Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-26-22, 09:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E10 - Full Body - 23min
Leslie WR&L - 30min

My right knee started aching again and I occasionally have this sharp pain right underneath the patella. Not while I'm walking but when I go down the stairs or put a lot of pressure on that knee and I have 4 floors in my house. It's so discouraging to never know what new ache and pain I'll get up with in the morning - for no reason at all. That's why this morning I did walking workout rather than the 21 Day Lower Body Fix. I don't want to aggravate that knee any more than I have to by doing lunges and squats. Nothing puts me in a worse mood than anything that limits my ability to exercise.

My MacBook Air is 7 years old and it's beginning to show it's age by overheating and now with failing battery. It held up wonderfully and I love it, but it's time to replace it. Either today or tomorrow I'm planning to visit Apple store to see the new MacBook Pro 13 that's just been released. I'm trying to decide if I want the Pro or if I should wait for new MacBook Air that will be available for purchase next month. I'm leaning towards the new Air but I want to at least check out the Pro.

Donna, good luck with your 2nd bathroom remodel. Carol, I hope you're enjoying less stress and working shorter hours this summer.

Waves to Linda and Brenda!
Old 06-26-22, 04:07 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Weekend catch up:

Saturday -

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 3 - Vermont
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Root Chakra Yoga

Sunday -

Ellen - Barre Cardio
Jessica Smith - Core Stretch & Strength from Fusion Flow & Glow

A couple of observations - I see an improvement in my cardio capacity - doing Jenny's step today was easier than it was a few weeks ago. It is interesting b/c I don't think I'm 'focusing" on cardio right now - but I guess the strength workouts I'm doing w/ Jessica are helping?

And, I really liked the Core Stretch & Strength routine on the Flow & Glow DVD. It was just the right amount of work and restoration.

Dana - sorry about the mystery knee pain - frustrating!

Carol - good job w/ your workouts. I have fizzled on Trifecta already! Maybe this week I'll get back to it.

Waves - everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 07:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Silver & Fit - Your Favorites: Intermediate Strength with Penny 6/2/22 - 30 minutes

This was a nice strength routine, all standing, using a resistance tube. I worked up a little bit of sweat too. Filmed inside Penny's house.

Donna - I've also fallen down on the job with Trifecta Pilates. The bottom line is I don't want Pilates to my only workout - I would get bored. If money were no object, then I'd subscribe to Beth's site without a worry. But that's not the case. I wish Silver & Fit would film some short Pilates add ons.

Dana - Have fun Mac Book shopping! And I hope your knee stops hurting!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was set to Jessica's 48 Min Strength Routine this morning (Kicking off Week #5 of the rotation) but I swapped at the last minute and did:

Trifecta Pilates - Strong 6 Workout - I was curious to try this weight routine by Beth - I subscribed to her site for $7 for this month - so figured I may give it a try while I have access. It was interesting - no Pilates at all although the first part done on the floor did have a light Pilates feel w/ a focus on stabilization and bridge work. Other than that, it was fairly straightforward weight work - the "6" is that was the variation on the counting - sometimes 6 reps, sometimes 12, sometimes 3, etc. The only critique I have is that I felt it moved a bit too fast for good form using an appropriate weight for the number of reps. I think if she moved just a tiny bit slower it would have been better. I could have dropped weights - but then I felt like it would not be enough for the number of reps.

It is interesting to see that Beth is branching out some w/ some traditional weight training routines. She always did use a variety of props to vary her Pilates workouts.

I also squeezed in a short stretch this morning - I think it was her "morning Stretches" practice.

waves - everyone!!

Donna
Old 06-27-22, 06:57 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

No formal workout today but I did 2.5 mile walk in the park by the river this morning. It was in the low 70s with low humidity. Perfect day! Fortunately, my knee doesn't hurt when I walk, just when I go up and down the stairs.

On Wednesday morning I have my annual check up with my PCP and I'll definitely mention it to her. The knee and the lumbar spine have been an issue a lot lately. It's probably time to take a closer look at what's going on.

Waves to all.
Old 06-27-22, 08:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Your Favorites: Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine 6/1/22 - 30 minutes

This was an interval cardio workout - simple moves, 1 minute of working followed by 1 minute of recovery. Definitely not too taxing, but got my heart rate up.

Donna - I thought the same thing about Beth's other weights video - she's going too fast, unless you use really light weights, and I don't think that was what she intended.

Dana - Glad you had nice weather for your walk! I know what you mean about stairs and knees. Thankfully I don't have any stairs in my house...

Carol
Old 06-27-22, 10:04 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I’ve been doing lots of walking on the treadmill, stepping while watching TV, and some weights. My usual workout space is almost cleared out! I’m excited about that so I can finally try out my new Jessica stuff. I bought a set of gliders so I’m all ready.

Dana, sorry about your knee! But new tech is one of my favorite things. My next laptop will be a Mac. I use a Mac Book Pro for work that’s 7 years old and it’s still going strong. All of our personal laptops are PCs and I’m tired of them not working that well and dying very young. I treated myself this year to a mid-range Ipad with a case that included a keyboard and I love it.

Donna, good job with your workouts! I admire your consistency.

Waves to everybody!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 07:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E11 - Glutes and Hip Stretch 24min.
Lindsay Brin High Energy Pilates B - 30min
. Loved it! Upper body with towel and light weights, lower body - mostly plie pulses (I kept it shallow) abs and stretches. Workout flowed well and Lindsay kept it moving.

I have to go to the office today. Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 06-28-22, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Continuing to stick with Jessica - today was Steady Walk - from the 5K DVD. It is growing on me, although I still wish for some backgrounders and/or a count down timer or mile marker!

Dana - good luck w/ the Dr.

Brenda - Jessica's new stuff has really grown on me. I am going to finish Weeks 5 and 6 of the rotation - then I have bathroom #2 reno starting, and that may throw off my schedule. I may try to do Weeks 7 and 8 as best I can with all that happening.

Carol - yes - the workout I did needed to be slowed down a tad.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 06-29-22, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout here on Tuesday. I spent the afternoon after work waiting on a contractor...who never showed up. I'm sure he will want to come today after work when I have a haircut appointment.

Carol