Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-21, 10:42 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Finally got a work out in today! Yay!
On the weekends, I walk my dog for an hour or so each day, so even though I used to do a work out on top of that, this weekend, it felt like that was enough. Yesterday, I took a rest day and today I did "Cardio Core" from Ellen Barrett off of her site. Loved it!

I'll check in with personals tomorrow but Donna, I'm glad your pup is doing better!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was in the mood to try something a little different this morning and have heard the Lively Ladies You Tube channel mentioned here on VF, so I decided to try one of her workouts.

Lively Ladies - 30 Min - Low Impact Cardio & Balance exercises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXkUOhbunbE

This was sort of like a Pahla B workout - if you have tried Pahla and find her too chatty this may be a nice substitute. Tricia is much more reserved and she has a lovely Irish accent. There is no music, like Pahla and since she doesn't talk as much as Pahla I tended to miss the lack of music more.

But, overall I enjoyed the workout today - I used my 5's and it felt pretty good - challenging, but not killer - sort of like Pahla!

Last evening DD and I went for a walk - she wasn't as wiped out from her job b/c it was a cooler/overcast day - so she had energy to walk.

I hope to get some stretching or Pilates in later, but it is such a crazy time at work right now.

Liz - I usually walk on the weekends as well and therefore give myself permission to do lighter workouts on the weekend!

My Lab is showing signs of improvement - she is able to eat by herself now and she is moving around the house more and seems steadier on her feet.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 03:10 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been crazy busy lately. I was contacted by two companies about jobs so I've been interviewing (online). I'm not really looking for a job but thought I'd look into it anyway. I had one interview today and the other is tomorrow.

I've also been considering doing Lift & Shift, but I've been having more problems with my knee on and off so not sure if I should. I've been doing TG workouts, but I'm getting a little antsy with that and am thinking of returning to Jessica, but I may do Summer of Strength instead. The deadline for Lift & Shift is this Sunday.

Glad you're all doing well. I'll be back for personals tomorrow.
Old 06-23-21, 03:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Dean's Yoga Fix (Day 5) as well as Shiva's Yoga Shakti (Basic Flow.) My shoulders were sore from Ellen's workout yesterday, which I need to remember to be careful with when doing Ellen with weights.

Good to "see" Liz and wishiwasinhawaii!!! Hope you gals (Donna, too) get a break from your busy work schedules soon! That's great practice for you wishiwasinhawaii (interviewing for other jobs) even if you decide not to change positions.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 05:03 PM  
Leonana

Today was house cleaning, then I did Jessica's 16-Minute Total Body Time Saving Standing Strength Circuit. I followed her and used 7 pounds, and it was challenging for me, but I enjoyed it. I followed with Fitness with PJ's Total Body Mobility & Flexibility Recovery. I stopped halfway, I was having a hard time following it, as I took out my hearing aids to keep them sweat free. I should have used my phone instead of the tv, so I could take it to the floor with me, and see what she was doing for the floor work. So, I did some of my own stretches that help my lower back, which was a little sore. I also need a rug in my bedroom, I'm used to carpet for floor work.

Liz, glad to see you. I subscribed to Ellen's site, and need to do one of her workouts this week. An hour walk sounds like a great workout to me.

Donna, I'm glad your lab is doing better. I'll check out the Lively Ladies.

wishiwasinhawaii, good luck with the interviews. I had decided to do Lift & Shift starting Monday, but not sure how long I will stick with it. I am definitely going to limit it to two strength workouts per week. Some people in the FB Group had knee issues, but said that they could modify for Lift & Shift.

Pam, I hope the yoga helped with the sore shoulders.
Old 06-24-21, 07:10 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I thought more about Lift & Shift and decided to hold off. I saw Pam's list of workouts in the GD thread and most of them are at least 45 minutes long and many are closer to an hour, so I know that's not going to work for me right now. So I think I'll do Summer of Strength, which I'll start today. I haven't wanted to follow a rotation lately and I've been keeping it random, but that doesn't seem to work too well for me, so I think I need the structure.

More later! I have a phone interview later today, so we'll see how that goes.
Old 06-24-21, 12:50 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I took my Golden for a walk. My Lab is still making progress w/ her dizziness and is doing better overall.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - 5 and 5 Class - this was not a traditional Pilates class - it was more of a body weight strength class - a chair was used as a prop for some of the exercises. It was a fast moving workout and did get the job done in a short amount of time (28 min). It was an interesting addition to what Beth/Trifecta usually does - I think she is incorporating more of this work into her routines and that is a good thing. While Pilates is good, I do think you need to vary your exercise for a well-rounded program.

I also took a short walking break at work.

I hope my DD will be up for a longer walk this evening.

Sorry for the short post...must get back to work....

Donna
Old 06-24-21, 03:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Ellen's Peace, Love and Cardio workout, along with Barbara's Yoga for Stress Relief (Neck and Shoulder tension active stretch.)

Donna, I will have to try the "Lively Ladies" to see how that compares to Pahla. I was watching Paula the other night and she spoke about her Grandmother who picked up a walking habit late in life. Her grandmother has since passed away but Paula's point was that women need more than just cardio for fitness. They also need strength and balance to stay healthy.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 01:05 AM  
Leonana

Just a short stretch this evening, Jessica’s Mobility Stretch on You Tube. I did my volunteer filing this morning, some errands, and some yard work. I need to do better on Thursdays with workouts, but I feel like I was on my feet a lot today.

We had very light rain yesterday and the high was only 90. We had two days of 115 last week, so this felt like a cold spell. We are in a suburb east of Phoenix, and are a bit cooler. Phoenix had six days over 115. The temps now seem more normal for this time of year, around 105. I’m glad that heat wave is done, at least I hope so!

wishiwasinhawaii, I do better with a schedule too. I hope the phone interview went well.

Donna, I’m glad your lab is getting better.

Pam, I agree, I know I definitely need strength and balance.
Old 06-25-21, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was Ellen's Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe.

Last night it was lovely outside so DD and I took another walk.

I have been super busy at work so I haven't had much time to post.

I think Lift & Shift is more commitment than I want right now, LOL! I did look at her Summer of Strength and that looks do-able but not sure I want to commit to that either.....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy