Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-12-22, 07:03 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, how was the wedding?

Katie, there are days I'm not hitting my water goal either. Usually I'm pretty good but some days not.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 08:43 PM  
Vantreesta

I haven't managed to workout since the podiatrist appt other than some (but not enough) PT. I think just the stress and anxiety has kept me so distracted. At least I did do some clothes purging during that time and I've been working hard on my organization project. I have my workouts all organized and put away through S, by instructor name. Once those are done I'll do the multi-instructor ones and some brands that I have a ton of and want together instead of by instructor (mostly Firm and Virtual Active). So far the oldest ones I've put away are from 1985.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-16-22, 04:11 AM  
Helen

VANNIE
Clothes purging?
I.
Just.
Can't.
Well done on getting your workoutss organised though. Best this I ever did was getting mine into folders of sleeves, numbered; then setting up the database with the numbers attached.

So, life.
Monday, did my workout, THEN drove to Sydney to pick up DD flying in from London. Flight was 4 hours late, so I didn't get home until 1:45am, instead of the somewhere before 10pm that I had planned on when I left.

So was tired on Tuesday. That evening, got a call around dinner-time that a staff member at school from my department took his own life - leaving a wife and 2-yr-old son without him.

Wednesday - school/work was a shambles as the staffer was the primary contact for advice (his major role) for the Yr 11-12 students (jnr/snr) so many were an emotional mess. Though did a 6km walk with school walkers (for those who don't like sports).

Thursday - today. More fall-out / revelations about him.

DH is still away - last weekend was his usual 2 weeks, had mentioned coming home tomorrow, but now won't be until middle of next week, so almost a month.

Have only just been able to get the required work done & walk Alice.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 08:21 PM  
Helen

Saturday
Thank goodness for my gym buddy - dragged me out of slothdom with
48min, Cathe - Intensity Series - Cardio & Weights - Cardio & Compound Mix

DH will be home Tuesday - he sounds pretty solid about the day this time.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 07:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, it is so hard for me to get rid of anything but due to certain reasons I had some shirts that are just never going to fit me again in a way that makes me feel confident and comfortable so those weren't too hard to give up. I have so many clothes though that you can't even tell I pulled so much out! I've gotten a ton of clothes from my cousin over the past years so it has really added up.

Old 06-20-22, 09:09 PM  
MathTeacher

The wedding was really nice. I know I am biased, but she was the happiest bride I have ever seen. I took over 11,000 steps that day. Most of them were in rhinestone heels.

I am going to have my procedure on July 13. That seems so far away.
Old 06-20-22, 09:41 PM  
Leonana

MT, I'm glad the wedding went well. I'm sure she was the prettiest and happiest bride!

I can relate, it is so hard to wait for medical help. I hope you aren't too uncomfortable during the wait.
Old 06-24-22, 10:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, ladies! We drove out to Colorado last Friday. We went to their Renaissance Festival on Saturday and Sunday, hiked on Monday, went to Denver (super psyched to see Coors Field!) and then up Pikes Peak on Tuesday, and drove home on Wednesday. Yesterday was a lazy day, watched the Twins day game and then dozed off after it was over. I was so happy to pick Cyric up from the kennel yesterday morning. I missed him so much!

Today I did my PT and a new calf warmup with Caroline Jordan then ran a mile, then a piriformis practice with Helen Clare and the post-run premix from Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions. The premixes on that DVD are definitely not seamless! This was my first real workout day (other than the hikes Monday) since the podiatrist told me the 3rd that I need surgery on both feet. I'm researching other options but it's been very hard to find motivation with that weighing in me. Felt good to get it done today. I even ran while it was 88 and real feel was like 92! I don't know how this winter girl isn't melting on hot summer runs!

MT, so glad the wedding went well! July 13 does seem far off. Hoping things won't be too bad during the wait.

Old 06-25-22, 11:03 AM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, what a wonderful day with the wedding! The rhinestone heels and all those steps...oh my gosh! You are tough! I'm still sorting out my bunion situation and although improved, even sneakers are still a rough on things at times.

Vannie, your trip sounds great! I'll bet CO is very nice this time of year!

Not much to report here....getting walks in and other exercises as well. Spending a lot of time gardening working in the greenhouse.

Hope for all of us is that these medical things that require attention/resolve will get what they need.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 10:02 AM  
Vantreesta

Oops! Forgot to start the July thread!

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=233003