Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-21, 03:32 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Moms of school-aged kids and tweenagers, Jan-Mar 2021

Happy New Year's! What did everyone do to celebrate? We did stay up last night. The neighbor family we were supposed to spend Thanksgiving with (but didn't because the mom got COVID) came over and we had a firepit and fireworks in the driveway. They were legalized a few years ago, and the kids had fun running around and setting them off. We watched a movie after and didn't actually do anything when midnight hit!

Someone in my other check-in asked this and I'll post it here--2020 was rough, but was there something good from it you can share?

My response: My kids got to be really good swimmers and can cook and clean like champs! So they're relatively independent. And while I didn't leave my job at the time and in the way I'd wanted, I do think overall it's good I'm out. I was ready to leave for a while and the only thing I miss is all the vacation time I'd accrued!

This morning I got up at 7 and did my Body Beast workout. I went to our room to change for a planned hike and DH got called in to work but basically drove there, sat for 15 minutes, and was sent home. So I did go hiking. It was this odd thing where a new member of my MRTT chapter set it up but also posted it in apparently a ton of other groups. There were at least half a dozen women there. I'd ridden with a friend, and so she and I started out right on time since we both needed to get back.

The same friend and one other are coming over Sunday afternoon for sangria and snacks in the yard. My one friend does "driveway drinks" every now and then, to be distancing-ish and still see people.

I'll get to talk to people other than my family 3 times this week! I can't tell you how exciting that is.

Hope to see you all here!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote