Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-22, 07:50 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's Core Strength and Booty Workout, which was a mat workout. It's a beautiful day so I know we will walk later.

Cynthia, I hope you get the results soon! I agree, cooking all the time can become quite tedious.

Lynn, sorry--I forgot that it was Melt that required the roller. Are you alternating workouts from each service or picking and choosing as you feel like doing?

Linda, did you get more snow?

Diana, I just looked and Vitacost does ship here too. It's about $10 shipping for up to 3.6 lbs and then they charge the 23% VAT (EU import taxes). Maybe it's worth it if I use the $20 off of $50 coupon that Vitacost just sent me.
Old 01-21-22, 02:48 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

They cancelled the storm for this weekend but it looks like Diana might get it. It's 18 degrees outside. I threw seed out for the birds since they can't find food with snow cover, took trash out, and that's enough outside time for one day.

Yesterday Meow went outside with me. When I grabbed her as she headed to the yard I did something to the spondylolisthesis in my back. Later I almost dropped a bowl of pasta I was trying to put in the fridge. Looks like the shoulder is weak again. I'll be doing PT exercises for my shoulder, the spondy, and might as well do some for the replaced hip and knee to make it a total body workout. I'm really tired rehabbing.

Lynn, Melt's half roller. Is it cut length wise, round on one side and flat on the other or is it cut in the middle to make it short? I had the long one that's flat on one side and I might've had the short one, too. I don't know if I still have any of them.

Cynthia, how are you feeling? Any results yet?

Diana, I hope you don't get an ice storm. Be safe!

Cheryl, we got a little rain but no more snow. Wednesday it was near 50 degrees before the cold front came thru. I used to order from iherb. My SO orders from Vitacost. He takes 19 supplements a day.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 05:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Just got my test result from Jan 13 -- positive. DD's was negative.

I'm waiting for a call back from my Dr as to what to do now.

No workout for me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 05:26 PM  
lynnf

Oh Cynthia, so sorry to hear that, but I was thinking with you feeling so run down that this might be the case. When you said that a really easy workout exhausted you it sounded like Covid, but I didn't want to say it. Let us know what the doctor says, but you are going to be ok, I'm sure. I suspect you will be tired for a while though. So many people are getting it, but with your booster it is going to keep you from getting really sick.

Linda, it's flat on one side and round on the other and just as long as the long roller. They sometimes use it flat side up. But so far only one workout has used it.

Cheryl, I have been doing barre 3 and MELT everyday. MELT is really not a workout, but more massage/stretch type stuff for pain relief and prevention.

Diana, hope the storm doesn't get you too bad.

today barre 3 yoga flow and continuing working with melt knee maps, as they call them.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 06:09 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cynthia, sorry to hear you're positive but like Lynn, I was thinking if an easy workout like Go wore you out you are probably infected. It's been so long since your test you might be close to normal by now. Take care and rest a lot.

Lynn, I'm sure I had or have that flat sided roller. If I find it I'll send it to you. If it's in the shed I won't find it til spring.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 10:03 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cheryl Vitacost has a location/warehouse in NC. I get shipments from them next day so that's really nice. The have warehouses throughout the US.

Linda I also hope it doesn't get bad here. It's cold and rainy now.

Cynthia I'm sorry that you tested positive. Did you hear back from your Dr?

Waving Hi to Lynn

Check-In: JS Tread & Shred

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 08:15 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,433

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-22-22, 08:36 AM  
seabliss

Today I did 45-Minute No Equipment HIIT Cardio. This was the toughest workout so far, and one I normally wouldn't choose, but I guess that's why committing to a program is good for me, because I will do it then. On the plus side of course you always feel good after sweaty cardio, and one unexpected result of the cardio I've been doing is more strength and breath control while singing.

Cynthia, I'm sorry you are positive, but I agree, it sounded like you might be. Omicron is so mild though, so hopefully you have seen the worst of it. My bronchitis a month ago was much worse than the case reports from friends and family. Some don't even realize they have it and find out because they were testing for travel.

Also realized that at this point I can count on one hand the friends and family members that have not have covid by this time. A friend who is older, very overweight, and has a liver transplant had covid last week, and he was just tired and had slight fever--no real symptoms. They kept him hospitalized for observation but he was fine and they sent him home after a few days. So glad he got this strand and not Delta.

Diana, I used to order from Vitacost too. They have some nice, inexpensive skincare products also.

Lynn, MELT sounds like a good thing. Tomorrow is a rest day and something like that sounds very soothing!

Linda, how are your back and shoulder?
Old 01-22-22, 09:26 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 warm up and 10 minute core, plus some MELT for knees.

Cynthia, hope you are doing ok and on the mend. Let us know what the dr. said.

Cheryl, impressive you did a 45 minute HIIT Cardio. I have no doubt it was really hard, but it sounds like you are doing great with the challenge.

Linda, it is so, so nice of you to offer to send the roller (if you can find it), but shipping costs are so crazy expensive right now and so far only one practice has used it. Plus I am just trying out the streaming service for 3 months to see if I really want to get so involved with Melt. I have been trying to see if I really do the Melt knee series regularly if it will help with my left knee pain, and so far I have been doing one part of the six part series every day and my knee is still hurting. The thing about Melt is that you do the various Melt maps and afterwards you definitely feel better and more aligned, but the next day when you do the body assessments you are back to square one so you never feel that there is any lasting progress. So I don't know if it has any lasting effects. So at this point, I so appreciate the offer, but please don't spend money sending another roller. I'll let you know later on if I am continuing with Melt in any serious way that I would get a second roller.

Diana, hoping your weather is still just holding up with the rain.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 10:01 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

We fared off well with the storm. No problems at all.

Check-In: 45 minute walk, JS Standing Abs

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana