Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-20, 11:51 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I decided to renew my membership and do the annual deal. I really like all the short workouts they've added! I'm excited. I often added the 10 minute weight focused workouts onto my Essentrics workouts. I like 30 minutes, too. Should be fun.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 03:56 PM  
sillygirl

As the OP of this thread, I thought I'd give an update... I also caved on the deal... at 11:54 PM the night it was ending. The FOMO was too hard to resist. I pulled out all the Barre3 merch I had purchased years ago which didn't help - 2 B3 Core Balls, 2 tank tops, 2 glass carafes, a glass mason jar w/ straw, a stainless steel water bottle, a plastic tumbler, zip pouch, tote bag, DVDs, pins, book... some of their branded items are just too cute! I also had a $7.25 credit sitting in my account since 2017 that could only be used on a subscription.

I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying the newer style workouts. I guess I like the more athletic approach and have been wanting to lift weights heavier than 3 pounds.

Cheers to the excellent deal they offered!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 01:24 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

So if one wanted to try out one of these workouts, would you suggest just going to YouTube and doing a search for one?

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 01:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri1222 View Post
So if one wanted to try out one of these workouts, would you suggest just going to YouTube and doing a search for one?
I believe there are lots on YouTube. There was a free one on the Barre3 streaming web page that’s quite good, should still be there.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 03:30 PM  
prettyinpink

I think more of the better ones are on streaming, but there are some free on YouTube. There is one Massachusetts studio that has three on there.

They used to have a bunch of others up on Vimeo, but it looks like they have been taken down.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 02:54 PM  
prettyinpink

I think the 45 minute ones are my favorite. They seem the most consistently challenging.

I like the 60 minute ones less. Maybe it’s because they are mostly the live ones now, and seem easier. More stretch breaks, and more often have the sitting and breathing at the end for ten minutes, so I don’t really get more movement for the time addition. Barre3 isn’t really the best for breath work and stretching.
And by skipping it, I avoid more of the phrasing. “Thank yourself”, “embrace your being”, “be thankful for your gratitude”.

Has anyone else found this?

Any favorites among the newer instructors? I have only tried a couple.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming