Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-21, 11:50 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Just a few more thoughts....

I had FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) when I purchased these, but after doing them for a few weeks it made me want to do my Cathe workouts, so I immediately went back to Cathe.

I also realized I don't need to own Every Single New System that comes out, because it's not always better. I have so many Beachbody programs that I could revisit.

I wanted to support Jessica, but I know these weren't a good fit for me. I tried to cut a few of them in half but (with most of the circuits) you're repeating exercises you've already done on one side.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 04:55 PM  
katmom

On Monday, I started week 9. I have added some Cathe or Kelly cardio. Sometimes I substitute a yoga practice for Jessica’s mobility workouts or do a cardio workout before doing the mobility workout.
Old 06-24-21, 05:51 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
If PurplePlayer had an AppleTV app that worked well, it would be more convenient than DVDs for me. That's how I use BeachBody On Demand and YouTube workouts. Purple advertised AppleTV support, but when I contacted them, they said that just meant that you could use Purple on a different supported device and AirPlay to the AppleTV.
That sounds frustrating. Hopefully, they update it eventually.
Old 06-24-21, 05:52 PM  
Leonana

Jessica posted a promotional video on her you tube channel. The video shows some testimonials from people who used it.

https://youtu.be/NT82acVI7Bs
Old 06-25-21, 06:36 PM  
Anne29

I made it through three weeks of it and then decided to set it aside and do it in the summer when I'm off work. I was liking the program though. I felt like my body was moving better and benefitting from all the functional moves. But I found myself needing more of a warmup (it was March and I live in Canada), and I was already wondering how I'd squeeze 50 minute workouts in, so tacking on another 10 minutes for a warmup was kind of the last straw I realized what I really wanted was a Walk Strong 4 program from Jessica: 30 minute workouts with lots of variety (I really like her fusion workouts) and preferably a smidge more challenging than WS3. So I made my own Walk Strong 4 program. I used her WS3 rotation as a guide but then substituted a 30 min Cathe workout whenever I wanted more of a challenge. I had wanted to get more use out of Cathe's Perfect 30 set anyway, so I used those for some days, but I love ICE so I swapped some of those in as well (sometimes using premixes to get the length down). For the Total Body Strength workout, I used Jessica's Straight Up Strength on YouTube. It was a fun rotation, actually!

I'm planning to start Lift & Shift up again tomorrow though. I'll admit that I like Cathe's weight work better, and I plan to use Cathe for the cardio days, but there's something about Jessica's slow pace, all the functional and balance moves, and the way she has you work on the smaller stabilizing muscles. I feel like I need that. I just wasn't getting stronger with Cathe. I generally use 50-60% as much weight as she does and I realized I haven't really been progressing in this last year, despite nearly daily workouts. I think I must have some muscle imbalances or something that are affecting me. I admit Jessica's long circuits do feel a little like taking my medicine. I wish she had more motivating music and I wish there were easier ways to shorten the workouts. She says you don't have to do all 16 or 20 reps, but I find myself doing them all because it seems easier than fast forwarding to the next exercise. (She did add a 15 second forward/backward button though, so maybe that will help. But obviously chapters or premixes would be even better).

So we'll see! I feel pretty motivated because I read the first group's final checkins and so many of them mentioned how much stronger they had gotten and how they were sleeping better and they had fewer aches and pains. That all sounds like exactly what I need right now! And there seems to be a pretty motivating checkin group going on for the next round and Jessica's there responding to just about every post. I did Cathe's Xtrain last summer and I felt like 10 weeks would have been the perfect length for that rotation. Lift & Shift has even fewer workouts in the rotation, so I'm worried I'll get bored. But I'm telling myself I already did 3 weeks of it, so if I only make it through 9, I'll still kind have completed it. Right?
Anne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 08:29 PM  
Leonana

Anne, that's a good description, I felt like I was taking my medicine, lol. I definitely agree about the sleep, I slept really good on the days I did a strength workout. I was out like a light once my head hit the pillow.
Old 06-26-21, 11:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Is this the program that is NOT available on DVD?

I want DVDs!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 12:42 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Yes Alta, it's not available on DVD.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 03:29 PM  
bjones

I would buy it if it was on DVD also.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 06:45 PM  
kat999

I would also buy this if it were on DVD. I'm bummed out that it's not.

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews