Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-21, 09:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi gang! Doing a flyby today, my virtual court reporter's conference begins in an hour. I wasn't going to attend, but after seeing the agenda decided to go. It's on a different platform than Zoom, fingers crossed for a good presentation.

Yesterday I took advantage of the nice weather - gardened, put down cedar mulch, stretched and inverted.

Everyone have a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 12:48 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I took my Golden for a walk. My Lab is still making progress w/ her dizziness and is doing better overall.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - 5 and 5 Class - this was not a traditional Pilates class - it was more of a body weight strength class - a chair was used as a prop for some of the exercises. It was a fast moving workout and did get the job done in a short amount of time (28 min). It was an interesting addition to what Beth/Trifecta usually does - I think she is incorporating more of this work into her routines and that is a good thing. While Pilates is good, I do think you need to vary your exercise for a well-rounded program.

I also took a short walking break at work.

I hope my DD will be up for a longer walk this evening.

Summer - good luck at your appointment - hope you can get out afterwards.

Pat - nice job w/ your functional fitness!

Diane - I hope you continue to feel better.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 05:25 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Another beautiful, low humidity day today although we're in for it in next few days. I figured best to try to get out as much as possible before the weekend.

Feeling good and the worry of "will this happen again?" is subsiding. I have to realize I can only control so much. We joined an organic FSA up here and the veggies have been amazing. Last night I made a very healthy arugula and white bean pizza, using a whole wheat crust. A teeny tiny bit of parmesan and it was quite yummy. No more cheese in the house (we are both cheese lovers) so going to have to be more creative. I love vegan cheeses but DH not so much.

On to yesterday's workouts:
Cardio day - Elliptical workout
Yoga with Kassandra
10 1/2 mile bike ride

Pat - don't know how people can love gardening. I try, I really do! My maternal grandmother was an amazing gardener and cook. I wish I inherited that from her!

Donna - so happy to hear your Golden is feeling better!

Hi Summer Breeze and anyone who pops by! I hope everyone has a great day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 07:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I did manage to get to the park for my walk after the gyno. I have a cut and color this morning so any exercise after that remains to be seen.

PAT, the gardening and stretching sounds nice.

DONNA, happy to hear your lab is continuing to improve! That sounds like a nice workout from Trifecta. The appt went well thankfully. Now I just need to get the mammo done next week and hopefully that's ok too. *knock wood*

DIANE, oh my, that pizza sounds amazing.
My sister makes her own pizza on occasion.
I really need to give that a try. Nice workout day.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was Ellen's Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe.

Last night it was lovely outside so DD and I took another walk.

I have been super busy at work so I haven't had much time to post.

Diane - I am glad you are feeling better - it is an emotional shock as much as a physical one - your pizza sounds great!! Keep up the good work and attitude!

Summer Breeze - I need to schedule my mammogram, too. I hate going, and I have postponed it b/c of getting the COVID Vaccine -I had read that it is best to wait 6 weeks after your 2nd shot since swollen lymph nodes can cause false positive results and I have enough trouble w/ my mammograms w/out that. I'm past the 6 week point and now I just have to suck it up and make the appointment.

Waves, Pat!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
Old 06-26-21, 01:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Ugh I'm glad that conference is over. If next year's is virtual I won't go. Two presentations were good but the sitting was awful and I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

I'm working on some plans to motivate myself to get on board with the ten pounds my new doctor wants me to lose, and thinking an LWR challenge might be a good idea.

Diane, your pizza sounds fab! It's good to read that you're in a better place emotionally. Sending positive vibes!

Good job on your walk and KB swings, Summer Breeze. Ack I hate those mammograms.

Donna, it has been nice walking weather. Hopefully we'll have a return to it soon. Good luck at work - well, we don't want to thing about Moan Day yet.

Hello to Christina and anyone who checks in!
Old 06-27-21, 05:19 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Hot and humid - that's all I can say. It could be a lot worse - the West Coast is sweltering in a major way. I hope people get some relief soon. Having lived in SoCal and going through a few fires, my heart breaks every time I hear about another. Bless those firefighters - they are real heroes.

On to the workouts:
Friday:
Pushups
Bad Yogi’s Lower Body strength then short yoga
Rode my bike in the park for almost 11 miles
Afternoon - MadFit 5 min abs and a short yoga by Kassandra

Saturday:
Cardio Day - Run on the treadmill
Yoga

It was too darn hot to get out there on my bike yesterday. We *may* try this morning - Gerry will run and I will bike on our local bike trail. I got up at 5:45 am and the temp was already 72 with a 92% humidity! Eesh....

Donna - the pizza was yummy! Next time I'm trying it with spinach, which I think will be good. Very much experimenting with recipes - super healthy ones. I'm not a fabulous cook but I get by - I always try!

Summer Breeze - I get it about the mammos but it usually turns out OK. It's always scary every year but I know you'll be fine.

Hi Pat and all who fly by! Have a great day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday, but will catch up:

Saturday - Ellen - Sleek Sculpt Express

Sunday - Ellen - Cardio Core; Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Pilates for Seniors & Beginners - Abs & Butt on the Mat

I enjoyed the Senior Shape workout - I really like Lauren as an instructor. I don't know that this was entirely suitable for a true beginner but I enjoyed it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

It is going to be hot and humid here for the time being, so will have to figure out what to do in place of my outdoor walks.

Donna
Old 06-27-21, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

33 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I didn't walk until the afternoon yesterday and it was just too hot and humid so I had to cut it short. Today is muggy already so unless I get myself to a shady park or trail I think I'll have to pass on a walk.

DONNA, every time you do your Ellen workouts I always feel like doing some Ellen. I think I may try her streaming one day since it's so reasonable. I forgot about waiting 6 weeks after the covid vaccine for the mammogram but I think I'm past the 6 week mark.

PAT, that conference sounds rough. I guess it beat working though right? I think an LWR challenge sounds doable.

DIANE, love reading about the bike rides and yoga.

Waves to all.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 11:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Whew it's getting muggy here. Anyway, I had a good workout yesterday: gym for recumbent, treadmill, and two weight machines each for back, chest and lower body. I'm heading back there in a few.

Waves to all! Have a healthy and happy day, and try to stay

Tags
jim fixx