Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-22, 02:17 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I've started Setting Free the Kites by Alex George. It's pretty good so far. And, I'm still enjoying The Nature of Fragile Things.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 03:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
I just finished reading Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None." I thought it was brilliant!
I think I read it back in high school - loved it and definitely couldn't figure out the mystery. I think I might have read that there's another movie version coming out?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 05:29 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I'm still reading Autobiography of a Yogi; I read before bed, so I don't usually get far.
I read that book a couple years ago. While some parts are enlightening, there are many that are very dry. Maybe that's why you're not getting very far -- you're reading it before bed and it's putting you to sleep. Perhaps you should try reading it in the morning. LOL
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 05:33 PM  
SpiritYogi

This is not a new book release, but I wanted to mention it here.

I read Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter about a year ago, which Netflix just released a series based on. I'm only on episode three, but the series matches up with the book perfectly so far. If anyone else read and enjoyed the novel, I highly recommend the Netflix series.
Old 03-06-22, 06:38 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post

I read Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter about a year ago, which Netflix just released a series based on. I'm only only episode three, but the series matches up with the book perfectly so far. If anyone else read and enjoyed the novel, I highly recommend the Netflix series.

I have not read the book, but I watched the first episode last night and was sucked right in. I am going to try to stretch it out since I am not watching many new shows at all.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 06:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I read that book a couple years ago. While some parts are enlightening, there are many that are very dry. Maybe that's why you're not getting very far -- you're reading it before bed and it's putting you to sleep. Perhaps you should try reading it in the morning. LOL
Dena, it might still put me to sleep, LOL! It's a good book to read in short bursts. His story is interesting, if somewhat unbelievable at times.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 06:47 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm also still reading The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. I really enjoyed this one to start, but it is majorly dragging for me now! It feels bogged down by temporal shifts and too much foreshadowing until we actually get to the story.
Beth, I gave up on that book and returned it to the library.

Quote:
I think I am going to re-read Pride and Prejudice next. I read it back in high school and didn't really like it, but I believe I'll have more appreciation for it now, especially given that I've read the "Mr. & Mrs. Darcy" series.
I enjoyed that movie with Keira Knightley.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 11:36 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Dena, it might still put me to sleep, LOL! It's a good book to read in short bursts. His story is interesting, if somewhat unbelievable at times.
Yes, it can be a snoozer book for sure as many parts are a bit dry. I agree, some parts do seem to stretch the imagination a bit. Maybe he was on another plane when he went through those 'experiences'.
Old 03-07-22, 09:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:

I read Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter about a year ago, which Netflix just released a series based on. I'm only on episode three, but the series matches up with the book perfectly so far. If anyone else read and enjoyed the novel, I highly recommend the Netflix series.
I loved the book. I love all of Karin Slaughter's books but the series wasn't grabbing me at all. Now I did read the book a few months back and I've read many books since then but I wasn't finding the series was matching up all that well. I could be not remembering the book so well though. I watched 3 episodes and was going to give it up but maybe I'll try a few more.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-22, 12:04 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Now I did read the book a few months back and I've read many books since then but I wasn't finding the series was matching up all that well. I could be not remembering the book so well though. I watched 3 episodes and was going to give it up but maybe I'll try a few more.
Or maybe since you read the book much more recently than I did, you actually remember it better?

I've read over 100 books the past year so my recollection might not be 'all that', but what I do recall seems to match up with the series. Regardless, I am finding the adaptation very good.

Tags
audiobooks, books, danielle friedman, kindle, reading, spring reading