Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-22, 05:49 PM  
Mickey12

I had the opposite experience recently. I gave my collection of vinyl to our local used record store because wanted them out of the house and didn’t want to just throw them away. In any event, I asked him about music cds and he said there is zero market for them. No one wanted them. I don’t know what he thought about cassettes. But, the store is now out of business, so there’s that.
Old 04-05-22, 06:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Give it a shot-you never know!

Bauhaus is touring the US again-anything can happen!

https://consequence.net/2022/03/bauh...us-tour-dates/

It looks like they are skipping your area, though.

I saw Peter Murphy opening for the Church and Love and Rockets open for The Cure, so I have sort of seen them....
Oh, my beloved Peter!!! I've seen him so many times and was pulled on stage by him a couple of times which was crazy because I've had a crush on him since junior high. It was fun when he did the Mr. Moonlight tour with Bauhaus music and his own band. I hope their tour goes well.

Fanofladyvols, hah hah...right? We can hope that indeed, anything can happen!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 06:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Give it a shot-you never know!

Bauhaus is touring the US again-anything can happen!

https://consequence.net/2022/03/bauh...us-tour-dates/

It looks like they are skipping your area, though.

I saw Peter Murphy opening for the Church and Love and Rockets open for The Cure, so I have sort of seen them....
I'm not a huge fan of Bauhaus (or Peter Murphy), but still listen to Love & Rockets quite often. Wow...you've seen the Church, Love & Rockets, and the Cure. None that I've seen live but would love to. How awesome that you've seen them!
Old 04-05-22, 06:50 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Bauhaus (or Peter Murphy), but still listen to Love & Rockets quite often. Wow...you've seen the Church, Love & Rockets, and the Cure. None that I've seen live but would love to. How awesome that you've seen them!
I am not a big fan of Bauhaus either. To be honest, I wish I had passed on The Cure...Tom Petty was playing near us the same night. My husband was a very good sport and took me to see The Cure. Looking back, we should have gone to Tom Petty instead. We finally did around 2007 and took our son who was in grade school at the time. Lucky kid

One of the former members if the band The Church shopped frequently at our favorite record store in Princeton when he was living on the East Coast.. Our friend who works there told us he was very nice.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 06:55 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:

I think part of the resurgence has to do with the huge swath of companies wanting to make money by offering their own streaming for television. My husband was just commenting that he wants to own specific movies because they have been removed from the streaming services we subscribe to. There are just so many streaming options right now (specifically tv) that it would be a huge expense to subscribe to all of them so we pick and choose which ones we want.
Yes these companies are greedy. I'm wondering how long before Microsoft or Apple tries to make us subscribe to Windows X or macOS on a monthly or yearly basis.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 08:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
My husband was just commenting that he wants to own specific movies because they have been removed from the streaming services we subscribe to.
depending on contracts, Netflix might remove a title from being available. For example I found out Netflix was showing a certain movie in the UK but not in the US. unfortunately, no other US streaming service had approval to show it. some people have gotten around that by changing their country in their profile, but to me, people shouldn't have to do that!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 06:27 AM  
DCW

Our car is so old (2007) that it has a CD player that can hold six CDs! I don't even know if new cars still have CD players.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 06:53 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Our car is so old (2007) that it has a CD player that can hold six CDs! I don't even know if new cars still have CD players.
My vehicle has a CD player too! My husband’s new truck doesn’t have a CD player and we had no option to have one. They just don’t put them in anymore.
Old 04-09-22, 07:27 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
My vehicle has a CD player too! My husband’s new truck doesn’t have a CD player and we had no option to have one. They just don’t put them in anymore.
Our cars are old also. I don't drive far, so I don't use the cd player that much.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 07:42 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I've been shopping for cars and have found two in my category with CD players. The car I was hoping to love didn't have one. I have tried to transfer most of my music to files, but for road trips, I like getting audiobooks (on CD) from the library.

Tags
dvds vs streaming, streaming vs dvds