Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-10, 07:48 AM  
Tugger31

I watched the clip over at collage and other than some pushups it showed no upper body exercises. You mentioned bicep curls, what other exercises does this workout have for upper body? Do you feel it is more lower body oriented and how is this one on the knees, is it very high impact????
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 07:56 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

There is an upper body exercise in every segment. It goes cardio, lower, upper, core, each for a minute then a 30 sec break. The impact isn't bad at all and because it only goes on for a minute, then a 3min 30 sec break b4 doing any more impact. I think it is balanced.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 07:57 AM  
adrien_73

I did this for the first time last week and loved it! There is a lot of high impact. I have a knee injury and had to modify some of the moves. I felt it was pretty easy to find low impact subsitutions.

I remember there being other upper body exercises but I will have to check the DVD again to list them. In every round, he does a cardio, UB, LB and core segment.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 08:02 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
I can't believe this workout hasn't been discussed much on here, because it is sensational and exceptionally difficult and advanced.
Thanks for an outstanding breakdown and review - but now I know which DVD to avoid!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 08:13 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
A-Bot, yay!! That makes me feel really flattered, whether justified or not!! But yes, this workout is killer and I can't wait to hear what you think about it when you try it!
I think it's justified - you are more hardcore than I am!! (but I'm working on it ) I also check out your website as well to read your reviews, which is really helpful for me. I haven't gotten the Katami DVD in the mail yet - but I'll let you know what I think! Thanks again for the post!!
A-Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 08:13 AM  
counterclockwise

This sounds great, thanks for posting. I am adding this to my wish list.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 09:19 AM  
mlmccauley

How does this compare to Cathe's Intensity Series Bootcamp workout which follows a similar pattern (one minute cardio, one minute legs, one minute upper and one minute core)? TIA!

Maria

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
mlmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 01:29 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmccauley View Post
How does this compare to Cathe's Intensity Series Bootcamp workout which follows a similar pattern (one minute cardio, one minute legs, one minute upper and one minute core)? TIA!

Maria
I LOVEEEE Cathe's Bootcamp- one of my favorite workouts of all time. I still do it once a week, usually! This one is way harder, but the format is similar except that there is more repetition.

A-Bot, I'm so glad to hear someone actually looks at my website, lol. I mainly wrote everything to organize my own thoughts, and I have tons of reviews that I just haven't posted yet. I'll work on updating it now that I know I have some kind of audience.

Tugger, there were iron crosses (shoulders + pecs), biceps curls, several different pushup variations, skull crushers (triceps) and I know I'm forgetting something.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 01:32 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmccauley View Post

Maria
Cathe's Bootcamp is equipment intense, this workout is not but you get the same benefits as Cathe's Bootcamp.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 02:35 PM  
mlmccauley

Thanks neatski and icebergslim! I will have to add this to my wishlist along with many, many others...

Maria

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
mlmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, hollywood bootcamp, hollywood bootcamp 4 x 4, hollywood bootcamp 4 x4, paul katami