Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-16-21, 01:58 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I tried wheel when she suggested it, and I got into full wheel pose! I felt stable and strong holding the pose. The last time I tried wheel, it was a struggle and I only got the top on my head onto the floor and not off the floor. I can't remember the last time I did full wheel, so it was a nice surprise.
That's great! Isn't it strange how some days we can flow right into a pose and other days it's a struggle, or even impossible!?!? I think part of it is the condition of our body and mind on that particular day, or what poses we have done prior to each successive pose.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 02:04 PM  
SpiritYogi

I just finished today's practice, 'Yoga for a Polarized World'. It was very timely, considering the condition the world is in today when it comes to (all types of) politics and how it is affecting each of us individually and the world as a whole. I certainly felt this practice helped me 'get the issues out of my tissues'.
Although it was a well rounded 40 minute practice, I couldn't believe it when Eoin introduced the last pose. It seemed like I was only 15 minutes into the practice!

Regarding the recipes, I tried to download the .pdf but am not able to. Have you had success, Venus?
Old 11-17-21, 09:48 AM  
Venus

I completed Yoga for a Polarized World (41 min) yesterday. Before I started, I thought I would have liked this practice a few weeks ago...but it was needed and effective yesterday, too. I liked the intro and Eoin's comments about not having to love our enemy, but to at least 'not hate', accept, and respect.

This practice was more active than Eoin's previous videos. I preferred Day 1 and Day 3 because they were more gentle, but I agree that Day 4 is a timely practice and I felt better afterward. There were a couple poses from Insiya's practice the day before which I was happy to practice again (I was a little less wobbly in half moon this time). The more active part of the practice went by quickly. I think it felt shorter because Eoin spent a good amount of time in relaxation at the end, which I appreciate.

I've been trying to incorporate a yoga practice for anger (or a similar focus) every once in a while to "work the issues out of my tissues" more regularly
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 09:57 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
That's great! Isn't it strange how some days we can flow right into a pose and other days it's a struggle, or even impossible!?!? I think part of it is the condition of our body and mind on that particular day, or what poses we have done prior to each successive pose.
Thanks I think our attitude has a lot to do with it, too. I went into bridge and just thought I'd try wheel (instead of thinking it would be too hard) and was able to do the pose. And, yes, I was feeling pretty strong by the time we got to wheel!

Quote:
Regarding the recipes, I tried to download the .pdf but am not able to. Have you had success, Venus?
I was able to download the PDF before, but I tried last night and it's not available (there's no button to press and download, just text). It seems like maybe it got locked after a couple days like the videos. If you PM me your e-mail, I can try to send you the PDF.
Old 11-17-21, 03:19 PM  
SpiritYogi

I did today's practice -- Nourished Body, Centered Mind -- with Insiya this afternoon. It started out very slow then she did Sun 'Sea' Salutations for a couple rounds before going into some slow, deep poses. I really liked how she transitioned from table to seated pigeon. Since it was a short practice, I added a 30 minute BoHo Beautiful practice to round it out.
Old 11-17-21, 03:20 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
I was able to download the PDF before, but I tried last night and it's not available (there's no button to press and download, just text). It seems like maybe it got locked after a couple days like the videos. If you PM me your e-mail, I can try to send you the PDF.
Thanks! I'll send you my email address to you.
Old 11-18-21, 09:51 AM  
Venus

Wednesday's practice was Nourished Body, Centered Mind (34 min). I like that Insiya had more comments and form pointers during this practice. I was expecting a more active flow, based on Insiya's previous videos, but only the sun salutation sequence moved quickly. Most of the practice was very relaxing; there were lots of twists and forward folds and a long relaxation at the end. The latter was a nice bonus and unexpected with the shorter practice.
Old 11-18-21, 10:26 AM  
Venus

Quote:
I really liked how she transitioned from table to seated pigeon. Since it was a short practice, I added a 30 minute BoHo Beautiful practice to round it out.
Table to seated pigeon was a very nice stretch! You mentioned before you do an hour of yoga, but I usually do a shorter daily practice. So far, I've been able to keep up with the Yoga with Adriene calendar during the challenge; I wasn't sure if I'd have to choose one or the other. I haven't felt like it's too much to do both
Old 11-18-21, 03:14 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Table to seated pigeon was a very nice stretch! You mentioned before you do an hour of yoga, but I usually do a shorter daily practice. So far, I've been able to keep up with the Yoga with Adriene calendar during the challenge; I wasn't sure if I'd have to choose one or the other. I haven't felt like it's too much to do both
Kudos to you for being able to do both scheduled practices. When you really enjoy something, you find time to do it. I could practice yoga two to three hours a day and not get tired of it. My body, mind and soul craves and thrives off it.
Old 11-18-21, 03:20 PM  
SpiritYogi

Today was another great practice with Eoin, 'Release and Receive'. I liked the Tai Chi / Yoga flows, as well as the other mid-practice flows that weren't like any I've done before.

Only three more days of the challenge. I'll be sad when it's over, but hope this is just one of many (free) challenges Eoin and Insiya offer in the coming months.