Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-18, 12:00 PM  
Taiga

Buti Foundations DVD?

Anybody try this? I saw it mentioned in a recent thread. A slower version of Buti would be great to help bridge restarting my other Buti dvds. I often don't reach for them because if I'm away from them for anytime, I have to modify a bunch to ease back.

However, I looked at the clips for Foundation and they didn't look entirely basic/beginner. Would love to hear opinions on these!
Old 04-30-18, 07:49 PM  
Maybelle

I have the set and have only done each once because I also did a one month Tone subscription and have been focusing on those. So, these are just initial thoughts. If you have specific questions, let me know and I’ll do my best.

It’s five 32-35 minute workouts and all have a bit of everything. The music is mostly instrumental and similar if not the same for each. I’d say they’re “basic/beginner” in that they can be used as an intro to Buti and move a little more slowly with some movements explained in more detail (relative to the online Tones.) But they’re by no means beginner in a traditional sense. There’s plenty of quick transitions and advanced yoga poses without much modification. The idea seems to be to do what you can, keep trying and learn as you go vs. detailed principles and progressive workouts.

I’m flexible with a lot of yoga experience so the challenging poses weren’t an issue for me. But since I’m new to Buti, I wish some of the spiraling, core and hip movements were held longer. I’d just start to feel like I was getting it and we’d move on to something else. Repeating the workouts should help with that. Overall I’m glad I got them and the length is great, especially if I want to do a bit of weight work or take a walk first. Hope that helps!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-18, 09:20 PM  
Taiga

That pretty much confirms what I think I'm seeing in the clips. Thank you for such a detailed answer------much appreciated and it does help
Old 05-01-18, 09:06 AM  
aliskina

Buti Yoga Technique Series are suitable for beginner and progressive. It also free for 7 days

https://www.yogiapproved.com/classes...oga-technique/
aliskina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buti