Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-26-22, 05:05 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

Easy day workout wise. I did an early morning ride while DH ran. We then treated ourselves to iced lattes from Dunkin’.

Today’s Workout:
12.13 mile ride in Saratoga Park

Summer Breeze: I’m looking forward to hearing what your doctor says on your next ankle visit. I’m right there with you about the state of our country. It’s disheartening but we need to take that and use it as fuel for the fight.

Pat: I hear you but when the sh*t hits the fan, I then become very involved. Usually I don’t want to watch the news but now these issues are a call to action. Thankfully I have friends with daughters that are young women and they really inspire me. I was only 18 when I experienced contraceptive failure and thankfully I was one of the lucky ones. Easy decision? Hell no. Lots of tears, lots of “what if's?” but it was the right decision for me. My life would have taken on a totally different trajectory and I’m thankful I had options. Sadly, that boyfriend turned into an alcoholic, dropped out of college, never finished. It’s funny, I never spoke about this to anyone for almost 50 years yet I now want other women to know they are not alone. Sigh….. Kassandra’s book on Kindle – yes! It has a clickable link with a password for all of the audio and video recordings.

Donna: I love Jenny!!!! She’s always sunny and bright, her workouts aren’t insanely complicated and I always get a great cardio workout.

That’s about all for today. Made our Sunday pizza – garlic crust with more garlic, sauce and mozzarella. My half of the pizza has very, very light cheese and DH’s is loaded. What are you gonna do!

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was set to Jessica's 48 Min Strength Routine this morning (Kicking off Week #5 of the rotation) but I swapped at the last minute and did:

Trifecta Pilates - Strong 6 Workout - I was curious to try this weight routine by Beth - I subscribed to her site for $7 for this month - so figured I may give it a try while I have access. It was interesting - no Pilates at all although the first part done on the floor did have a light Pilates feel w/ a focus on stabilization and bridge work. Other than that, it was fairly straightforward weight work - the "6" is that was the variation on the counting - sometimes 6 reps, sometimes 12, sometimes 3, etc. The only critique I have is that I felt it moved a bit too fast for good form using an appropriate weight for the number of reps. I think if she moved just a tiny bit slower it would have been better. I could have dropped weights - but then I felt like it would not be enough for the number of reps.

It is interesting to see that Beth is branching out some w/ some traditional weight training routines. She always did use a variety of props to vary her Pilates workouts.

I also squeezed in a short stretch this morning - I think it was her "morning Stretches" practice.

Diane - ugh - there are so many reasons why this was such a wrong decision - not the least of which is how this disproportionally impacts poor women - people with means will always find a way to get what they need - but people without will struggle - and it may mean they risk their lives or they end up having more children that they can't afford to support and that will end up in poverty and repeating the cycle. I can go on about the rest of it....but.....I guess this isn't the place for it. I think it is very short sighted on the part of the Republicans to be celebrating this - it is not going to help their cause in the mid-term elections at all- since they have probably lost a significant number of independents and moderates. Can't we just leave well enough alone - I'd better stop as I don't want to shut our thread down. bTW, thank you for sharing - I fortunately never had to make the decision, but if I had to I would have wanted options.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 10:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I got a lot of much needed outdoor and sunshine time yesterday:

Good morning everyone! My Sunday:

~ Winsor Buns & Thighs
~ My own yin spine releases
~ Walk at beach
~ After dinner walk around neighborhood
~ 8,393 steps

Donna, enjoy your Trifecta subscription. I'm not a fan of fast Pilates either. Good job with your cardio capacity!

Diane, I saw a blurb on how poverty stricken women in the delta states will suffer the most. I fear the loss of more civil liberties to come. Changing course - I will have to treat myself to Kassandra's Kindle edition soon. I have her yin book on Kindle and love it.

Happy Moan Day to Summer Breeze and anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 03:35 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

The rain stopped but it left us with humidity, despite cooler temps. Yuck!

Anyway....

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift using recumbent bike – cardio intervals with weight intervals – chest and triceps focus
  • Two segments of Body Electric Inner Thighs
  • Side jackknives and side planks
  • Stretch
  • Bike Ride: 6.95 miles – this ride kicked my butt. It was humid but on the cooler side. However, it was all on pulverized gravel, which is like sand. We drove down about an hour south to continue on the Empire State Trail. Beautiful scenery, cows right alongside the trail, white geese but buggy and stinky. I think our next bike rides will be north – Lake George and the Adirondacks.
  • Doing some kind of yoga in a little bit.

Donna: I agree 100%. I also agree I really shouldn’t be discussing politics here. I’m glad you never had to make that decision – it wasn’t easy and I think about it often.

Pat: It will affect the poorest of the poor. Rich people will always be able to buy access. I looked through Kassandra’s book – love it! I’m going to have to delve into it sooner rather than later!

Hi to Summer Breeze!!!!

Have a good day, everyone!

Diane
Old 06-28-22, 08:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning girls! I had rheumatologist in the morning, which always brings me down because I prefer to take action than dwell on my woes. In short I let myself have a nurturing day featuring Lee Holden's Qigong for Joints & Bones (LOL how appropriate) and Kassandra's Chill Out Yin. That was so nice, very gentle with long spine stretches on a bolster. Also enjoyed a read while soaking my feet in pink Himalayan sea salts and a sea salt scrub. I wonder why soaking or washing or applying nice lotion to your feet before bed makes you sleep better?

I wish Kassandra offered more bolster practices, even though I used mine regularly during her yoga. I haven't done a practice from the book yet, but may have figured out how to mirror my phone to the TV.

Diane, that's too bad about the humidity. I hope you have drier weather soon and have some comfortable outdoor time.

Everyone have a stellar day!
Old 06-28-22, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Continuing to stick with Jessica - today was Steady Walk - from the 5K DVD. It is growing on me, although I still wish for some backgrounders and/or a count down timer or mile marker!

Pat- I haven't tried any of the practices from Kassandra's book yet either - will have to get to them. She posted a long Yin practice yesterday. The foot soak sounds heavenly!

Waves - everyone -

Summer Breeze - how is it going?

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 06-28-22, 09:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Things about the same here. My temporary crown fell out as the dentist warned it would. So I'm going to schedule the root canal for next week if I can. I want to check with the orthopedist first which I will do on Friday. I'm still not very confident getting around but I'll see how it goes when I venture outside the house for the first time on Friday.

DIANE, wow that sounds like a tough bike ride. The scenery was worth it I'm sure.
Not to keep up the political talk but thank God we had options and choices as painful as they were to make. We need to do something to get those options back. I agree with PAT that more liberties are going to be lost if we continue on this course. I'll leave it there.

DONNA, great job sticking with Jessica's rotation this long.

PAT, your nurturing day sounds wonderful. It's good to see you enjoying the outdoors. We finally have a pleasant day today after all the humidity the past few days. I have doors and windows open to feel the cool breeze.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 03:57 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Weather wise, it was a glorious day! Low temps and humidity! We had a busy workout day and then I had to care for Angel, my friend’s dog. Some days she is impossible. I have no problem changing a dirty diaper or bathing her. I have that part down to a science. But, after drying time, to get another diaper on her, she fights me like her life depends on it. I end up a sweaty mess! I told my husband that my friend’s partner plans on retiring in October so then I will be done pet sitting. I charge him very, very little – I didn’t want to charge him at all but he lives 20 minutes away and gas, well, you all know about gas prices! Plus, it’s dead center in the day and really limits what we can do before or after. DH really wants to do some traveling, especially if we want to find a new place to live. Anyway….

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift – Running and Legs Day: Treadmill run, followed by
  • Step ups, walking lunges, jumping jacks, and lateral lunges
  • Pushups
  • Stretch
  • Walk in park while DH runs: 3.45 miles
  • Afternoon: Plank and scissors for lower abs
  • Yoga for Sciatica with Lesley

Pat: I hope your rheumatology appointment went well and glad you had a nurturing day! We all need it! I have never thought about soaking my feet then applying lotion before bed - it sounds so, so relaxing!!!! I've had foot massages and reflexology on my feet and it's wonderful. There has to be some kind of relaxation connection to the brain. I’m going to try it!

Donna: I have yet to start any Kassandra practices from her book – I blame the vidiot brain of mine!

Summer Breeze: Agree 100% with you on the country happenings right now. Root canal??? Yikes – my greatest fear. My dentist told me I will need another crown and I’m waiting until November when I go on Medicare and have my Advantage program, which will cover some of the cost. I so wanted to pet those cows but I know that cows are not always lovey dovey! Still, I just love seeing them close up. Sending positive energy your way for your root canal and your ankle! Hope you’re adjusting – the time will pass pretty quickly and you’ll be back to you!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Diane
Old 06-29-22, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all, not much to report here. It was just too precious a day to stay indoors for my strength slot, so I walked down to my osprey nest to take field notes for Audubon. Unfortunately I think the nest is abandoned. A parent had been spending most of the time standing on the side of the nest, which indicates the presence of growing chicks. There were no parents during my visit, not even flying overhead, and the nest looks disheveled.

Summer Breeze oh no! Like you needed a root canal now.

Donna, I like a countdown timer too. That was one of the benefits of Beach Body workouts.

Diane, great workout for you. I can see why you stay strong, so you can wrestle Angel into her bath and new diaper.

It's another wonderful day here, and I hope it is by you, too, everyone.
Old 06-29-22, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did a CS Episode - 605?? I can't recall - it was from Season 6 though!

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Flow Sculpt (this is the one that uses the single glider)
Jessica Valent - workout for a stronger back (15 min) (usual exercises!)

Pat - the weather has been incredible here too!

Summer Breeze - ugh, sorry to hear about the root canal on top of everything else.

Diane - on the politics front - between the Roe decision and the Jan 6th hearings - I'm just.....sad......and mad.....ugh. I just hope we get back on a better track - both political parties have just been an utter disappointment.

Hope everyone has a nice day (on that note).

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga