Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-11, 01:55 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

If you're used to traditional barre work (and lots of it), then I can see why you might think you're losing something when switching to TA. TA is not very quad-intensive and traditional barre definitely is. Personally, I think a happy medium between quad-intensive and TA might be nice -- this is why I think many people like their results combining TA with kettlebells, traditional barre, and Tonique. On the other hand, some people get plenty of quad work in the dance cardio. I think it has a lot to do with individual posture and which muscles you rely on more when doing dance.

For the person who sees Meta as just extra ab exercises, I can sort of see why in the sense that I think TA is a unique and creative off-shoot of pilates. Almost everyone who does Meta and reports to have had good results loses inches in the waist and feels more toned and flattened in the abs. The other body parts (upper and lower) probably take more concentration to achieve. In other words, even if you're going through the motions (more or less), you will work your core in the ab exercises and to balance you in all-4 work. You need to really focus on the cross-vectors and muscle sensations in order to get the most out of the lower and upper body work.

ETA: I also think TA's Perfect Design Series levels II and III are more quad-intensive than her Meta workouts. So you could always weave these into your rotation if you want a bit more quad work but want to keep to a TA approach.
Old 09-24-11, 02:17 PM  
MARIKA

Have you got a resolution yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Marika! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. My replacement disc for 5 didn't work either....
I was told 2 weeks ago one would be shipping. I really get annoyed w/ CS like this. I even asked if they could just send a computor file of Level 5 even though 4 has some glitches.
Old 09-24-11, 03:42 PM  
Honeydew

Hm, maybe I need to add in more lower body work. Now I have to figure out if I should add in "traditional" weight training or barre. hmmmmmmm....
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 06:25 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Hm, maybe I need to add in more lower body work. Now I have to figure out if I should add in "traditional" weight training or barre. hmmmmmmm....
You can also add kb swings (db if you don't have a kb) to your TA Meta workout. That's what I do. I do 100 kb swings with every Meta workout. I do 25 swings before floor abs (after the standing abs exercises), 25 before exercising one leg, 25 before working the other leg, then 25 after working the second leg. I also do Tonique, barre, or a weight circuit workout the other days.
Old 09-25-11, 02:51 PM  
loulou

Has anyone had successful results doing just the Meta program? I mean without following her diet. I just started day 22 and my measurements are the same. I have been doing her workouts faithfully plus I always feel like I need to add to the workouts because Meta only doesn't feel like enough. So I probably add an extra hour of working out on top of Meta. I may be working out more than I was before.

I thought this system would be good because of a shoulder injury that is about 10 weeks old and the doctor told me no heavy weights for awhile. I eat quite healthy but not Tracy's eating program.

Just curious because most of the Meta users suggest adding onto the workouts and I believe her theory is to do only Meta 6 days a week with maybe adding 1/2 hour of cardio. In her last QVC appearance she was downplaying having to do follow the eating plan. Has that worked for anyone?
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 03:36 PM  
MARIKA

Loulou Stick w/ the program w/ the cardio for awhile at least. Since you are really at the start. Give it a good shot first. I'm doing my kbs & Aerobox workouts but thats just me. I'm totally confused by this program. My abs look awesome my arms are defined but my glutes seem less firm than they were. Now today i put on a pair of workout pants that I haven't worn since last yr & they are so big?? I would suggest if you have done barre in the past or more intense weight work maybe to add some additional standing barre work. I have been doing a BB bridge or pretzel segment after my TA workout. The other day it was a Cardio Mat segment.
Old 09-25-11, 07:40 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I was told 2 weeks ago one would be shipping. I really get annoyed w/ CS like this. I even asked if they could just send a computor file of Level 5 even though 4 has some glitches.
I'm on my third replacement DVD..I think I'm going to temporarily trade for it
Old 09-25-11, 08:19 PM  
MARIKA

I eagerly go to the mailbox everyday to be sad I'm starting Level 9 tonight. I want to trade for another Meta so I need the disc to do that. Ita about the kb swings, they do so much good. I do have to say my abs are SMOKIN!! Like she says on QVC, you can't stop showing them & that exactly what I do, well to my mirror and ocassionally DH I think for me adding some bridge work will help. Does she ver do any in any of her other workouts?
Old 09-25-11, 08:30 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I do have to say my abs are SMOKIN!! Like she says on QVC, you can't stop showing them & that exactly what I do, well to my mirror and ocassionally DH
The work on all fours probably has something to contribute your SMOKIN' abs, just sayin' .

I love TA's effect on my abs and arms. So I signed up for her continuity. I hope you get your replacement disc soon.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 09:15 PM  
carres1973

loulou - I don't know of anyone in our TA check-in that is following TAs diet/eating plan. The majority thing it is 1 - very time consuming and 2 - just not enough food!

I am giving serious consideration to starting, even doing a few weeks, just to get my eating back under control. I have been all over the map lately - not eating healthy, missing workouts, getting VERY stressed over home and work things - and it is definitely showing in my results!!

Most of us don't do only TA cardio either. Personally, I walk, do HiiT, do other dance workouts, etc.

My results, through Meta, were GREAT. However, with Continuity, I have really slacked and it has just been too bad since I feel like I cheated no one but myself...

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results