Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-13, 09:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
I've just finished a month of Leandro's BBL and couldn't be happier with his workouts and their results.
Did you do BBL only? I'm wondering about what kind of rotation you followed and what kind of results you saw.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 06:51 PM  
northernlight

Zumzum, I have some Tonique DVDs. I had them on my trade list, but I think I'll try Tonique Mat. I like Sylwia and I agree that she seems very authentic -- like Leandro. I thought, though, that her workouts were way too difficult. Now, after doing Leandro for a month I think I might just be able to attempt a Tonique vid -- I feel that much stronger.

Beth, my results were as follows: I have a lot more lower body strength. (I never thought I would enjoy that many squats and lunges so much!). I lost 3/4 of an inch on my hips and a smidge more than an inch on each thigh. I have also been losing weight -- slowly -- but I think that is due mostly to diet and cardio. My caboose also looks a lot better in trousers and 'nekkid'! My legs look a lot better as well. And there is definitely less jello-ity. About lift -- how to tell? If someone knows of a way to measure this, please share. My nether-cheeks are rounder, I think.

I'd like to thank Marika and LeanneM for recommending these workouts in a previous thread.
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 07:06 PM  
northernlight

Sorry, Beth, you asked about rotations. Along with BBL I've been doing cardio three times a week -- Christi Taylor's hi-lo, Amy Dixon's Breathless and Chantal Pierrat's Soul Sweat. (BBL's Cardio Axe is okay, but I prefer longer cardio or HIITs)

I've been doing BBL Sculpt lower body work, but all my upper body work is either Cory's GHAS or Cathe's Upper Body Pyramids, along with TA Mat arms. It'a great combo for me. My arms have never, ever looked better.

And I don't use Leandro's Tummy Tuck workout, although it looks great. It's just that I only work the transverse abs.

This is probably way more than you wanted to know.
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 12:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

No, actually it's not more than I wanted to know! But I did want to know about how many times per week you are doing BBL. I only have the Bum Bum disc, Sculpt, and High & Tight, so I'm particularly interested in how you use those workouts. Thanks!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 12:57 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I really like Leandro, too. He is upbeat, charming and he can cue! I did a BBL rotation a few years ago. It didn't do much for my flat butt, but really trimmed my waistline. (Hmmm, why am I not doing BBL right now...?)
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 01:32 PM  
Fidget Queen

I was just about to post a thread in the Exchange that I have some strong trader's remorse about letting go of BBL. I started TA and figured I didn't need it anymore, but I love the workouts!

Ok, off to see if there's any way I can get them back.... :
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 01:33 PM  
PrairieGem

How funny--I had the opposite results! It actually did *a lot* for my flat butt... to the point that my hip measurement is now 1" larger than it was a year ago. Sigh. Hoping to trim off some of the stuff in front this time around...

I know according to the system/ads, "Cardio Axe" is pitched as the BBL aerobic component (and consequently criticized for being too easy)--but IMO, "Bum Bum" is the cardio standout of the set. It is a 30-minute, non-stop, well-choreographed squat-a-thon and lunge-fest where you are constantly changing levels/planes. You know a workout is tough when the REST periods are plyometric.

So, Northernlight, are you *just* doing "Sculpt?" along with the other cardio/weights you mentioned? Or are you doing more of the BBLs in rotation? My "High & Tight" disc is damaged, and I wasn't motivated enough to send it back to Beachbody for a replacement, but now I'm thinking I may have to dig it out again...
PrairieGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 03:14 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
Beth, my results were as follows: I have a lot more lower body strength. (I never thought I would enjoy that many squats and lunges so much!). I lost 3/4 of an inch on my hips and a smidge more than an inch on each thigh. I have also been losing weight -- slowly -- but I think that is due mostly to diet and cardio. My caboose also looks a lot better in trousers and 'nekkid'! My legs look a lot better as well. And there is definitely less jello-ity. About lift -- how to tell? If someone knows of a way to measure this, please share. My nether-cheeks are rounder, I think.
Other than the pencil test? Well, here are some measurements I use to take. I use to measure from the pit of my knee up my hamstring to crease under the bum cheek. Obviously I am not going to grow longer legs, so if when that measurement increases it is because my bum either shrank or moved a bit higher north. I also measured from the crease to the top of one buttock--following the curve. I am not sure how useful that second measurement was, but the first--if the knee to crease measurement increases but the fullest point of the bum is the same--it is because of "lifting". If the hip measurement is also smaller, it could be from size loss of size loss + lifting. I only did one four week rotation of BBL and my knee to crease did get a longer but I didn't lose any inches from my hips. The inch loss I saw those weeks was actually from my waist. I do think my bum looked higher and rounder though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 03:19 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
How funny--I had the opposite results! It actually did *a lot* for my flat butt... to the point that my hip measurement is now 1" larger than it was a year ago. Sigh. Hoping to trim off some of the stuff in front this time around...

I know according to the system/ads, "Cardio Axe" is pitched as the BBL aerobic component (and consequently criticized for being too easy)--but IMO, "Bum Bum" is the cardio standout of the set. It is a 30-minute, non-stop, well-choreographed squat-a-thon and lunge-fest where you are constantly changing levels/planes. You know a workout is tough when the REST periods are plyometric.

So, Northernlight, are you *just* doing "Sculpt?" along with the other cardio/weights you mentioned? Or are you doing more of the BBLs in rotation? My "High & Tight" disc is damaged, and I wasn't motivated enough to send it back to Beachbody for a replacement, but now I'm thinking I may have to dig it out again...
I think the core of this program is High and Tight and Bum Bum. Cardio Axe is just mild cardio, well it may have other benefits, but it's main function is low impact milder cardio. When I did BBL the rotation I followed called for either Cardio AXE or Bum Bum every day. I often subbed Cardio Axe for other dance cardio to keep from getting bored. I actually never did Sculpt as I was doing a different full body strength program then--that is the one BBL workout I have not yet tried. I really should try it sometime. Tummytuck is a decent core workout but can be subbed for others. I also found Bum Bum to be a more intense cardio workout than Cardio Axe, but you might not want plyos everyday and Axe is low impact. But High and Tight is one of the key workouts in this set.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 03:22 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

What about BBL Master Series, does anyone like these? I have the original and love it so I was wondering about this set as well.

Great results BTW Northernlight, that is fantastic!

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro