Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-14, 05:13 PM  
juberann

Weight plates for the PUMP barbell??

I now have my first EVER barbell since I bought Les Mills PUMP package. Yeah, I know I probably paid too much for it but I absolutely LOVE it so I don't really care
I checked out buying extra plates through Mary and the set of 2.5 pounders are only $9.95 but shipping is more then that. I want to add on but know nothing about barbells. Anyone have this Barbell and can you buy plates for it at a Sporting Goods store? I don't want heavy weights, it came with 2- 10 plates and 2- 5 pound plates so I am wanting a couple of lighter sets for later on.
By the way, PUMP is probably the best purchase I have ever made
Old 02-27-14, 05:22 PM  
SueT

Judy, you can definitely buy plates for the Les Mills Pump bar in a sporting goods store. As a matter of fact, the plates that came with my bar from Beachbody don't fit, so I use my plates from another bar I have.

I hope this helps.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 05:31 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

The Les Mills bar uses plates that have a center hole one inch diameter opening. Just make sure that any plates you do buy are not for an Olympic bar which has 2 inch diameter center hole.

BTW, I thought the clamps that came with the barbell were pretty bad. I bought Lock Jaw clamps at Amazon and love them!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 11:16 AM  
Cuddlebug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post

BTW, I thought the clamps that came with the barbell were pretty bad. I bought Lock Jaw clamps at Amazon and love them!

I'm assuming that you bought the Lock Jaw clamps for the standard size instead of the Olympic size barbell? I've been eyeing the standard size clamps for my new barbell (hate how long it takes to put on the spinning style clamps). Are the Lock Jaw clamps really stiff to open and close? I'm afraid it's going to be hard on my fingers and I wanted to be sure before I spend 20 bucks on two little pieces of plastic!

Juberann- I don't know if you're in the U.S. or not but you can buy 2.5 pound standard size weight plates at Walmart for a few dollars each.
Cuddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 12:07 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Cuddlebug - I did buy the standard Lock Jaw clamps. No, they weren't stiff at all when I first got them. They make using my barbell so much more enjoyable.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 01:38 AM  
Cuddlebug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Cuddlebug - I did buy the standard Lock Jaw clamps. No, they weren't stiff at all when I first got them. They make using my barbell so much more enjoyable.
Thanks! I'm going to trot on over to the Amazon website and purchase them A.S.A.P. I'm seriously starting to hate the spinning clamps. They just take too long to get on and off.
Cuddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote