Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-20-21, 07:28 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - A Father Carries Pictures Where His Money Used to Be. June 20

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 07:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I did a very early morning this morning waking at 5:30 am and taking Gus for his walk at the park. I got home at 7 am and the skies opened up in rain - it's supposed to rain all day. We need rain badly! Nice to get the walk in although Gus didn't poop . I did see a raccoon family walking on the path - mom and about 6 babies - mom kept yelling at her babies to get them going away from Gus. Now I'll take my shower and do my normal activities in the morning. I've also got to hit the grocery store today - today is kind of a pain in the butt in that a big car show is going on at the state fair and blocking all the roads. Otherwise, just planning on putzing - I do have to read that literature on the foreign student program.

Laura, on French Silk Pie! Is yours chocolate? Enjoy your Father's Day with your dad!

Paula, I painted my main bathroom a deep purple - it played well with my bathroom tiles which were tan/grayish and I had some glass strips tiles for an accent that the purple went well with. It worked out soooooo well! Even the artistic people were impressed with my choice as it worked, but wasn't a direct match with the tiles. http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...pictureid=1811

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
Old 06-20-21, 05:55 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day getting ready for Mom and Dad to come over and then them coming over for lunch. It was a really nice time, and he really liked his journal.

Anita - Yup. The French Silk Pie is chocolate cream with homemade whipped cream. I cut a piece to eat tomorrow and sent the rest of the pie home with Dad.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 09:55 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Adriene Breath Day 24.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Today was grocery day for us too. Some meal prep of course and that was our day.

Laura, I am so glad your Dad liked the journal, it’s such a thoughtful gift. I am sure the pie was a big hit as well.

All we did for Father’s Day was toast our departed Dad’s with our morning coffee.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 07:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Well I took Gus on another walk last night trying to get him to go - same park. I did see a deer there - Gus didn't but he sure smelled it and was hyper excited in the area the deer was. Gus did a small poop at the park and then ended up pooping downstairs in the house last night . I'm hoping he'll get back to normal better today.

I'll be walking Gus with some friends this afternoon - it'll be a cool day in the 60s! I like that! Otherwise nothing planned - no Spades planned for tonight. I'll take advantage of the cool weather to do some stuff outside.

Laura, enjoy your pie today! So glad you were able to celebrate Father's Day with your dad. I did phone my brother and left him a message, but no call back .

Paula, I'm so glad the car show at the fair grounds is done and I can drive that direction again! Nice remembrance of your dad - I didn't do anything formally, but did think about my dad.

Anita
Old 06-21-21, 05:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a more relaxed day than I've had in a while. Did some laundry and picked up a session with a new student. DH and I went on a short walk. After all the rain yesterday, it was nice to see the sun, even if it was hotter than I'd prefer.

Anita - I hope that Gus gets back to normal quickly.

Paula - It sounds like a poignant moment over coffee.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 08:46 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 - Push (Strength) followed by some yoga/stretching.

Beautiful day here, I decided to ditch any housework and got a pedicure and then went mindless shopping. I haven't done that - just gone browsing for longer than I can remember. Got some stuff for our cruise. A light water proof shell and some shoes - I haven't bought new shoes in over a year and I needed some summer sandals. I love sandals, I live in them all summer.

Anita, glad the car show is over and you can go where you want more easily. I'm sorry to hear Gus continues to have tummy problems. I especially feel sorry for you having to clean up the aftermath. Enjoy the cooler weather.

Laura, congratulations on getting a new student. Glad you had a relaxed day, we all need those once ein a while.
Old 06-22-21, 07:29 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I saw three deer (two in one group, one separately) in my walk yesterday with Gus and friends - kind of weird in that it was early afternoon. Today, I'm planning on another walk with Gus - I can go at his regular time, so hopefully he'll be back to normal bowel movements. Yesterday I did do all the bed laundry and flipped my mattress for the change in season - either I'm getting lots weaker from not exercising and being arthritic or that mattress is getting heavier.

Laura, sounds like a nice relaxing day! Yay on a new student!

Paula, I've never had a professional pedicure - my toes and toenails are utterly yucky. I wonder if it's even possible to get a pedicure - that's how bad they are! Nice you got new sandals!

Anita
Old 06-22-21, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Adriene Breath Day 25 Love, followed by Pahla B Body Shaping Day 16 Stretch.

Anita, how nice seeing deer on your afternoon walk with Gus (and peope friends)! I love deer, I know many people think they are pests that eat their expensive landscaping but I love them. Clearly the mattress is getting heavier, there isn't another explanation. I get professional pedicurees once a month because I can't cut my own toenails any longer and I love sandals. I feel as though my feet have to be somewhat presentable.
Old 06-23-21, 06:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday I saw two deer at a different park - Gus smelled them, but didn't see them, but they were within 20 yards of the path. It was nice that it was cool enough to take Gus on other paths - today we're back to heat and humidity issues limiting where I'll take Gus. Today I'll be taking care of ducklings at the WRC - two volunteers won't be there, so hope others will be coming in to help. Otherwise walk with Gus is planned. Putzing around for me.

Paula, I don't see deer in my neighborhood very much at all - they could get in through the railroad tracks, but it's pretty industrial there. I do enjoy seeing them in the parks, but I know the neighbors to those parks get a lot of deer damage to their gardens. Yeah, I can't reach my feet very well either and could use some professional help, but I had had a lot of years of foot fungi, so not very healthy for others to handle - I think that's passed many years ago, but still ugly.

Hope Laura is just very busy!

Anita