Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-21, 06:31 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Pahla B - April #3 Workout - 23 minutes

I didn't have any extra time yesterday for an add on. Pahla's workout was intervals of 60 seconds of walking and 30 seconds of a cardio move. It went by quickly and was just the right length for the time that I did have.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was in the mood to try something a little different this morning and have heard the Lively Ladies You Tube channel mentioned here on VF, so I decided to try one of her workouts.

Lively Ladies - 30 Min - Low Impact Cardio & Balance exercises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXkUOhbunbE

This was sort of like a Pahla B workout - if you have tried Pahla and find her too chatty this may be a nice substitute. Tricia is much more reserved and she has a lovely Irish accent. There is no music, like Pahla and since she doesn't talk as much as Pahla I tended to miss the lack of music more.

But, overall I enjoyed the workout today - I used my 5's and it felt pretty good - challenging, but not killer - sort of like Pahla!

Last evening DD and I went for a walk - she wasn't as wiped out from her job b/c it was a cooler/overcast day - so she had energy to walk.

I hope to get some stretching or Pilates in later, but it is such a crazy time at work right now.

Good going, Carol! I hope you are enjoying your class.

My Lab is showing signs of improvement - she is able to eat by herself now and she is moving around the house more and seems steadier on her feet.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 08:18 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I was up for several hours in the middle of the night (thanks, Oliver!) and consequently overslept this morning. I woke up at 7:30 and didn't do any workout yet, but I will later today.

I'll continue with SBF Adversity Challenge but will have to modify it and supplement it with more core work. Surprisingly, there is very little core work in this challenge and I need more of it and less of lower body. Even though I'm not doing any moves on my toes, my knees are not very happy with all the "up and inch down an inch". I like all the glute work though.

Carol, you're right there's nothing like a new fitness toy or a new instructor to invigorate one's spirit and fitness routine. Speaking of which, I'm so glad I preordered Cathe's bands/loop and new dvds. This was my firsts preorder since she released her Hardcore series years ago, and I'm glad I did it. I love the clips she posted and I'm looking forward to new dvds.

Linda, I hear you about annoing Ellen talk. I like her, but only in small doses. I haven't done my favorite Fat Burning Fusion in a long time and will have to pull it out one of these days. There is some nice large range of movements that I crave after a week of SBF.

Donna, let us know what the vet says about your doggie. I'm glad to hear she's doing better.

We're expecting an overcast day with possible rain today and I couldn't be happier. The days will start getting shorter too since we're past the Summer Solstice. I'm happy!

I'll check back later. Waves to all!
Old 06-23-21, 06:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I don't like starting a pilates workout with the 100 either. I prefer it further into the workout. I'm pretty sure I have either dropped my head or skipped it the last few times I did a workout that started with it. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Dana ohh broken up sleep messes with my day, too!

Donna I hope your dog keeps improving.

I ended up taking two rest days. Today was Cathe's total body Trisets upper body split after I added a mobility warmup. I will do some yoga later.

Waves to Brenda and Christine!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 06:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was:

Pahla B - April #4 Workout - 22 minutes

This was a cardio and arm toning workout - no weights - but it was tough. My arms sure got tired of all those movements. No time yesterday for anything else. I noticed that Senior Shape has a new mat pilates core and glutes workout that I will try to do probably later this week. I previewed it last night and it looked good.

Dana - I've found that Suzanne's stuff doesn't include a lot of pure core work other than plank work. It's like her workouts assume you have a strong core, whether you do or not.

Donna - Glad your fur baby is improving! My class is good - but these darn things always remind me of how much I don't know. One of the individuals in my course is the Chief Genealogical Officer for the FamilySearch Library (or some such position) and is both accredited and certified - and it makes me wonder what in the heck is he doing in my class???

Linda - I'm not sure I'm brave enough to have ever even attempted Cathe's Tri-Sets workout.

Carol
Old 06-24-21, 12:51 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I took my Golden for a walk. My Lab is still making progress w/ her dizziness and is doing better overall.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - 5 and 5 Class - this was not a traditional Pilates class - it was more of a body weight strength class - a chair was used as a prop for some of the exercises. It was a fast moving workout and did get the job done in a short amount of time (28 min). It was an interesting addition to what Beth/Trifecta usually does - I think she is incorporating more of this work into her routines and that is a good thing. While Pilates is good, I do think you need to vary your exercise for a well-rounded program.

I also took a short walking break at work.

I hope my DD will be up for a longer walk this evening.

Sorry for the short post...must get back to work....

Donna
Old 06-24-21, 01:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna that's good news on your furbaby

Carol Trisets is pretty comparable to intensity of LITE pyramid pump upper. I think perfect 30 upper and CTX upper are more difficult. She actually has Brenda modify a move and she demonstrates some mods as well ( but after the exercise so you'd have to preview the workout). The only thing is that it's kind of wrist intensive

Short Kettlebell Tabata workout so far. Gonna do some other cardio and some CS later
Happy Thursday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 06:27 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

Pahla B - April #5 Workout - 24 minutes

This was a shoulder friendly walking with weights workout, my favorite type of walking with weights workout. Still haven't had much time in which to work out. Today I may have enough time for an add on.

Linda - Trisets was sounding good until you said "wrist intensive". Hmm, not for me.

Donna - So glad your Lab is continuing to improve.

Carol
Old 06-25-21, 07:53 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

SBF Abs 3 - 32min. Half was done standing and the rest was floor work. Mostly planks - like Carol observed, but the segment was very doable for me.
JumsportTV - 34min. Active aging cardio. Reasonably vigorous but this 80s music was like revisiting bellbottoms. So far, I'm enjoying my free trial.

Thunderstorms and rain here today. Love it! I have to run to the office today so I have to get going.

Waves to all!
Old 06-25-21, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was Ellen's Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe.

Last night it was lovely outside so DD and I took another walk.

I have been super busy at work so I haven't had much time to post.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna