Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-23, 12:34 PM  
bethellen

Leslie older adult

I found on one of my Leslie dvds a while back an extra workout. I remember it had older adults. I thought it was the Active Older Adult workout. Now I can’t find which dvd that was on.
Anybody remember this one and which dvd it was on?
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-23, 01:06 PM  
Ilde

Not sure I have the right answer to your question. Just checked my excel file and the Active Adult has these segments:
1 Mile Walk, 2 Miles Walk with Weights and a short Abs Workout with Leslie on her own.
But maybe you meant another extra workout.
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-23, 01:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

paraphrasing from a post I wrote on the 2023 Thrift Store Finds thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
picked up:

3. Walk At Home - Active Adult 2-Mile Walk (red cover with Ken Cooper's photo on the top): Leslie Sansone

Leslie's "Active Adult" workout - There's also a 1-Mile DVD (blue cover) available on Ebay and Amazon. All I could find on VF forums was that the 2-mile uses soft weights. see * below.

Leslie also issued a compilation of the two workouts (3 miles all together) on one DVD. Leslie is alone on the cover - it's white and has "active adult" printed sideways in the right margin of the DVD label.

Edited to add:

A 2007 Collage catalog () described the "2 separate DVDs" versions:

1-mile DVD:
a. The 1 mile DVD is basic walking followed by more intense power walking
b. The last segment is 12 min of abs and core floorwork

*2-mile DVD:
c. The 2 mile DVD has a basic walking segment, followed by an aero/tone segment that "uses dumbbells" - earlier, I had mentioned VFers referring to "soft" hand weights - when I did the workout, they were using these pink soft weights that look like they have velcro to keep them on your hands, either 1# or 2# (those who chose to use weights).
d. The last segment is 12 min of abs and core floorwork (same footage as "b" above from the 1-mile DVD)

A 2009 Collage catalog () described the compilation version and there are 3 distinct workouts:

a, b, and c above.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-23, 11:35 PM  
bfit

Amazon has "Leslie Sansone Older Adults Walk and Firm" and "Leslie Sansone Older Adults Walk". The reviews make it sound like these are very basic and intended for people just starting to exercise or people with some limitations.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-23, 07:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Amazon has "Leslie Sansone Older Adults Walk and Firm" and "Leslie Sansone Older Adults Walk". The reviews make it sound like these are very basic and intended for people just starting to exercise or people with some limitations.
Something like this is good to have for recovery after illness, injury, or surgery.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-23, 07:09 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-23, 06:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
the 2-Mile active adult has a few cast members from her first "Advanced 5 Mile Walk" from 2005, filmed in the same setting: a smaller room, professionally designed with blue archways, sconces, and doors that open out to "clouds". This background is the "corner" of the room.

the 2nd mile is when you pick up your "booster" of choice. all of the folks, though older, are spunky. like us.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, which leslie is this?