Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-22, 10:17 PM  
ChelePA

Quick check in. Class day for my daughter with luncheon afterwards. Only had time for a 30 minute Peloton treadmill class. We also had a meeting this evening with our financial advisor. Hard to look at the numbers these days.

I told my sister to test for Covid again since she had such a high fever. It came back positive unfortunately. She’s had every symptom over the past few days. Just hoping she starts to feel better soon. She’s so disappointed she’s going to miss out on my daughter’s graduation. We also have a baby shower this upcoming weekend that she can’t attend. I told her we will have to celebrate another day.

Goodnight to all.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 10:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones!

cataddict, I think maybe yesterday we were posting at the same time and that's why you didn't see mine. Yes, I did Fuel #2 today and it was a strange format! It made me wonder if she tried out her workouts before filming them, the way we know Cathe most certainly does. It was somewhat awkward. I was not a fan of the six sets of tricep pushups followed by six sets of tricep dips. I think I even heard Kim groaning about that!! I think I like your idea (or the GD idea) of alternating a week of Fuel and a week of Iron. I'm going to finish out this week and then decide. I'm not sure Fuel is for me. Both yesterday and today my eating was completely out of control -- did you feel that way at all? Part of it is my mood -- I'm feeling a bit at loose ends and stressed, so I know that contributed, but I think I was genuinely more hungry, too. For some reason I don't get as hungry with the straightforward heavy weight work -- even though unlike you, cataddict, that does sometimes really spike my heart rate, too.

Kim and Vintage, both of you seem to have lovely walks lately! Nice. You are definitely not slugs, but Kim, you did make me laugh about how you needed to make it look like you were doing something for your challenge. That Fusion Flow and Glow has a great title -- sounds like a pretty fun workout. I sometimes hate gliding disc work and sometimes really like it. I'm not sure I understand the razor's edge of what makes me like or dislike it.

I'm guessing that manleym, horusosirius, and maybe even Kate might be trying Fuel. I'm very curious to know if it's making anyone else really hungry.

Nathalie, missing your "Rabbit, rabbit" for June 1. Hope you are well.

Hi Chele! Hi Linda! Hi kittybug!
Old 06-01-22, 06:11 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
H

Nathalie, missing your "Rabbit, rabbit" for June 1. Hope you are well.
Hi bee!

You're right: rabbit, rabbit for June to all!
It was the first thing I said this morning so I guess it should be a good month!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 06:27 AM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be MIA. Life is rather busy these days but I've been reading all yout posts!

bee: Turning off a camera in the middle of a interview is rather rude. Even if he needed to stand, he should at least turned it back on to say goodbye.

kate: We also had a big storm on Saturday May 21st. Lots of damage here too. We lost power for 18 hours but some people still haven't got it back yet as there's lots of work involved to get it back on.

Chele: I hope your sister gets better soon. And good for you on mowing the lawn and not having any bad after-effects. To me, it's a good sign that your healing!

Fuel #2 seemed strange to me too and not that well balanced. And for me, there's not enough variety of moves (and too many pushups for my taste!). I don't think I'll ever try it.

Gotta go to work! Have a great day everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 09:50 AM  
manleym

Bee turning off his camera during an interview is so bizarre. Doesn't sound like the kind of person to work for. Glad you found out during the interview. I'm starting Fuel mid-June when we get back from vacay. I've been finishing up some of Caroline workouts that I skipped in Epic and Endgame. Good info about workout #2. I hate tricep dips and usually do tricep pushups on my knees. Don't really like them either. Especially 6 sets. So if I do this workout, I might do overhead extensions or sub another move. Regarding being famished - I was a couple of months ago when I was doing either Epic or Endgame (can't remember). I just remember wanting to eat everything that wasn't nailed down. That seems to have tapered some but it could be because of the weather warming up or a change in length/type of workout. Stress and feeling that things are at loose ends could definitely be a trigger. I need to pay more attention to what triggers my desire to eat everything in sight when those times come.

Kim loved visualizing the fawn with his mother! How sweet and heart warming. Can't help but smile. Sorry to hear about the deer eating the flower ya'll planted. Wonder if there's anything the deer won't eat that ya'll can plant. Top Gun Maverick sounds awesome! Have you seen the new Downton Abbey movie yet? I haven't heard anything about it.

ChelePA glad you're hubby facetimed you during the wedding so you could participate virtually. Not the same as being there in person but you were "there." Yay for you for tackling cutting the grass. Glad it didn't give you trouble. I'm so sorry to hear your sister tested positive for covid and will miss your daughter's graduation and the baby shower. Ugh!

Cataddict I wish Kristen would be in the main line of sight more. I think she has a natural demeanor, like Ro. So my "line up" would be Kristen, Alisha, Allison, Ro, Deb, Janet, Ann (I think. She wears a headband alot.) Those are the ones I like to focus on. Thanks for the confirmation about BB on a bosu vs step. I can't imagine doing it on a Bosu, so you are fierce! And thanks for your reviews on Caroline's Fuel. I'm going to start mid-June so it's helpful having a heads-up, esp on the upper body workout. I love most of Caroline's workouts, but for the ones I don't, they're usually UB.

VVFer sounds like you've had some beautiful weather and great walks. I also like the conveniences of living in a city but having some country aspects of seeing nature and wildlife. Sounds like quite a few of us have that - you with the horses and other animals, Kim with her deer, Cataddict with the duck baby, me with the bobcat. Love seeing nature in action.

Nathalie hope things calm down for you soon! Glad you're still reading and posting when you can!

Kittybug, I hope you are doing well. We've missed you!

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 10:02 AM  
manleym

Workouts:

Saturday - KCM Cardio Pump Interval Pump + Travis Eliot Flexibility & Beyond Spine

Monday - Caroline Day 48 of EPIC Intense Bodyweight and Dumbbell Upper Body Workout (not a favorite) + Powerful Power Flow Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga

Tuesday - Caroline Titan Tabata Hiit Workout - Bodyweight Epic Endgame Day 10 (GREAT! Most moves low impact, but fast; 10 sec rests, 20 min work; Finisher-TOUGH! 100 hand sprawls) + Glute Ankle Weight Workout - Knee Friendly Pure Endure Day 4 (JELLO legs! burner!) + 10min. Power Yoga "Flexibility" with Travis (GREAT! Flew)

Today - CL # 315 Cardio Boxing Bootcamp (liked; good cardio; liked mix of KBox and light weights)

I have completed all of the Caroline workouts I wanted to do from her Epic and Endgame series, so now I'm all caught up and will be ready to start Fuel when we get back from vacay.

Hubby and I are leaving early tomorrow morning. We'll spend a few days in Jacksonville visiting his family, then on to Charleston for some sight-seeing and tasty meals, then to Georgia where I will smooch and hug and squeeze my grandnephew, who turned 10 months old yesterday. He has two teeth and is just starting to walk so it will be fun chasing him around. That will be my workout! We'll probably drive back on the 11th, if we get up early enough. It makes for a long day, but we like doing the drive home all in one day. If not we'll be back on the 12th.

Trying to decide if I should jump into Fuel on the 13th or do some other workouts to get my body used to moving again. Something to ponder.

I will be reading posts and hope to check in some! Hugs everyone!
Old 06-01-22, 12:01 PM  
ChelePA

Another quick check in. Hoping to catch up later.

Peloton 10 minutes core. 20 minutes Pilates. 10 minutes light weights and arms. 15 minutes yoga flow with focus on hips.
Old 06-01-22, 12:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Mickey - Yes, I've seen a few quail on the trail. I had no idea what a killdeer was. I had to look it up. "According to Texas Parks and Wildlife, the Killdeer is one of the noisiest birds in America."

Chele - I hope your sister gets better quickly! (Will this ever end?)

manleym - Have a fun trip!

Yesterday, I did Cathe's Push Pull upper body pre-mix (2 sets). An oldie, but goodie!

Yet again, I had planned to try Lift with Cee, but she doesn't have any full upper body workouts. Just splits.

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 02:33 PM  
ChelePA

VVfer…2 sets is my magic number for weights

Manleym…have a wonderful vacation! Sounds like you are ready to spoil your nephew

Cataddict, Bee and Nathalie… interesting that you all had the same reaction to the same workout. I will be curious about the rest of the series.

Mickey12… perfect weather the last few days for nature walks. Sounds lovely! Today with the thunderstorms not so nice. Winston is having pure anxiety attacks. Shaking like a leaf. Breaks my heart. Hoping they pass quickly.

Might get him out for a walk after dinner. Maybe the storms will help it cool down some. It’s been in the 90s here. But I love it!

Waving to the rest of the gang!
Old 06-01-22, 03:48 PM  
manleym

Meant to mention this earlier, but forgot. Hubby and I recently watched "The Electrical Life of Louis Wain" on Prime. Thought of ya'll since he painted cats. It's a sad, but touching movie.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in