Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-21, 05:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
On face book she said 24 hours for a quarterly membership in addition to the yearly. Offer good for 24 hours, at a cost of $129.
I'm so glad she did. I think that will make it more accessible.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 07:37 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I hesitated then caved on the 3 month deal. The time deadline set me over the edge. It turns out to be $43/month which is pretty steep. I haven't had a chance yet to go through the site to see how I want to use it. I am easily overwhelmed by too many choices and it looks like that may be an issue here. I will probably just start with a beginners program and take it from there. Call me greedy but I wish she offered a one week free trial so you could take a look at what is there.

I
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 04:25 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I took a look at Lauren's playground and I am sorry I joined. The site looks great- there is so much stuff on it. However every program has swings and with my back issues I am terrified of hurting myself. I had a back injury 8 years ago and gradually got back to being able to do deadlifts when the bar is set above the ground. I also do dumbbell deadlifts-single leg, RDL etc. However I think the ballistic movements (swing, snatches and even cleans) are not going to work for me. I used to do kettlebells pre-injury and I might be OK now but I REALLY do not want to hurt myself.

What I think I might do is go through her Ground Zero workshop to groove the swing pattern before I even pick up a weight. I started that yesterday and did the first half of the first session. My back did bother me a little but if I progress slowly it might work.

One of her programs Slow Strength+Metabolic Training has one section that is low, slow reps of 5-6 exercises. 4-6 rounds. Then a metabolic section that includes swings and other moves to up the heart rate. I think I might do another fast move to replace swings-maybe push presses, jumping jacks, heavy bag work etc.
This was a stupid move on my part. I got caught up in the "for a limited time" hype and got FOMO
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 08:07 AM  
Rhonda

I almost took advantage of it but decided not to. at $40/month I know I wouldn't have done it that much to justify the cost. Also Lauren and I are a hit/miss type of relationship. More miss than anything, guess it goes back to how I was treated. If I want to do something, I will pull out her DVD.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 10:27 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Also Lauren and I are a hit/miss type of relationship. More miss than anything, guess it goes back to how I was treated. If I want to do something, I will pull out her DVD.
How you were treated...?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 07:22 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
How you were treated...?
I don't want to say much as it was a few years ago but it has left me lukewarm about her.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren brooks, lauren's playground