Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-22, 09:45 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Barefoot & On the Mat: June 2022 Everyone Welcome!

“June is the gateway to summer”
~Jean Hersey~

If you are lurking, please pop in and say hello! We are fun, friendly, diverse group. We are especially fond of barefoot workouts….Pilates, yoga, barre, CS/Essentrics, Qi Gong, dance. Some of us even like to do our cardio and strength workouts sans shoes. There are no rules here, everyone is welcome! Roll out your mat, slip off your shoes, & join us.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 09:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning and welcome to June!
I didn’t see a thread so thought I’d start us off. I’m so excited that summer is almost here!

Cyana - I hope your handyman gets back to you by Friday. We were just without steps for a few days here as DH has been building a deck addition which also required new new front steps.

Pat - I hope that pile of work isn’t too high!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 06-01-22, 10:11 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, thanks for reminding us to move over to June - hard to believe it's June 1st already!

Be back later...

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 10:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Raising the Bar (all of the Upper Body work plus calves, outer thigh, inner thigh and quads)

I will be going for a neighborhood walk with my grandson this morning. He begs me every morning to take him for a walk outside. The weather has been gorgeous here.

Pam, thank you so much for starting our June thread!!
You were fortunate to be close to your grandmother. My maternal grandmother died before I was born so I never met her. I only saw my paternal grandma just a few times and I don't think she cared about me.

Beth, that sea otter CAM is fun to watch!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 10:52 AM  
YogaGal

Haven’t checked in lately as we are busy getting things taken care of around our house and getting things moved up to Payson for the summer. I thought that yesterday was the last trip to take up a load before our “final” move up on Thursday, but now I think we may need 1 more trip to get everything we need up there.

My lower back pain has almost gone away, but yesterday I started feeling sore muscles in my mid back, either from a workout or more likely, packing and moving things. Between my back issues and being so busy with the move, I decided to hold off on my new Jessica workouts until we get settled in. I just feel too distracted to try out new workouts. I haven’t even tried anything from the Stretch + Relax dvd because I’ve spent my yoga time doing tried & true back-focused practices from Joelle and Kassandra. I did this one last night before going to bed: Yoga for the UPPER BACK - Strength & Stretch // Day #7 and this one this morning: 10 min Morning Yoga For Your BACK – Day #27.

Hope to catch up in a few days. Happy June to all!
Old 06-01-22, 12:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for starting us Pam!

Beth - I'm buying the Van Gogh tickets - did you attend with basic timed entry tickets or the premium flex tickets where you can enter two hours early? I'm wondering if it's worth it to enter two hours early. Thanks for any feedback!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 12:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you for starting us Pam!

Beth - I'm buying the Van Gogh tickets - did you attend with basic timed entry tickets or the premium flex tickets where you can enter two hours early? I'm wondering if it's worth it to enter two hours early. Thanks for any feedback!
Pat, the Van Gogh yoga included entry to the exhibit, and it was all before anyone else arrived. My friend who went to the yoga with me had been to the exhibit already, and said that it was much better going as part of the yoga because it was so much less crowded. So, if you can afford to pay to go early, it might be worth it!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-01-22, 01:27 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Yogapam, thanks for starting us off this month!

I have an unexpected day off today since our branch had to close for a plumbing problem. I could have chosen to work at another branch today but decided to take PTO. Just going to kick back! I will, however, get in a workout this afternoon as I've slacked off the last couple of days.

Be back later!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 02:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back with my workouts….
~Taught Essentrics
~Strength circuit day 2
~Beth’s Yoga for Resilience - Very nice Beth! I loved the alternating forward bends and back bends, it felt very balanced.

Sandra - Enjoy your extra day off!

Carolyn - Glad your back is on the mend and hope the rest of the move goes smoothly.

Paine - Enjoy your walk!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 06-01-22, 02:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, glad the practice worked for you! I did something similar in my Tuesday evening class last week (after students were upset due to hearing about the recent shooting), so that's what gave me the idea.

It's nice to be off work - I went to yoga class at the studio this morning, a nice gentle hatha class. Tomorrow DH & I go to Boston for my niece's high school graduation on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing my family, but the weather is so dicey - Friday's high is only 66, with rain forecast all day.

Follow me @YogiBethC