Old 06-25-15, 12:27 PM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I'd also put in a plug for Cathe's Power Hour. It's a great high rep workout. The problem is that it comes on a dvd with two other workouts. You can't buy it on its own unless you go with an old vhs copy.
But it's only $23. So even if you only do Power Hour, that's how much you pay for one workout from certain other instructors. And it'd be even cheaper if you wait for the Daily Deal.
Old 06-25-15, 02:56 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have the dvd, but I actually had an old vhs copy that I was able to sell on Amazon a few weeks back because someone wanted only that workout.

Tags
cathe friedrich, high rep, high reps, muscle max, sts total body