Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-15, 11:57 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Toby Massenburg: Afterburn

Lately I have been re-discovering workouts that were released a few years ago due to the enabling power of the blog 2 Lazy 4 the Gym. She and I have similar tastes in workouts so when I saw her reviews on Toby Massenburg's workouts it made me want to do them! I actually had Max 30 and Chiseled at one time then traded them away. I never did have Afterburn, though.

In any case, I now have all of Toby's workouts after reading 2 Lazy 4 the Gym.

Afterburn was an awesome workout! I enjoyed it so much. I loved almost every move. There really wasn't anything too tricky as far as my knees and ankles. No weird moves or fancy choreography for the sake of being "creative". Just straight up awesome intervals. It would be nice to have premixes of just the cardio portions, just the weights or eliminating the core sections for shorter options. However, I am able to make these on my own now. (Anyone who is curious about how I can do this can pm me)

If you have this in your collection and haven't done it (or it's been a long time) I definitely recommend pulling it out and trying it!

ETA: Here's the workout: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Sea...burg+afterburn
and here's the review at 2 Lazy 4 the Gym: http://2lazy4gym.com/2014/05/12/toby...rgs-afterburn/
Old 10-10-15, 08:03 PM  
kristiep

I love all of Toby Massenburg's workouts. Afterburn is terrific, although my fave is Chiseled -- it really gets my lower body and the core workout is simple and effective. Toby also has a fantastic personality, too. It's fun working out with him!

I sent him an email awhile back asking if he had plans for more DVDs. (I prefer DVDs over streaming.) He kindly responded, saying he was not sure because of how streaming has changed the workout DVD market.

I do hope he puts more out there because his workouts are great.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 09:03 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I love all of Toby Massenburg's workouts. Afterburn is terrific, although my fave is Chiseled -- it really gets my lower body and the core workout is simple and effective. Toby also has a fantastic personality, too. It's fun working out with him!

I sent him an email awhile back asking if he had plans for more DVDs. (I prefer DVDs over streaming.) He kindly responded, saying he was not sure because of how streaming has changed the workout DVD market.

I do hope he puts more out there because his workouts are great.
This makes me so sad. Dang streaming. I really think this is why we aren't seeing new releases from a lot of my favorites, including Ilaria and others.
Old 10-11-15, 09:10 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post

I really like Chiseled too although I have not done it in a while. I am going to do Chiseled today and then Max 30 later in the week.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 04:44 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
This makes me so sad. Dang streaming. I really think this is why we aren't seeing new releases from a lot of my favorites, including Ilaria and others.
Yes, I have mixed feelings about streaming. While it's introduced me to some new instructors whom I really like (e.g. Sarah Kusch), it's driving good instructors out of the market. I much prefer DVDs because the content feels more polished and organized, like the instructor has really thought through the program.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 05:45 PM  
T2B

I have Chiseled & Max 30 and I don't think I've done either one. Boo...too many workouts. Afterburn is on my to buy list. It sounds like my type of workout.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-15, 05:04 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Bought it because of this thread..

Thanks so much for the recommendation! Bought it and loved it!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 09:38 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
Thanks so much for the recommendation! Bought it and loved it!
Yay! I'm so glad you loved it!

I contacted Toby through Twitter this week just to let him know I would love it if he made another dvd and he said this:

Quote:
I'm not sure I will say that I've got the itch to do another ��
Promising!
Old 10-18-15, 09:46 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Toby, if you are not going to do dvds, please do downloads!! I really don't like relying on web access. And at least with the download you also own the content forever. Pretty Please!!
Old 12-10-15, 09:17 PM  
isebelleg44

Bump

I purchased this from Mary's sale and did it the other day. It is the most challenging workout I've done since recovering from the flu and it felt great. Not crazy killer, doable and fun! I love Toby and only have Ignite. Maybe I should check out his other workouts!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sara kusch, sarah kusch, toby massenburg