Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-28-14, 11:52 AM  
MARIKA

Ita

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
If you can acquire High & Tight and Bum Bum, I think those are the "meat and potatos" of this set
Really started the Big change in my lower half! Plus I also Agree that the focus is not on the quads so they don't build up. Plus he says gyms in Brazil have ankle weights everywhere thats why the have good butts. He said he was shocked that we dont' do that here in America.
Old 06-28-14, 11:52 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
I got great results from just doing BumBum. I think it's a fantastic, *tough* cardio workout, and it's also a non-stop squat-fest and lunge-a-rama. I personally hated High & Tight and am not sure I ever made it through the whole workout (my disc was damaged, not increasing my love for it )... but while I was doing BumBum, I was also doing barre. The two complemented each other nicely.
I've been thinking about adding barre back in. Could you tell me how you rotated the two? Did you add in extra cardio? I do cardio/yoga workout and really want to keep that in my schedule
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 01:35 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Really started the Big change in my lower half! Plus I also Agree that the focus is not on the quads so they don't build up. Plus he says gyms in Brazil have ankle weights everywhere thats why the have good butts. He said he was shocked that we dont' do that here in America.
I really enjoyed the work with the ankle weights in this set. I found that if I used 2.5 lb weights the workout dragged on - if I used 5# weights, I was challenged and the time flew by!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 02:52 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
So what do you all think makes this system to effective? Is it everything together or is one or two of the workouts that really stands out. Just wondering if adding the floor work would help or if I should try the entire system. Really struggling with lower half. Have been trying a few different things, but nothing is moving. At least my abs look great! HAHAHA
I really think you should try the whole rotation. Bum Bum and High & Tight are real gems, but I think some of the effectiveness comes from the rotations themselves. I followed the Classic combo exactly as found on the Fitness Focus web site. The only real change I made is that I subbed in other 30 min cardio for Cardio Axe, since I don't like dancey workouts.

The beauty of the Classic rotation is that, while you are certainly burning fat, there is enough resistance and weight training that really helps you build up lean muscle mass. For example, a couple of times, the Classic rotation has you doing Sculpt 3 times in one week. Couple this with a healthy diet, and you could see some really impressive results. YMMV, though.

After I finished the rotation, I still sprinkle in the workouts, just for maintenance.

Leandro said in a web clip I saw that a gym is not a gym in Brazil without ankle weights.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 03:42 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I did the four-week 'flat butt' rotation and loved it. I agree with Emily that Bum Bum and High & Tight are the standouts in the series, but I also really enjoyed Sculpt, and Tummy Tuck is a nice change from other abs (balanced mix of traditional abs and planks/core). The only one I subbed for was Cardio Axe, because I'm a slow learner and Leandro's cueing wasn't good enough for a non-dancer like me to feel much except frustration. I did other 30-ish-minute cardio instead, especially since CA came up only twice in the four weeks for us flat butts.

I'd pick a BBL rotation as written and try it for two weeks. If you feel like you haven't worked out enough, you could add in something else, but it was during weeks 3 and 4 that my rotation had two BBL workouts on some days so there was no need to add on. Also, one of the beauties of the BBL rotation was that it wasn't killer. I felt stimulated, sweaty and exhilarated instead of wiped out at the end of each workout. If I'd tacked on a second or third workout (on two-BBL days) to the rotation, I think the dread factor would have reared its ugly head.
Old 06-28-14, 05:31 PM  
flamingoo

O.k what do you guys think about using HIIT as the cardio sub. Too much?
Old 06-28-14, 06:19 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
O.k what do you guys think about using HIIT as the cardio sub. Too much?
I used Cathe's Hiit workouts (e.g. 40/20 or Low Impact Hiit) and Shaun T T25 Cardio frequently during my BBL rotation in place of Cardio Axe and it worked. I didn't find it to be too much. They were perfect because they were 25-29 min long, which matched Cardio Axe's 30 minute time limit. Sometimes I used a couple of blocks of Michelle Dozois' Cardio Interval Burn or Remix. Two blocks + warmup and cooldown got you to about 30 min.
Old 06-29-14, 06:58 AM  
flamingoo

Thank you LoveVa! Can I bug you guys for one more question? Just trying to determine which rotation to follow. I'm going back and forth between " too big" and " classic" I'm a pear so I have saddlebags, but also a long droopy butt I also hold most of my fat in the back of my legs/thighs/butt area. Which should I go for?Thanks again!
Old 06-29-14, 09:30 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Thank you LoveVa! Can I bug you guys for one more question? Just trying to determine which rotation to follow. I'm going back and forth between " too big" and " classic" I'm a pear so I have saddlebags, but also a long droopy butt I also hold most of my fat in the back of my legs/thighs/butt area. Which should I go for?Thanks again!
Take a look at the Fitness Focus web site and see if you look anything like Bethany. She has a couple of Before and After pictures. She did the Classic rotation and got great results.

http://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-bu...final-thoughts

She also has a post where she answers the most commonly-asked questions about BBL.

http://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-bu...tions-answered

In general, she tends to recommend the Classic rotation for just about everyone as she thinks it has the best combination of cardio and resistance training. That said you can always do the Too Big rotation one month and then do the Classic rotation the next month. I just did the Classic rotations two months in a row. In the second month I did Rio Extreme in place of Sculpt a few times just for a change.

One note about the rotations. I followed the Classic rotation as listed on her site. I bought my BBL set in January of this year and they changed all the rotations. In my opinion, they "look" less effective and less intense because they took out a lot of the days where you do two workouts. I liked the look of the old Classic rotation and did that one.
Old 06-29-14, 10:10 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Take a look at the Fitness Focus web site and see if you look anything like Bethany. She has a couple of Before and After pictures. She did the Classic rotation and got great results.

http://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-bu...final-thoughts

She also has a post where she answers the most commonly-asked questions about BBL.

http://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-bu...tions-answered

In general, she tends to recommend the Classic rotation for just about everyone as she thinks it has the best combination of cardio and resistance training. That said you can always do the Too Big rotation one month and then do the Classic rotation the next month. I just did the Classic rotations two months in a row. In the second month I did Rio Extreme in place of Sculpt a few times just for a change.

One note about the rotations. I followed the Classic rotation as listed on her site. I bought my BBL set in January of this year and they changed all the rotations. In my opinion, they "look" less effective and less intense because they took out a lot of the days where you do two workouts. I liked the look of the old Classic rotation and did that one.
Thank you. I think I'll follow the classic. Do you by chance know if there is 7 day slim down workout schedule posted anywhere. I don't have it with my set.

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, high and tight