Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-11, 07:27 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I think it'a call bad form
I think they might be called 'ball-banger swings"...at least when they guys do them.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 09:52 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conni View Post
I will pass on these...do not like the production at all, and I have workouts will all these same moves..

Someone else said they already have a dread factor for these, I feel the same way. Doesn't anyone have fun anymore in a workout???
Gotta agree with you.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 07:44 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
After reading through all these posts, I didn't think there was a chance these would appeal to me. But, I'm a weird girl . . . these look good to me. I agree with lower production quality and chaotic . . . but it still looks like fun. I have TRX straps and no workouts (that I like) to use with them. I don't have kettlebells but it looks like they offer dumbbell modifications.

I'm not sure if I should preorder or not. I'm debating the Cathe preorder also. Hmmmm . . . . .
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:49 AM  
upperwside

I ordered.. i like bootcamp workouts and i like her.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 12:29 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
It's already in the store so I took the plunge and ordered even though the pre-sale has not technically started.

I wasn't charged any shipping

These look great to me- I just hope there will be modifications to those of us who don't have a suspension trainer
You can do those--the name of the exercise is just escaping me now--exercises on the ball the way Cathe does them in Upper Body Pyramid.

Donna
Old 05-02-11, 12:36 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I like Tracey but believe it or not, you guys talked me out of this one and how often can you say THAT about VFers?!

Donna
Old 05-04-11, 04:25 PM  
KathAL79

Tracey has a knack for finding solid, knowledgeable instructors who haven't thought of appearing in videos. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of her knack for finding people to film and edit her videos. (I know she filmed with CIA once upon a time, but that relationship didn't seem to make her happy, and some of my discs had some weird issues with sound and picture, so even when she films with someone who knows what they're doing something somehow goes wrong.)

I'm sort of intrigued by the metabolic circuits followed by a round of tabatas DVD (I'll skip the strength one) but will wait for reviews. (There are a few people from whom I'll no longer preorder for reasons that are my own, and both Tracey and Cathe are on that list.)

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 05:15 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathal79 View Post
tracey has a knack for finding solid, knowledgeable instructors who haven't thought of appearing in videos. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of her knack for finding people to film and edit her videos. (i know she filmed with cia once upon a time, but that relationship didn't seem to make her happy, and some of my discs had some weird issues with sound and picture, so even when she films with someone who knows what they're doing something somehow goes wrong.)

i'm sort of intrigued by the metabolic circuits followed by a round of tabatas dvd (i'll skip the strength one) but will wait for reviews. (there are a few people from whom i'll no longer preorder for reasons that are my own, and both tracey and cathe are on that list.)
+1
Old 05-07-11, 11:56 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I preordered the Metabolic Conditioning workout. I really like Tracey's workouts. It seems I saw somewhere that these will be 45 minutes long, but I have been searching to see that in this thread & the descriptions on Tracey's website, & I can't find it. Did I just dream that? If so, does anyone know how long these will be?

Also, what is a "Tabata finisher?"

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!

Last edited by Jennifer P.; 05-07-11 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added another question
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 12:03 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
Also, what is a "Tabata finisher?"
That should be a round of tabata-style exercises to finish you off. Tabata protocol is usually 4 min. set up as 8 interval rounds of 20 seconds of really intense exercise (e.g. burpees with a push-up and coming back up to a tuck jump) followed by 10 seconds of rest.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, total body bootcamp, tracey staehle