Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-05-22, 08:17 PM  
SandyO

Great job on the race, buff.

Mine are 17" by 3.2" and 14.5" by 3.2" according to the packaging. I would say that's the length lying flat not a diameter measure, but the 14.5" one is the medium tension and the 17" light. They are definitely wider than my latex ones, but the medium tension felt pretty tough trying it for bridges. I was doubling up the two highest tension latex loops, so I think the medium fabric will be perfect for hip thrusts.

I haven't named any KBs only cars.

I stay logged in and have never had to sign in to post.
Old 06-06-22, 06:59 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Mine are 17" by 3.2" and 14.5" by 3.2" according to the packaging.
It never occurred to me that the sizes might be different. I'll take a look at mine. Thanks.
Old 06-06-22, 07:36 AM  
SandyO

Well, FUEL Series is no joke. My legs are jelly. My heart recovered pretty quickly, but my legs are asking ***? I am afraid for Thur glute day. That assumes I survive upper body tomorrow.
Old 06-07-22, 07:07 AM  
buffmama

Big pet peeve - when instructors collapse to the floor after a cardio workout. Really?! My heart is racing, I'm a sweaty mess, I need to walk it off. And the first stretch should be a forward fold? No. Just no. My suggestion - walk over to the kitchen to heat up breakfast and come back. .

Today's workout had a 1 min, 2 min and 3 min burpee challenge dividing the workout. Had I known that would I have done it? Probably this morning, but I'm glad I did.

Sandy - Can't wait to hear more about Fuel. Someone on GD said the workouts were more metabolic due to the BW inclusion and would be more like Heather Robertsons. I highly doubt that.
Old 06-07-22, 11:21 AM  
Vantreesta

I haven't worked out since Thursday, partly bc of preoccupation with the findings at my podiatrist appt I had Friday. I went in for lateral foot pain that I suspected was peroneal brevis tendonitis but since it has been going on since last summer I figured I should get it looked at. The pain has always been mild and intermittent, never stopping me from doing anything, but the duration pushed me to have it checked. I was correct in my self diagnosis of the tendonitis so that was good. X-rays showed no indication of current or past stress fracture. What they did show, however, is elevated first metatarsals. I apparently have degeneration in both big toe joints and he said that is caused by the shape and location of my metatarsals. His recommendation and dire prediction were to have surgery on both feet while I still have good bones and am young(ish) and healthy or else they will degrade to the point of arthritis and eventual fusion or replacement. Okay so he freaked me out, hit all the right alarm buttons and words so I was super super stressed all wknd worrying about this. But I checked back in my medical records and when my left toe joint was first X-rayed in 2009, there was apparently no concern with bone density or structure, which leads me to believe my lifestyle and choices caused a shift in my foot structure and it's not smthg I was born with. If that really is the case then surely PT can help me reposition things back to a normal foot. Anyway, I'm working on getting a second opinion but at this point I am thinking no surgeries. I have pretty successfully managed hip impingements and torn hip labrum for over a decade with help from PT and my chiropractor, so I feel with the right guidance I can at least try to fix this problem myself. If that doesn't work then I can consider surgery. But hate the idea of being cut into and once surgery is done there's no going back!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 02:09 PM  
SandyO

You have a good head on your shoulders, Vannie. I am glad you are getting another opinion plus investigating your past medical history gives you more to work with. Your chiro and PT may well have suggestions for you. As someone with screwed up feet (flat feet (both), bunions (both feet), crossed over toe (second over the big toe right only), plantar fasciitis (left mainly), and Morton's neuroma (right only)), I can give you hope.

2014 I had to skip From the Heart due to PF, M neuroma was bad over the summer making me consider cancelling my CO hiking vacation, 2015 trying to run Surf the Murph with Ali was painful as my second toe had crossed over the big toe by that time. Those were a bad couple of years! I got Correct Toes 2015 and wore them every day all day plus I used metatarsal pads in my shoes to help the MN pain 2014. I got the boot to wear at night for the PF 2014, so now 7-8 years later I use the boot at night at the first sign of any PF niggles, I still wear the Correct Toes but maybe 30% of the time. I haven't had the M Neu. pain in a while, but I have more pads in case that flares.

I have watched so many youtubes to get exercises to help my foot pain, and feet maintenance is a big part of my rehab. What's nice is most can be done while watching youtubes/TV/baseball games.

My feet may not be healed, but they don't hurt.

I agree surgery is permanent. Worst case you exhaust all self care options before resorting to surgery.
Old 06-07-22, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sandy. That's exactly where I am. The more I've thought about the podiatrist appt the less impressed I am with him. Pretty much every type of injury (aside from severe trauma like car accidents and stuff like that) you hear surgery is the last resort. This guy went straight to surgery. He never mentioned any other possible way to fix it, he presented orthotics as just a bandaid, no options given for fixing. I've been doing what research I can (I'm calling tmrw to get my records from them so I can see what his actual diagnosis is) and I'm feeling pretty confident that with some initial guidance from someone who knows more than I do that I can tackle this. My PT wants to see at a minimum the diagnosis as well and I'm talking to my chiro about it at my appt next week.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-08-22, 07:34 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Keep us posted. Sounds like you have it well under control.
Old 06-08-22, 08:00 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, buff. It took a few days to get off the freak out train but I'm feeling more calm now. Hopefully I hear back from my PCP today about getting a second opinion. I've never needed to do that before (or maybe I should have with my hip but in 2009 didn't know any better) so have no idea how to do it. Figured I'd start there.

By the way, nice job on the race. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

Helen, I'm glad starting your day in your gym is helping your mood! I still haven't started trying that.

Old 06-08-22, 09:35 AM  
Vantreesta

My energy level is still low (blame stress, allergens in the air, laziness, staying up too late, all of the above probably?) so yesterday all I managed to do was PT and again dozed off in the last stretch. Thankfully I anticipated it and had set an alarm so I only slept 15 minutes.

Tags
perfect flow