Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-13, 12:47 PM  
Jenmgo

Thanks beth22. Are there any belt driven bikes out there in the same price range of what i'm looking for?
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 03:36 PM  
Leonana

I have a cheap upright from Craigs List and would love to get a real spin bike. I haven't been able to find any with a belt under $300, not even on Craigs List. People want $200 for the Sunny, and I'd rather buy it new from Amazon or Walmart for $229. From all the reviews I've read, the Sunny is great value for the money. I bike in another room away from the bedrooms, so noise isn't a factor for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Sorry to ramble but just wanted to mention the chain vs. belt issue! I'm sure you will love spinning! It has given my legs tremendous definition that I never got with years and years of step and other forms of cardio. Plus, I don't have to worry about tripping on my own 2 feet!

Good luck with your decision!
That's encouraging to hear. I was spinning a lot when I had PF in my foot, but then stopped when it became better. I was sort of scared off by all that "bulking the thigh" talk. I do love to spin once a week, and want to get back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmgo View Post
Thank you Trixoo. I can't try out the online one i dont think, and the other two are local. I just wanted to see if anyone has owned any of the above bikes and could offer advice. Thank you for all the suggestions so far everyone. I really want to spin and hope to purchase this week or sometime in the near future. Even though I only own one spin dvd lol
There are some you tube videos.

This one is scenic - Route 66, Las Vegas and England.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR7-lVVLsJR24B7elv4vjWw

I love these spin videos. Although, you can only do them on a PC, because of the copyrighted music.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Fjb_0cSANu3bHv
Old 10-30-13, 03:44 PM  
Erica H.

I have had my Star Trac spin bike for a long time and have been very happy with it. It's a very good quality bike.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 08:55 PM  
Jenmgo

Adrien_73 i sent you a pm but in case you dont check often - what did you not like about the upgraded multisport enc bike? I just found one locally and they sound like a good choice and belt driven...but i can NOT for the life of me find a review on it anywhere
Old 10-30-13, 09:12 PM  
Jenmgo

Erica do they have model numbers? The one I posted just says Star Trac Spinner in the photos. But it looks almost exactly like the Spinner FIT bike in the other post, just a different color. Perhaps that means they are both made by Star Trac? I'm so clueless lol!
Old 10-31-13, 05:21 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post

What I would do is try to get on the bike and see how it fits...if you can't get a good fit on your bike, you're much less likely to use it. I had my heart set on a Kaiser M3, until I went to a gym that had them and tried one out...it is an amazing spin bike, but for me was so uncomfortable!
I only wish I'd had this experience. Riding the Kaiser made me want it even more.
Old 10-31-13, 08:16 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I only wish I'd had this experience. Riding the Kaiser made me want it even more.
Oh, I still wanted it, but it made my back hurt so badly because I was so extended over the handle bars that I had to look elsewhere. And I love the bike I got instead. :-)

In reality, any club level bike (sadly, only sold at club level prices) compared to a bike sold for home use is going to be wonderful, whether chain or belt driven, so the only real issue is fit.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 09:17 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica do they have model numbers? The one I posted just says Star Trac Spinner in the photos. But it looks almost exactly like the Spinner FIT bike in the other post, just a different color. Perhaps that means they are both made by Star Trac? I'm so clueless lol!
I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they do. Mine is a club level bike and I've had it for ten years now and it is like new.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 09:40 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
I've had the same issue searching on Craig's List. People don't include the model numbers, and even then there isn't much info on the internet about the models that aren't made anymore.

Good luck in your search!
Old 10-31-13, 09:48 AM  
Jenmgo

Thanks all. I'm still confused and clueless. Perhaps they are all decent choices for my needs. All three sellers say they are quality bikes in excellent condition, I think I'm leaning toward thr multisport 360..it's in the same price range and belt driven and was over 800 new so I'm going to assume its decent...I hope..lol. Still pondering sorry for being a pain, I just want to make a wise purchase since they are not cheap