Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-23, 04:31 PM  
ChelePA

Thoughts on STS 2.0 Recovery Type Workouts

Posted in my check-in but thought I would share. Would love to hear others’ reviews.

Some thoughts on STS 2.0—

The core routines are really nice as a warm-up. Nothing too crazy with far less reps than usual. I know I mentioned this before, but since my accident and starting the Peloton calendar, I switched to doing abs/core first. It’s been a game changer for me. Never skip it at the end. Plus it really does get me ready for whatever comes next. I liked using the barbell plates for the moves in the standing routines. I just need to increase the poundage next time around. Also, hopefully I’ll be more coordinated with the mini ball exercises as well as one of the floor plank moves.

Mobility 1 and 2 are also nice to use at the beginning or end of a workout. I’ve been using them as a warm-up especially if I’m doing Peloton strength since they’re lacking in that area. Mobility 1 is definitely less intense after a somewhat active start. Reminds me a little of Perfect 30 but shorter. Definitely more relaxing than #2 with some nice dynamic stretching. Also really enjoyed Mobility 2. Might be a good one to tack on to her very short active recovery routine. She really focused on wrists in one section and I wish she would’ve done the same for ankles. I could really use it.

Yoga— the sitting routine was quite easy and I’m not sure if I will return to it. Maybe if the poses were held longer. Need to try it once more I guess before making a final decision. Loved the mat yoga more so as an extended stretch. I’ll definitely use this one at the end of my workouts.

Active Recovery/Total Body Stretch-hard for me to review without showing my frustration at the hiccups. Active Recovery was short and sweet but needs a little bit more IMO. Not standalone for me. Maybe a yoga or mobility workout afterwards or even the total body stretch premix. The animal crawls were a challenge, but I think the second time around, I will know what to expect and finish them more smoothly. Total Body Stretch had a really nice flow to it if you don’t have any issues. Haha. Just due to its length, I wish some of the poses were held longer.

Foam rolling-like I said in an earlier post, the upper body was not very comprehensive. It was used more as an assist and a stretch in my opinion. A few sections did go over technique. So if I use this one, I know it’s more stretching and not if I really need to get out the kinks/knots. The lower body routine was a little bit more traditional, but yet again, not enough time spent in each area. It’s good for beginners who need instruction. I probably will use both if I’m just looking for a lighter stretch or massage on my muscles.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 07:34 PM  
Hsim

Thank you for posting your thoughts! I am more interested in these workouts than the strength ones. I am thinking to start a streaming subscription so I can try these workouts.
I always need to incorporate more stretch and mobility.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe mobility, cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews