Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-28-22, 11:20 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks for starting the new thread Vannie!

I'm kind of excited for June to be over. DH had an outpatient surgery mid June and he is on light duty until mid July. He is doing very well but we will both be glad when he can get back to normal things. June has also been a very busy month for me and things are starting to slow down....I could do with some lazy summer days-just a slower pace.

I've been taking both dogs on a walk daily and they've been pretty well behaved. Our youngest, Scout, is maturing and a pretty nice guy. I've got a Jennifer Galardi Ballet Body out to do later. My youtube subscriptions haven't posted much recently.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 11:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I thought you still had three dogs? Lazy summer days sounds like a mythical thing anymore! I hope things ow down for you soon and your DH recovers quickly. Being laid up is hard for anyone, I would guess, but especially when you're an active person or your job requires a lot of physical ability.

I got an appt for the second opinion on my feet but it's not till Aug 9. That was the first available appt. I am impatient for it already bc I feel in limbo on what I should or shouldn't be doing. I'm also scheduled for a gait analysis by a pedorthist. (I need to look up what that means! )
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:53 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, we are still a three dog household. Trooper is fine for jaunts about the house but he needs constant supervision. A few times, he's given DH and I the slip and wow, can he be hard to find as we have so much foliage this year, plus he can't hear well anymore. Otherwise, he's pretty content on the couch. Definitely in his geriatric years but still happy and pain free.

Hope you get a clear answer with your 2nd opinion. Are you having trouble running as far as you are used to or other issues too? I've never heard of a pedothist either.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-28-22, 02:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, I'm glad to hear Trooper is still doing okay! It definitely adds a challenge when their hearing decreases. For D'Argo I think in some ways it was a blessing. It seemed like his anxiety decreased with his hearing. Poor guy just had a low level of anxiety pretty much all the time. Chianna was mellow all her life till she got anxious as she got older. Of course, losing D'Argo may have made that worse for her bc she was extremely bonded to him. She was never the same after he was gone. Unless she got to play in the snow. Man, I miss them so much!

Fortunately my feet have not kept me from doing anything. They're not affecting my running or walking. Well, not to a degree I notice anyway. I have overpronated on my right foot for many years so I don't know if it's bc of my toes or smthg else, but I don't on the left foot, or at least not as bad anyway, so I'm inclined to think it's not bc of my toes.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-28-22, 11:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday after my PT appt I made a quadruple batch of my pumpkin pancakes while I danced around to my new hip hop running playlist for about 3 hours. I had a blast! My Fitbit recorded my running laps at PT as an 11 minute run so I called that and the dancing my workout. Today was laundry, dishes and pulling weeds. Tonight I had grief group. I haven't done a formal workout yet today but I'm fixing to do my PT exercises. Tmrw I must run before it gets to 90!

Old 06-30-22, 10:11 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Glad the feet issues don't limit what you can do Vannie!

I had a massage yesterday for the first time since Covid closed so many of them down. The massage therapist I had been using prior to that never really got back into business after that although she was hoping to. So I tried someone I had used only one time before like 3 years ago. She has been able to bounce back and going strong from the business disruptions caused by Covid. She was really great help and I really needed it! Massage is one of those modalities that really clicks with me if I can find the right person(and I think I have). I'm going to try to get one once a month.

Had a great walk with the dogs when I got home. Can't believe it's July already!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-30-22, 08:51 PM  
MathTeacher

I met my June goals!
Old 06-30-22, 09:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
I met my June goals!
HUZZAH!! Happy dance!

I skipped tracking too many days so don't know how I would have ended up.

Old 07-01-22, 09:54 AM  
Vantreesta

Wed 6/29 165 minutes
25 minutes (from PT strength exercises)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
11 minutes (from C. Jordan Barefoot Strength and Stretch Exercises Workout for Your Feet, YT)
2 minutes (from CVG 2022 Movement Challenge day 8 -40 pike pushups)
14 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 8 Standing Barre Workout No Equipment, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from 1.11 mi run)
42 minutes (from foam roll/ball massage + PT & other stretches)
9 minutes (from peroneal tendonitis exercises)
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.04 mi) another hot one!

Thu 6/30 53 minutes
10 minutes (from wobble board drills)
43 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.85 mi)

Old 07-01-22, 10:32 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, so glad this massage therapist seems to be a good fit. It's so sad to hear about the businesses who couldn't reopen due to covid.