Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-21, 08:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So Hubby never showed me where the battery percentage was on my laptop so now it’s dead and I had to figure out how to charge it on my own! So I’m back on my phone.

This is apparently going to be a rest week, my sinuses are acting up, probably from dusting and cleaning a lot of glassware and penguin cookie jars :-) so I can pack them up.

Nora, Yes we are moving :-) we haven’t found a new house yet but we decided to look in North Mississippi for a few acres in the country. Frankly we are tired of noisy neighbors and I’m tired of smelling their cigarette smoke in my backyard. I decided to start packing up decorative items and my parents have a greed to let us store them in their spare bedroom. It’s we are looking at bare shelves but I figure it will be easier in the long run if I start now and get the breakables out of the house. I’m glad to hear your shoulder is better! What exactly is an E bike? Is it like a peloton?

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 07:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

41 minute outdoor walk

It was a hot one but I'm glad I got my walk in. Not sure about today. I'll see how the day goes and how hot it gets. The kids and I have some plans to honor their dad on Father's Day so I'll take it from there.

NORA, so glad you're enjoying the bike so much! We were cooler earlier in the week but alas.

PENGUIN, too bad about the sinuses and the laptop battery but you're making progress packing up so that's good.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 08:20 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I didn't get in a weight workout as planned on Saturday. I spent a good bit of the day cleaning the house (so I moved around a lot) and then that evening I went on a date with a friend who was in town visiting. I did do CH Elite Rope and Ride which helped me get to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday (Sunday) was a rest day.

SB - Glad you were able to get your walk in in spite of the heat. Hope that everything turned out well with your kids and the plan to honor their dad for Father's Day. I don't think that I ever mentioned my frozen shoulder here because I was diagnosed in Oct or Nov and I wasn't posting then. My knees (which each have a meniscal tear) mostly only bother me when I'm trying to stand up from a seated position, especially if I'm seated low. That's why I've mostly cut squats out of my routines, unless I do them very shallow-like. Sometimes I feel like I'm slowly falling apart.

Nora - Great job with your walk and bike ride. Very cool that you are really loving the new bike. I'm glad that you had some idea of what to do about your shoulder injury before you went for PT (I had no clue, primarily since I didn't know anything about frozen shoulder). I hope that you also continue to see improvement with your shoulder.

Penguin - Hope you get everything figured out with the laptop and I also hope that your sinuses clear up soon (maybe it is the dust). Sounds like things are moving right along with your packing.

Wave to All!
Old 06-21-21, 10:03 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I was like Cambet: Cleaned the cottage. I had a few people over for dinner, so I kind of had to! Today, I went for an early one hour walk trying to get 'er done before rain started.

PP- That's exciting about your move. Your neighbours sound pretty horrible where you are, so hopefully you find a bigger piece of land to live on in Mississippi. No, not like a peleton. just a regular bike with a battery that gives an extra boost when needed.

SB-Sorry to hear about your shoulder issue and meniscus problem. It's true: we're all falling apart! My DH had a miniscus surgery a few years back, and he's good as new now. So there's hope on that front, at least.
Old 06-22-21, 07:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk
I went early yesterday because it got very humid again. I'm hoping for a walk today but I need to go soon because we have some showers coming in.

CAMBET, housecleaning is always a workout in my book. Nice job hitting your step goals. Yes I think we're all slowly falling apart. The Father's Day plans went well albeit very sad. Thank you.

Have a good day!

Old 06-23-21, 07:41 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Monday I did KCM Muscle Up: Lift 2B Fit workout. I did the 49 min premix with 2 sets of 8 reps. I up'ed my weights a bit for most body parts from last time, so I just did the 2 sets of 8s. I think next time I'm going to use the same weights and do 2 sets of 10. In between lifting I stopped periodically to (fake) jump rope on the rebounder. I also tacked on the 10 min Standing Abs section of the Firm's Core Solutions (hadn't used that one in a while). Throughout the day I did parts of CH Elite to make it to 250 steps each hour, and did about 20 minutes of it to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day before midnight.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a bust. I got up and decided to prioritize answering some pending work emails first thing over working out, and then work demands kept coming and I kept pushing back my cardio workout. Then my friend with the slow-ish dog asked if I wanted to walk and I thought I would do that instead, so I put off working out until the evening, but then she canceled at the last minute and I just never got around to working out. I'm going to prioritize my workout this morning, so though I have some pending emails, they are going to have to wait until after I exercise.

SB - I'm learning that the earlier I can get in a workout, the better! Hope you were able to get in a walk yesterday.

Nora- Great job with your walk. I think you accidentally associated my shoulder and knee problems with SB. I wouldn't want her to have to deal with those, so just wanted to clarify they are my issues.

Waves to All!
Old 06-23-21, 08:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

33 minute outdoor walk

I finally walked after dinner yesterday when the showers cleared out. It was very cool, I needed a jacket, but it felt delightful.
I am planning a walk for today.

CAMBET, great job with the KCM workout and getting your steps in! I have a goldilocks approach to working out.
I can't do it too early, I need time to caffeinate but if I wait too long then I lose interest. Thanks for trying to spare me from the knee and shoulder issues
My tweaky back causes me enough grief.
lol

Have a great day!
Old 06-23-21, 08:14 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today was an hour walk.

Cambet, sorry for my mix-up. I’m not mixed up about this though: you’re crushing those workouts!

sB- I prefer to get it done in the morning too. Will not do it until caffeinated. No way!
Old 06-24-21, 07:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

We're having some more of that lovely California weather again. Long may it last.
I have a gyno appt this morning but I am passing my favorite park on the way home so hopefully I'll pop in and have a walk there later.

NORA, very good walk. How often do you use the ebike?

Hi CAMBET & PENGUIN.

Stay well everyone!
Old 06-24-21, 07:31 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Jari Love's Get Ripped again. I tried to go a little heavier on the weights, but with so many reps, I would start out with a heavier weight and end up dropping down to a lower one, which was fine with me. It's kind of interesting to get to that moment where you realize, ok, I can't do this anymore with that weight, so I need to drop down. I was reminded that I lent my barbell set to a friend sometime last year after her gym closed down and she couldn't find a dumbbell set to buy anywhere. I need to get that back cause I think I'd prefer to do some of GR with the barbell.

I also, because I missed my kickboxing workout on Tuesday, did 30 mins of LM Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter (which wasn't that extreme). And, I ended up doing a 50 min walk with my friend with the slow-ish dog, and surprise, surprise, she wanted to do a vigorous walk, so she didn't bring the dog. I went there not knowing that, so the walk was actually more challenging than I had anticipated, especially since we walked about 2 hours after I had finished my other workouts. She's going out of town tomorrow for about a month (like our other Italy-crew walking buddy), so that was our last time getting to walk together for a while. I also did a few segments of CH Elite to make it to over 12,000 steps for the day (I had over 10,000 steps by 3:00 pm ).

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk, and in cooler weather. I LOL'ed at your mention of the goldilocks approach to working out. Like you, if I wait too long, I lose interest. [ETA: SB, we posted at about the same time. Hope everything goes well with your gyno appt and walk in the park! ]

Nora - Great job with your walk. It's inspiring that we are all doing a good job with our workouts!

Waves to All!