Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-21, 11:57 PM  
bex

Workouts similiar to Dreambody ?

So here I am, only a decade late.
I finally attempted the original Fitness Fusion Dreambody.

Yup, the original one from 2011, with the popups and the testimonials.

It was like sticking my head inside a cotton candy machine. An interesting experience, definitely, but not something I'm going to want to do on a regular basis.

But I think there's something in there for me in taking on this type of workout.
I'll try the others in the original Dreambody set, but what else is like this?

Which Barlates? Other barre/cardio/fusion instructors?

I like sweatfests, high intensity workouts that I need to grow into, and don't mind being repped to death.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 12:28 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi Bex! The only workouts I have similar to Dreambody are:

- Mixxtreme Fitness with Shandi Rooney 3 dvd set (white set);

- Barlates: Barre Ball Blast.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 10:07 AM  
Pam

I the like -and have used-Dreambody sets more than the Original DVD. A little easier and like the variety in the their emphasis. I can only do high impact on my rebounder, so do modify if off the rebounder in the workout.

I find Shaun T’s Insanity similar to Dreambodies. I have only done a couple of the workouts-but repeated those multiple times, mostly on my Rebounder.

AsSweetAsSugar-Glad to hear of Mixxtremes and the Barlates.
Old 04-20-21, 10:27 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Pam, I was trying to find a video for Mixxtreme but I couldn't find any on youtube. https://www.amazon.com/Mixxtreme-Fit...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Barre ball blast: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uc83-U6wzgg

When I did a roration with these workouts a while back, I also did Plyo Pilates, and thought it was good workout https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ply.../lauraplyo.htm

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-20-21, 12:51 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Hi Bex! The only workouts I have similar to Dreambody are:

- Mixxtreme Fitness with Shandi Rooney 3 dvd set (white set);

- Barlates: Barre Ball Blast.
Bex I second the Mixxtreme recommendation. I got my set on eBay so I’m sure that dvd is still out there. I found it very similar but it’s not done at light speed.

I’ve also been following nourishmovelove on YouTube and she has a lot of workouts that look good and would probably fit that athletic fusion category. I was going to try this one tomorrow https://youtu.be/tvwt_pINlBk I’ll have to report back after I try it.

When I subscribed to the Fusion Fitness streaming classes that month I could really see what happens in a live class, everyone in going at their own pace, so I wouldn’t think I was getting less of a workout doing that during any of these workouts.

ASAS Hi! No pressure but us JTW peeps would love for you to pop in

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 01:00 PM  
upperwside

Montana method, it's streaming and similar but more doable and more effective for the upper body.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 04:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi Jane! I have been very inconsistent with my workouts these past months, that's why I haven't been checking-in, it is discouraging for me to see so many empty spots in a month, but I'm working on getting back on track again, so I might join back again soon.

Old 04-20-21, 07:17 PM  
bex

Hi AsSweetAsSugar! Great to see you. I agree with Jane, we've missed you at the JWT check-in. Please pop in any time and say hello even if you don't want to post every day.

Thanks for the suggestion on Barlates. I'll probably purchase the download, since it's very hard for me to get DVDs sent to China. The only problem is that I don't tend to use short mix & match segments much. I like to put on a workout, press play, and do it until the end.

Are there pre-mixes on the DVD? If you could tell me which segments are in the pre-mixes, I could make up my own version on my computer.

Pam - I'm surprised you say Asylum, I've never heard that was fusion-like. I think of fusion workouts as involving those little pink 1lb dumbbells which doesn't sound like Shaun T. Other than the non-stop intensity, what do you think is similar?

Jane - I've been watching nourishmovelove's channel and have bookmarked a few of her KB workouts but haven't tried them yet. Will read your review with interest.

upperwside - Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I can't do streaming here in China.

Any other Barlates suggestions? There are a lot of threads from the time saying Linda's workouts are similar, but she has sooo many!
Old 04-20-21, 08:42 PM  
Pam

BIX-I'm surprised you say Asylum, I've never heard that was fusion-like. I think of fusion workouts as involving those little pink 1lb dumbbells which doesn't sound like Shaun T. Other than the non-stop intensity, what do you think is similar?

I have ever done any of the workouts from Asylum, but the set of Shaun's I have is Intensity. I have only done the workouts that reviews say are mostly cardio, with some pushups, planks, etc thrown in. The reviews have the other workouts with less cardio and more exercises. But maybe someone with more familiar with the set can add more details.
Old 04-20-21, 08:48 PM  
bex

Pam
Ah, I misread. All Shaun T's workouts are lumped together in my head. I've always mentally filed them in the 'too hard for me' category. But I've gotten so much better at finding my own pace, I'll have to check them out. Which ones from Insanity do you use?

Tags
dreambody, mixxtreme