Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-22, 08:45 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Your pantry sounds fabulous Anna! If I could change something in our house, I'd have a pantry like what you are describing. Nice job.

Eventmom We've donated to silent auctions for local events/charities in the past as well. Great way to rehome!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 12:56 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

lreidgreen - Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You for the ScanSnap scanner recommendation!! OMG, this thing is amazing! I haven't even bothered to learn about profiles or anything. I just set it up and started scanning.

I have so many old (and sentimental) papers and photos I didn't know what to do with and I've been scanning them. This has helped me so much mentally and emotionally. I can save the items in a folder on my computer, but not have paper items to move around.

I used my workout earnings to buy it.

Such a win-win for me. Did I say thank you?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:07 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Speaking of the scanner...

I've been scanning like crazy and recycling a ton of old paperwork.

In fact, I've been scanning so much, according to the scanner, I now have to clean the scanner. I did notice I was starting to get a little bit of a streak on some of my scans. Not really important for most things but it was slightly bugging me.

I ordered this stuff from Staples since I'm paranoid about potentially messing up the scanner and want to follow the manufacturer's guidelines:
https://www.staples.com/fujitsu-pa03...duct_IM16KF925

I had a $5 staples reward so that helped a bit on cost. Should arrive later this week.

In the meantime, I'm still scanning away.

But I definitely want to wait to try to scan any photos or stuff like that until after I clean the scanner.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 10:24 PM  
Vantreesta

I opened the organizers I got from Amazon and made some progress with scarves, socks and bras today. Haven't found anything I'm willing to part with yet but my thrift store run is this wknd so I'll see tmrw if I can add anything to the few things in the bag already.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 12:52 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I sent a box of 9 items off to Thred UP yesterday. First time trying this. Eventmom thanks for the tips! In the process of finding items that might work for Thred Up, I came across more items(extra ballcap w/tags on it that was a gift, skirt, belts) for the Thrift Shop box as well. I'm feeling pretty good about the extra room I now have in my closets and dresser.

Today DH is taking a bag full of freezer packs we've accumulated from food gifts shipped to us. They were taking up way too much room in our freezer. DH found a store that can reuse them as well as a styrofoam cooler that we won't use.

I've started looking into laundry detergent strips to reduce extra room taken up by the big plastic jugs along with reducing use of plastics and how much we recycle. So far the ones I've found are pretty expensive, even if you cut the strip in half for smaller loads. Anyone else use these and have found something fragrance free and economical?

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-01-22, 08:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I've never heard of laundry detergent strips. How do they work?

Saturday I bought and put together a shoe rack for our back entryway closet. I didn't think to check measurements so it's a little deeper than I would have liked, but we just have to turn our boots sideways parallel to it and it works fine. Every time I open the closet and see my shoes all orderly I feel a little giddy. Our coats are too long for the top shelf to be very usable but I was happy to see there's a space btwn my side and hubby's where I can actually set my purse on that top shelf! This makes me happy bc now it doesn't have to sit out on the dining room bench anymore!!

Yesterday I set up tables in the basement and started pulling workouts off the shelves to get them reorganized. It was both exciting and a little overwhelming at the same time! I have a goal to work on this project 10-30 minutes a day, 5 days a week until it's all done. That includes the physical DVDs and VHS as well as my spreadsheet and index cards.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-02-22, 02:58 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, best I can tell, you put one of the laundry detergent strips in the washer and it dissolves with water and then add the clothes. They're supposed to be an alternative to save space and less use of plastics like the liquid detergent comes in. I did read some reviews though and while good in theory, it doesn't sound like they do a good job with really dirty clothes like ours get working outside so we are going to have to pass on them for now.

Great progress on your shoe rack and getting your dvd/vhs project going!

My only progress of recent is getting a good sized bag of packing material to a store in town that also serves for shipping UPS/Fedex/USPS. They were very appreciative. I'm glad to know they can use it.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-02-22, 08:19 PM  
fanofladyvols

A bag of art supplies, a bag of clothes and two bags of books have left my home. Yippee!

The books were children's books and I probably kept more than I should. I was just glad I was able to part with so many. I have tried several times unsuccessfully and had given up each time.

I'll be continuing to reduce children's books this month since I'm making progress

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 09:46 PM  
BunnyHop

My closet declutter continues. I've gotten in the habit of randomly looking around to explore what's there, what I really wear, and what is actually worn out. Somehow doing this for five minutes every few days feels a LOT less traumatic than trying to do a big clean out all at once.

One of my goals is to find stuff in my closet that I want to keep because the fabric is gorgeous. I sew, so I would like to make it easier for myself to plan some sewing projects with that fabric.

I made a few tote bags a while ago with old blue jeans I'd cut into strips. I'm thinking I'd like to do something similar with some of this other stuff. The fabric is good but the styles are so dated it's hard to justify keeping them.
Old 02-02-22, 09:53 PM  
Vantreesta

I bought some of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09HH...b_b_asin_title and they came today so I did my clothes in the main closet. I still have 4 left.

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating