Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-24-22, 09:48 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cathe’s Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower kicked my butt this morning. I forgot how metabolic this routine was. My heart rate was in zone three for the entire workout. I lifted lighter than Cathe and sometimes used bodyweight for the first set since the movements were more rapid and I wanted to make sure I had proper technique. What a cardio effect! The difference with Peloton versus Cathe is the amount of rest you get in between circuits or sets. It can vary between 15 seconds to a full minute. Plus there’s more talking and shout outs in their workouts. And I often do a mix of instructors that are on the schedule. So I get rest in between those sections as well. Another difference with Peloton is the form pointers. It has really helped me in my strength training, yoga and cycling. I think they have over 50 instructors so lots of variety and variations on technique. I also added on six pack abs #1 + extended stretch. Really need to substitute more Cathe in my Peloton schedule. It would be a nice way to mix things up. Sometimes I get lazy and just follow the calendar or only use her warm-ups on occasion.

My daughter and I are taking my mom to lunch today. Happy Friday!
Chele, just had to pop in here and laugh because "lazy" is NOT a word I'd ever associate with you. It's been a while since I've done Stacked Lower but I do recall it being incredibly aerobic and fast moving and leaving me drenched. Kudos to you for getting through it!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 10:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

kittybug - 10 Days to a Better Body is Cindy Whitmarsh. I like the upper body workout, the lower body not so much.

As for the movie, I was mistaken. I realize I hadn't seen the it, only the first one. I rented FOTB2 last night and there was a scene with scary dogs, but they didn't use the footage of the dogs jumping on me/Diane. Well, I got paid extra for it. It seems like a million years ago!

Yesterday, I did Lee's Qi Gong for Better Balance. Very nice!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 01:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans!

I've continued with Fuel this week--#16 Supersets Quads, #17 Giant Sets Upper Body and #18 Glutes & Hamstrings Circuit. Yes, I did the Glutes and Hamstrings one, although it wasn't a favorite. Too many hip dips and I only used 10 pounds for them. I did staggered RDLs for one round and glute bridges for the other round.

I followed with cardio--two Kat "stepless steps" and a 'stepless step' Chris Dorner. I enjoyed the Chris Dorner despite the audio being really fuzzy. She did it with Mike who demonstrated some alternate moves. I think the workouts she does with one or more people means she does fewer shoutouts.

Yesterday I did the Cathe Live #400. It was a nice change and fun! She used the long bands and plenty of variety. I think I could have used the blue band on a couple of moves but the green one worked for the most part. I notice now that when I do a Cathe Live with weights after having done 3+ weeks of Caroline that I can life heavier with Cathe. I followed the CL with another Chris Dorner. This one was a hi/lo cardio and was one gigantic shoutout during the whole workout. She talked so much to the participants she seemed to have trouble cuing properly. So while I would recommend the one with the sketchy audio since it had fun choreography I wouldn't recommend the other one.

All this car talk had me looking at new cars even though mine is going strong and I have no plans to replace it. I looked at plug in hybrids like the Subaru Crosstrek and Hyundai Tucson and wow they are pricey! As a lark I looked at what I could get for my car and it was crazy high too!

And UGH on the tax increases! Our city council was actually going to raise the tax rate after the assessments had already skyrocketed but fortunately they voted it down. We actually have pretty reasonable real estate taxes compared to other areas, but people complain anyway. It depends on what you've seen in other parts of the country, I guess.

Kate, GREAT news about Justin!! So happy for you and the family!

manleym, thanks for the rec of MrandMrsMuscle! I did the warmup one day before Caroline and it was a good one! ITA with you about the music in Fuel being better. I think I commented before that I prefer the music to have fewer lyrics so they don't get so stuck in my head as much (yep, that Name Tag song stuck in my head). Now, I do look forward to the "what's your story" song at the end of the Caroline Fuel workouts since it means I'M DONE!!! ETA: The song is actually named "We Come Alive" by waykap. I was curious so I looked it up. If it's gonna be an ear worm I might as well know the name. However, I'm not interested in knowing anything else about the Name Tag song.

bee, the Fuel burpee workout was actually easier to modify than I thought it would be! As far as the heart rate goes, when I am doing weight work I don't usually do a warmup that's heavy on cardio so my heart rate doesn't go up much from my usual baseline. So even if my heart rate goes up with Caroline's weight work, it doesn't go all that high since the starting point is lower. Does that make sense? I think we may be saying something similar in a different way.

TweenerW, such interesting little tidbits from your life! Funny that they cut the scene that showed you getting jumped on by dogs!

Chele, I don't recall a lot about Cathe's stacked sets, but I do remember a lot of quick movements. I also had to figure out how to modify it since I have a Reebok step, not a club step, so the risers are different. And I agree that NO, lazy is not a word I would use to describe you! Glad you found a car that will work for you! I also totally agree with you not wanting your daughter and her friend driving into the city by themselves and even more so late at night. I hope they enjoyed the concert and you enjoyed your lunch today!

FN1, glad to "see" you posting more frequently. Time gets away so quickly!

...and speaking of which, I gotta get to it. Waves to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 06-24-22 at 03:20 PM. Reason: more info on song!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 02:48 PM  
manleym

KateTT WONDERFUL news about Justin!! Celebrating with both of you!!! Hope for the same good news in 3 months!!

ChelePA ugh on the timing to have to buy a new car. It is CRAZY just how expensive new and used cars are! I have heard that if you order one (like ya'll did) pricing might be a bit better. Houses are crazy expensive too. Hubby has a coworker who offered $50,000 over asking price on a house and lost to another buyer who offered $100,000 over asking price!! That is just insane! But great for the seller.
Hope your daughter and her friend had fun at the concert. How fun taking your mom to lunch. Three generations together - sweet times. And nice being out and about.

Kittybug agree that ChelePA and lazy can't be in the same sentence. Just not possible. Bee and KB, the workout was Eoin's Blissology Thursday Restorative. IIRC it was filmed in Bali.

Bee we're also Subaru fans. Had an Outback for years and now my brother has it. I had the base model, which wasn't great because it made alot of wind noise, but we were happy with it overall.

VVFer that would be scary having those dogs jump on you. I'm not sure that I could have stayed still. So you were in FOTB1, not 2, correct? Well, the lower half of you. HA! Still pretty cool that you were Diane's lower half double.

Cataddict that's great of the City Council to vote down raising taxes. It's nice they're thinking about what's financially best for the residents. Agree that CL #400 was a nice change of pace. I liked using the long bands for something different. Great progress when you can lift heavier than Cathe! Makes you feel strong and accomplished. Glad you liked the Mr&Mrs Muscle warmup. I'll have to pay attention to the "what's your story" song, knowing the torture will soon be over!

Hugs and waves everyone! We're heading out to our friends lake house for the weekend. Going to be plenty hot, but looking forward to it!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 02:52 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Wednesday: FUEL Series 30 Min Posterior Chain Circuits Workout Day 8 (GREAT! Loved using bands) + FUEL Series 30 Min Full-on Full Body Circuits Workout Day 9 (Tough as 2nd workout; liked structure - weights, BW, few more weights, burpees; HR up) + CS Season 4 #1 Deep Muscular Stretch & #3 Muscular Tension Release

Thursday: CL #400 Fit 400: Upper Body Blast (loved using the band; nice change of pace) + Vytas DYP Gentle Balance Flow (nice, slow stretch)

Friday: FUEL Series 30 Min Hard 'n Higher Intensity Workout Day 10 (HARD; ready to be done; lots of burpees/variations - not in the mood for them today, but got through it) + Kari Anderson Reach (checked out from library; felt good after Fuel)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 10:34 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym…have a great weekend at the lake. Hopefully you can stay cool. I am not a lake swimmer. Pool only. And maybe waist deep in the ocean. Ha ha. Unless it’s Bermuda or something crystal clear.

VVfer… always loved Father of the Bride movies. And I would have freaked to have big dogs jumping on me especially with hot dogs in your pocket. When I was younger, I was bitten twice by larger dogs. The fear has never gone away.

Cataddict… quite impressive when lifting heavier than Cathe. I thought the new live looked good. Glad you enjoyed it!

Kittybug… before the accident, I was always very busy. Of course my leg can’t tolerate that these days. So at times I do feel lazy compared to what I could previously accomplish. And I’m definitely lazy when it comes to workout rotations or putting any thought into it. That’s why I like the peloton calendar. Thanks to you and the other ladies for your positive words.

My husband will be leaving for Mexico on Sunday. A work trip. I was hoping we could spend quality time together tomorrow so I decided to tackle the lawn this afternoon. Wasn’t sure if my leg would be up for it after that Cathe workout. But I finished it. We’ll see how my legs feel tomorrow. Funny thing, my husband and I were debating the other day how many miles we walk when cutting the lawn. He was pretty confident it was only around 2 miles. I said no way. It takes me 90 minutes and I know I can probably walk 3 miles in that time. Today I used my Apple Watch to map the distance and it came in at 3.3 miles. No wonder I’m wiped and a sweaty mess when it’s all done.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 10:17 AM  
ChelePA

Good morning!

30 minute intervals and arms cycling class. Tabata sections mixed with light weights. I kept my resistance on the lower side because I wasn’t sure if my legs were up for the numbers she was calling out. 20 minute upper body yoga flow. Finished with Cathe’s Mobility Basics Core Focus premix.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 12:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

manleym - It was FOTB2. My only scene went on the cutting room floor.

Chele - 3.3 miles for lawn work! That's a workout!

Nothing yesterday.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 02:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hellooo all!

Yesterday was Fuel #19 Total body. I liked it, did some modifications as always but the time went by quickly. I can't believe I've gotten this far in the rotation! I think because they are short it's easier to add other workouts so I get some variety. I followed the Fuel workout with a Chris Dorner stepless step "by the pool." This one was a blast! There were no shoutouts, and some fun moves! She had a crew of participants and at the end of the workout she included outtakes and bloopers.

Did I tell you guys we have a new deck "regular" in addition to the feral family +3? It's a raccoon who is fairly small so we are assuming it is a she. She comes late afternoon to eat and she eats hard food in one spot and the cats eat in another section and everyone is fine. She's been coming pretty regularly---at least often enough that she now has a name. She is Raquel. Not sure if she is ready for a photo op, but will take her pic if and when she is ready for her close up. We do like our visitors---it reminds me of home growing up in woodsy PA.

ChelePA, I think I forgot to mention that the Kat workout I did (an advanced one with her sister) did qualify as "advanced" at least by my criteria. I look for 135-140 bpm and some complexity in choreo and it had both. I look for a bit faster bpm since I mostly don't use the step and if it's too "slow" I don't get much of a cardio effect.

ChelePA, Oh, and how are your legs after LawnMax?? Do you normally feel effects the day after or is it two days? So thoughtful of you to do the work so your DH won't have to deal with it before his trip.I do get what you mean about feeling "lazy" in comparison to what you did pre accident. I know I can't do the kind of work in the yard that I used to do and I have to be super careful at what I lift and carry. I have confidence that you will get back to where you were!

manleym, I never thought to check the library for workouts. I don't know if ours has them but it's worth a look. I remember that Caroline HiiT workout---tough stuff! Hope you enjoy the lake!

TweenerW, the cutting room floor is more than I will ever experience in the movies! Are there any other movies that you were in that we should know about?

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 02:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

Friday I was grumpy and stressed and just ick...I did CL 073, Hiit Fit Circuit which somehow cheered me up...Cathe is just so fun, best money I spend every month, literally. It's a high-impact hiit followed by a low-impact hiit followed by two compound metabolic moves and ending with a section of barre. It totally FLEW by though I was soaked by the end! Today is Chore Max and Grocery Max and all the things I detest but have to get done.

Vvfer, I too want a list of your appearances! Your background sounds so fun!

FN2, OMG on Raquel!!! And the cats leave her alone? I so cannot wait until you can get some pics. That's fun! Speaking of new regulars...we (or I) have yet another cat too. Story and pics forthcoming via email.

Manleym, hope you're enjoying the lake house. That sounds wonderful right now!

ChelePA, I hope your legs don't give you grief later today or tomorrow! You do a lot in my book, just saying.

Have a great rest of your day/weekend all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in