Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-21, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

O/T: What are you currently binge-watching?

I just finished up watching Feud: Bette and Joan. I've watched this before and it is terrific. If you love Old Hollywood you will enjoy this. It shows how Hollywood (like the rest of society) just tosses away the older woman.

Susan Sarandon (Bette Davis) and Jessica Lange (Joan Crawford) are completely mesmerizing in their roles. Also, Alfred Molina. I didn't think Catherine Zeta-Jones was that great as Olivia DeHavilland.

Have you binge-watched anything lately?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 11:25 AM  
alisoncooks

Vintage VFer - where are you watching that? I Alfred Molina.

I'm currently re-watching Call the Midwife. I don't even know how many times I've watched the series, lol. Too many.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 11:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Vintage VFer - where are you watching that? I Alfred Molina.

I'm currently re-watching Call the Midwife. I don't even know how many times I've watched the series, lol. Too many.
Feud is on Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Pilot/dp/B06W...1701269&sr=8-1

There are only 8 episodes.

Oh, that reminds me. The late Olivia DeHavilland hated the way she was portrayed in the series and tried to sue for defamation (or something like that.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-22-21, 12:07 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Alta, Feud looks great, but it's $2.99/episode or $17.99 for all 8 episodes. Yikes!

I'm already topped out paying for Prime and Netflix and the occasional month of BritBox or Acorn or even MLB, LOL.
Old 05-22-21, 12:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
Alta, Feud looks great, but it's $2.99/episode or $17.99 for all 8 episodes. Yikes!

I'm already topped out paying for Prime and Netflix and the occasional month of BritBox or Acorn or even MLB, LOL.
I hear you. I actually bought the season because I knew I'd watch it again. It isn't available on any kind of disc.

I don't have any fitness subscriptions, or Netflix, but I do have Prime with Shudder as an add-on. There's a Joe Bob Briggs' The Last Drive-In binge-watch in the very near future!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-22-21, 12:23 PM  
lizh

I highly recommend Ted Lasso on Apple TV. It takes an episode or 2 to get into it, but I loved it. I also just rewatched The Morning Show also on Apple TV. Fantastic!
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 11:26 AM  
Leonana

My daughter and I are watching Schitt's Creek. She has watched it previously, but I'm late to the party. We enjoy it a lot.
Old 05-23-21, 09:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
My daughter and I are watching Schitt's Creek. She has watched it previously, but I'm late to the party. We enjoy it a lot.
I'm cycling through this for the third or maybe fourth time! I love it! I usually watch a couple of episodes before bed. I like something light and humorous before bedtime.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 09:35 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Since May the 4th we started re-watching ALL NINE of the Star Wars (originals, prequels, sequels and stand alone) movies.

Now we've discovered "the Mandolorian" series and it's so good! We rented (streamed?) the Disney+ movie channel for a month at $8, just so we could see this series (two seasons so far!) And, the added bonus is watching any of the Disney movies, as well! The Mandolorian theme song is fabulous as is the artwork that they show during the credits! It's rated higher than most (if not all) of the Star Wars movies! It's like a futuristic Western set in space!

Some of the Star Wars movies were stinkers. The originals were some of the better ones, as well as the two movies introducing Rey and a young Han Solo.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 12:14 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I'm cycling through this for the third or maybe fourth time! I love it! I usually watch a couple of episodes before bed. I like something light and humorous before bedtime.
Me too, it always cheers me up. It's a nice time of connection with my daughter, who is 20 and so busy with work, school and friends. She will be moving out soon, boo hoo. But she doesn't want me watching it without her. I told her, well, you will have to visit often, lol.

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows, off topic